View Full Version : Baseball 2010!

skyrick
04-02-2010, 04:15 PM
I live in Arlington TX, 4 miles from The Ballpark in Arlington, and have a Rangers mini season ticket packet (20 games!). Our spring training camp had so many really good and promising players that there wasn't room for them all! The Red Hawks should have a good team as a result of this.

Anyone else looking forward to MLB 2010?

Oh yeah, Yankees suck! Red Sox fans have gotten really arrogant at the Ball Park in Arlington lately too.

mugofbeer
04-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Flamer! (smile) My wife and I used to share one of those packages and sat in the section next to George W's. I always laughed at how the Hooters seats were so close to his.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
04-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Gr0T9c8SEUk

For the start of a new year!

skyrick
04-05-2010, 07:58 AM
Leaving for the Ballpark in Arlington in about an hour! OPENING DAY!! Opening Day in Baseball is unlike opening day in any other sport! It must be the heritage and history; whatever it is, I love it!

Big plus, the NY Stinkees lost last night!

Go Rangers!! Go Redhawks!!

bluedogok
04-05-2010, 03:11 PM
My three favorites are the Red Sox, Rangers and Rockies. Baseball is just special in Boston, I agree that a bunch of the Sox/Yankees fans can be obnoxious but then many of them remind me of the "all of a sudden" Whorn fans that popped up down here after 2005. Most didn't follow them at all when they weren't good and as soon as the ride is over they will find another trendy bandwagon. You can find out real quick who the real fans are, they know a little about the history of the teams/players. I think I know more about Whorns history than most of the so called fans down here, Most didn't know their football stadium is named after the head coach who was a Sooner player and Oklahoma native. The new Sox and Yankees fans are much the same way. Of course being in OKC we always followed the teams close in to Oklahoma. Living in Dallas during the early 90's the Rangers were always fun to watch.

The Red Sox had a good finish last night against the Yankees.

The Rangers had a great close after a heck of a start by Marcum going 7 1/3rd of no hit ball against the Rangers.

So far the Rockies are leading the Brewers 5-2 in the top of the ninth.

bluedogok
04-05-2010, 03:19 PM
The Rockies Tulowitzki just robbed Prince fielder for the second out in the ninth. Heck of a catch.

skyrick
04-05-2010, 04:11 PM
My three favorites are the Red Sox, Rangers and Rockies. Baseball is just special in Boston, I agree that a bunch of the Sox/Yankees fans can be obnoxious but then many of them remind me of the "all of a sudden" Whorn fans that popped up down here after 2005. Most didn't follow them at all when they weren't good and as soon as the ride is over they will find another trendy bandwagon. You can find out real quick who the real fans are, they know a little about the history of the teams/players. I think I know more about Whorns history than most of the so called fans down here, Most didn't know their football stadium is named after the head coach who was a Sooner player and Oklahoma native. The new Sox and Yankees fans are much the same way. Of course being in OKC we always followed the teams close in to Oklahoma. Living in Dallas during the early 90's the Rangers were always fun to watch.

The Red Sox had a good finish last night against the Yankees.

The Rangers had a great close after a heck of a start by Marcum going 7 1/3rd of no hit ball against the Rangers.

So far the Rockies are leading the Brewers 5-2 in the top of the ninth.

100% agree with you on that type of BoSox/Stinkee/Whorn fans. They're the ones I'm talking about.

It was a tense game, but Young, Guererro, Cruz and Saltalamachia did their jobs in the bottom of the 9th!

Favorite teams:
MLB: Rangers and whoever is playing the Yankees.
NCAAF: Sooners and whoever is playing the LongWhores.
NBA: Never paid attention to it until the last couple of weeks, GO THUNDER!
NFL: (yawn)
NHL: (YAWN)

bluedogok
04-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Must have been a good game to be at, of course now is the time of year to see a game there heat wise. When the Sox come in the middle of August I will be watching it on TV, that is just too hot for me to deal with anymore. I wish they would play there earlier in the season. I like games at Minute Maid, the weather is nice in there. I haven't been to a game at The Ballpark, I went to quite a few at the old stadium, The Ballpark was under construction when I moved back to OKC. We are talking about trying to get up to a game at Fenway this season, if you ever get a chance to go to a game there, do it. I know the Rangers play in Boston a few times this season.

Before I got MLB Extra Innings I watched all the Rangers games, now I keep up with it on the Game Mix channel and usually switch to it after the Red Sox games. I just hate the late West Coast starts that the Rangers have so many of.

skyrick
04-20-2010, 05:50 PM
Attention, all my Oklahoma Redhawks brothers and sisters! You should shortly receive the Rangers primary catcher, Jarrod Saltalamacchia, for a rehab assignment. He has a bad case of the yips right now. He's on the DL, allegedly, for lower back pain, but we here in Arlington think it's because he can't even throw the ball back to the pitcher! He's already caused a couple of stolen bases this season because of this. One of the stolen bases was home!!

Please, please!! Whatever it was you guys did for Nelson Cruz and Chris Davis last season, please do the same for Salty!

Jethrol
04-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Man, I've heard that we've got some great players here and I tried to convince my friends to go in on some season tickets with me but they all just said....meh....don't like baseball. I'm not the biggest fan of baseball, basketball is more my thing, but I really want to get in some more games this year and hopefully see some really good baseball.

mugofbeer
04-25-2010, 09:38 PM
At my house in Denver tonight after going to the Rockies game today. The president of the Rockies, Keli McGregor died apparently of a heart attack earlier this week. Left his wife and 4 pre-college children. They had a very moving ceremony before the game where his children threw out the first pitches to their favorite Rockies players. All of the 4 were so strong and so impressive during the ceremony. I had the honor of meeting and talking to him once for about 2 minutes but I found him to be a tremendously open, nice and honest person - truly an asset to Major League Baseball.

The Rockies did a great job in their win today. They are going to be contenders again this year if they don't fall too far behind the Giants in their usual early season blahs. They heat up as the weather warms up. They have a powerful lineup and have, unlike most years, great pitching and a very deep bench.