View Full Version : The Childrens Place

mmonroe
04-01-2010, 01:45 PM
New store next to Hibbett Sports in the Town Center

Children Store | Baby, Big Girls & Big Boys Clothes, Kids Shoes, Clothing & School Uniforms |The Children's Place (http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/home_10001_10001_-1)

bombermwc
04-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Sweet!

Watson410
04-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Does anyone know when it's suppose to open?

mmonroe
04-07-2010, 07:12 PM
IDK... this may have been bad for Lace and Lizards that opened on Reno by HPM. There is a store similar to this by my job on the side side. It's called Once Upon A Child.

bombermwc
04-08-2010, 09:47 AM
But I believe these are all different types of places. Children's Place is a new clothing store...trendy stuff for kids. It's well liked every where it goes. Lace and Lizards seems like too mom and pop for us. No one knows it's there and it looks like crap from the outside. They aren't attracting business with the way the building looks...horrible location for a clothing store. But Once Upon A Child also has second hand doesn't it? I've heard all kinds of good things about that place and word of mouth keeps it going.

mmonroe
04-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Yes they do have second hand. I think OUAC has a radio commercial too...

OKBound
04-08-2010, 03:26 PM
I won't shop at Children's Place anymore. Several items that I bought were worn out within weeks, getting holes in the leggings or seams coming undone. Then while purchasing these items, I requested that I be able to keep the hangers. I have never been turned down for this request when buying new clothes, especially when it's over $100 worth, but the cashier said no, something about "we recycle our hangers". I admittedly came unglued and threatened to walk out leaving the clothes behind. Then she got snide with me and threw them in the sack. If my daughter wasn't with me and already had fallen in love with the shirts and pants, I would have left it all for her to put back up. This was the third time I had gone to this location and both prior times I wasn't impressed with the customer service. This was the final straw. I sure hope this location has better customer service.

bombermwc
04-09-2010, 07:23 AM
Are hangers really worth all that though...for either side? Officially, most stores keep them because it's a cost that isn't included in the garment and then they reuse the hanger....so if you take it, you're getting something for free. But coming "unplugged" over a hanger, might be a bit excessive....it is, afterall, just a hanger. They're dirt cheap at wally world....and you get them free at the cleaners.

Watson410
04-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Are hangers really worth all that though...for either side? Officially, most stores keep them because it's a cost that isn't included in the garment and then they reuse the hanger....so if you take it, you're getting something for free. But coming "unplugged" over a hanger, might be a bit excessive....it is, afterall, just a hanger. They're dirt cheap at wally world....and you get them free at the cleaners.

LMFAO!! That's hilarious!!! I thought the exact same thing when I read it... IT'S A HANGER!!!! Nothing to get bent out of shape about...

Redskin 70
04-10-2010, 07:38 AM
LMFAO!! That's hilarious!!! I thought the exact same thing when I read it... IT'S A HANGER!!!! Nothing to get bent out of shape about...
Yerp agreed...........................All of us throw hangers away by the boat load...........Frankly I dont want any more than necessary.
With my weekly dry cleaning I have tons of wire hangers and when I attempt to take them back to the dry cleaner, they wont accept then.
ITs against the law for a dry cleaner to recycle cloths hangers......................now isnt that something?:omg:

bombermwc
04-12-2010, 09:16 AM
ITs against the law for a dry cleaner to recycle cloths hangers......................now isnt that something?:omg:

Really? Why is that? Is it the chemicals or what? That seems kinda weird to require them to not reuse them. Strange.

OKBound
04-12-2010, 11:30 AM
I know that in the grand scheme of things this isn't a big deal. Believe me, I've been dealing with a very traumatic year losing our baby last August, thinking my husband was having a heart attack (ended up being asthma related breathing problems) and being hospitalized myself with blood clots in my lungs a week after delivering a still born baby. I know you don't sweat the small stuff. Life's too short.

My point with the hangers is that if they are going to quibble about them, how about if I have to return something? When I'm paying full price for something (which I never had, nor will ever again), a little give is in order. It's about customer service and making the experience a positive one. If I want bad or no service AND poor quality, I'll go to WalMart.

Like I said their clothes didn't last long enough to justify the expense. That was what made me mad in the end and why I won't shop with them. I've since bought at Land's End, Kohl's and JCPenny's and had much better experiences and the quality is better.

fuzzytoad
04-12-2010, 11:34 AM
Yerp agreed...........................All of us throw hangers away by the boat load...........Frankly I dont want any more than necessary.
With my weekly dry cleaning I have tons of wire hangers and when I attempt to take them back to the dry cleaner, they wont accept then.

don't throw them out!

EWQhlmJTMzw

Okiezmom
05-12-2010, 08:55 PM
I was really excited about The Children's Place. I have 2 nephews that I love to buy clothes for and the prices there are very reasonable. That being said, you get what you pay for. I have returned everything I bought because the quality seems to be lacking. I bought the sizes I normally buy and when the boys tried them on they were way too small. One shirt did fit my oldest nephew, but the first time it was washed it faded in splotches all over the shirt. The staff was very gracious when I returned everything and even gave me a coupon to use next time. However, I don't think there will be a next time.

Jesseda
05-12-2010, 09:22 PM
funny, i have never had a problem wit the childrens place, but hey my kids grow, so its not like they keep the clothes more than 3 -5 months

realtorchris
05-12-2010, 09:54 PM
I have shopped this store exclusively in several of the cities I have lived. All my kids wear and play and all the rest. The quality is there, the styles are current, but not whoreish like some of the boutique stuff, and last long enough for me to resale them at the local Just Between Friends sale. Always get top $ for my items, but that may be because I wash and care for the items, just a tip, wash and care for the clothes!