View Full Version : Nice Hosing...

SkyWestOKC
04-06-2010, 10:04 PM
What a total BS call, or lack thereof, at the end of the Utah game. That makes me sick. Pathetic....

:fighting2

earlywinegareth
04-07-2010, 08:10 AM
No worries...I hope we face the Jazz in the playoffs if this is the best they can do on their home court.

bluedogok
04-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Evidently the NBA agreed.....

NewsOK.com - NBA: Officials missed last-second foul at Utah (http://newsok.com/nba-officials-missed-last-second-foul-at-utah/article/feed/148765)

Watson410
04-07-2010, 08:40 PM
Evidently the NBA agreed.....

Yup.
NBA admits missed foul call in Oklahoma City Thunder-Utah Jazz game Tuesday night - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5064972)

Comments.
ESPN - Conversations: NBA: Refs missed foul on Durant (http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/5064972)

MikeOKC
04-07-2010, 09:05 PM
A lot of people were calling for a public comment from the NBA and they got it. ESPN says that few refs have the guts to make a game-losing call against the Jazz in Salt Lake as it's a tough and intimidating place to play (and officiate). But, the non-call Tuesday night was so flagrant and it would have put Durant (90% free throw shooter) on the line with no time remaining with three shots.

However, I was impressed with Durant. He was upset on the court, but after the game he was saying it was over and the team moves on, "Gotta keep moving forward and that's where we're goin'." Classy. He's a superstar in every way.

If it's any consolation, even Jazz fans know it was a foul and many people there are saying it was the greatest home basketball game ever played in SLC going all the way back to 1979. What a series matchup the Jazz and Thunder would be!

Bostonfan
04-08-2010, 10:34 AM
How many points did the Jazz score off of turnovers?

Watson410
04-08-2010, 11:15 AM
How many points did the Jazz score off of turnovers?

Jazz had 28 and Thunder had 31

mmonroe
04-08-2010, 11:30 AM
So what happens? Consider it a tie game? Can't go back in time.

Bostonfan
04-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Jazz had 28 and Thunder had 31

I have to laugh when fans bitch and moan about blown calls acting as if that caused their team to lose.

Watson410
04-08-2010, 07:06 PM
I have to laugh when fans bitch and moan about blown calls acting as if that caused their team to lose.

Especially when each team scores 139+ points, there's waaaaay more than just one possession that could have been different to change the outcome... But I do have to agree 100% with the fact that it was a horrible no call. I was extremely pissed at the time, but i'm over it now. GO THUNDER!! Let's get'em in the playoffs!

nik4411
04-08-2010, 07:34 PM
then we blow the game against denver. terrible. that really changed things with the seeding race.

MikeOKC
04-08-2010, 08:19 PM
then we blow the game against denver. terrible. that really changed things with the seeding race.

True. But look at it like this, which all the coaches emphasize.....you have to beat the best teams anyway no matter your seed. You either play them early or later down the road, but if you want to go all the way, the seeding doesn't really matter as you'll end up playing them one way or another. That's where the college March Madness and the NBA are very different. There's a certain parity in NBA playoff teams, where that idea is laughable (with cinderella exceptions) in the NCAA tournament.

Thunder
04-11-2010, 12:20 AM
Since the NBA admitted, they should have instructed both teams to meet again for the Thunder to do their 3 shots. After that, update the scores on record. It's that easy!

rcjunkie
04-11-2010, 04:02 AM
Ref's are human, humans make mistakes, it part of the game. If the Thunder had not blown a couple of earlier plays, one missed/bad called would not have been an issue.

Bostonfan
04-11-2010, 07:36 AM
Since the NBA admitted, they should have instructed both teams to meet again for the Thunder to do their 3 shots. After that, update the scores on record. It's that easy!

Good grief.

bluedogok
04-11-2010, 06:38 PM
The NBA did "complete a game" in the past couple of seasons after a referee/scorers error about fouls and who should have been disqualified (fouled out) or something and stayed in the game. I think it involved the Heat and Shaq. They "finished" the game a month or so after the original game.

I don't see how it applies to the Thunder situation because it was a different call/non-call, but the NBA has done something other than say "live with it" before.

SkyWestOKC
04-13-2010, 06:13 AM
It wouldn't be too hard to finish that one....shoot 3 free throws.