View Full Version : Spring Creek Village Update

Patrick
02-19-2005, 09:57 PM
This article was in today's Oklahoman. At least the article isn't as far-fetched as the last article in The Oklahoman about Spring Creek Village....the last article claimed that the shopping center would have stores like Williams-Sonoma, Saks 5th Avenue, Balliets, and BC Clark....when I contacted these stores, all of them stated they had no interest in the Edmond market. The ENTIRE complex will only be 60,000 square feet, half the size of most Saks stores.

Still, I think this will be a nice upscale shopping area.

--------------
"Neighbors say they like new shopping center
By Greg Elwell

The Oklahoman

EDMOND - Despite early concerns by residents about traffic problems, a new shopping center in southeast Edmond is winning over its neighbors.
Work has already begun on Spring Creek Village on the northwest corner of S 15th Street and Bryant Avenue, just across the street from Spring Creek Plaza, the "jewel of Edmond," said Janet Yowell, Edmond Economic Development Authority executive director.

Diana Gilbert lives east of Spring Creek Plaza and said she's looking forward to Spring Creek Village.

"It's a small neighborhood here, and after talking with my neighbors, I think we're all excited about it," she said. "We hope it will raise our property values."

Traffic has become more congested, but that's true of the entire city, Gilbert said.

Bill Chumley said he and his wife shop at Spring Creek Plaza and they think it will improve the area.

"I'd rather have it here with extra traffic than not have it at all," he said. "The way it's landscaped, the way it looks, it's definitely added to property values," he said.

The new complex, approved for 60,000 square feet of space spread through three buildings, will keep up the high standards set by Spring Creek Plaza, Yowell said.

"The first shopping center gave a substantial return on the investment," Yowell said. "Spring Creek Village could be even bigger."

City Manager Larry Stevens said Spring Creek Plaza established the area and he hopes it continues to produce dividends for Edmond.

"We use it as an example of what we'd like to see more of," he said. "

Nuclear_2525
02-20-2005, 12:19 AM
does anyone have any renderings of this development?

Sooner&RiceGrad
02-20-2005, 11:51 PM
That would be lovely.

Oh, lady, it aint gonna raise your property values, take a page from my boo kwhen they built this Silverwhatever Square thing and traffic increased. Only Kohl's on the NW side I guess.

mranderson
02-21-2005, 09:55 AM
It sounds like the typical strip center, but possibly with no anchor tenant.

Sooner&RiceGrad
02-21-2005, 11:55 AM
I just read the article in the news online, and it looks like the Oklahoman is AT IT again.

Midtowner
02-21-2005, 11:56 AM
I just read the article in the news online, and it looks like the Oklahoman is AT IT again.

Explain.

What do you mean the paper is "at it"?

Sooner&RiceGrad
02-21-2005, 11:59 AM
To make a very, very long post shorter... here is a link to where I already posted my dislike for the Oklahoman.

http://www.okctalk.com/t1675-why-i-dislike-the-oklahoman.html

Patrick
02-24-2005, 09:26 PM
does anyone have any renderings of this development?

I've searched everywhere on the internet for renderings, and can't find any. Renderings can be found at the corner of 15th and Bryant on their sign. From the sign, it appears to look like an upscale strip development, very similar to Spring Creek Plaza, only not as large. There will be 3 buildings, arranged like a horseshoe facing 15th St. Like Spring Creek Plaza, there probably won't be an anchor development. I expect about 10-20 stores, depending on store size.

metro
05-05-2005, 02:19 PM
I drove by yesterday, the exterior is nearing completion, minus the parking lots, steel walls and electrical have started to go up in the interior, its coming along quite nicely. I wish I had my digital camera with me when I was driving by.

Patrick
05-05-2005, 11:41 PM
I noticed it will all be 1 level smaller shops, so you can count Saks out. I still have no idea how the reporter from the Oklahoman got away with making all of those false claims about Williams Sonoma, BC Clark, Saks, Balliets, etc. locating there.