View Full Version : What's going to happen to...

okcrob
03-30-2010, 03:42 PM
I know this was discussed a few months back, but what's going to happen to the block of buildings from Sheridan to Main, Hudson to Walker? I see constant demolition crews on Sheridan next to the bus station, but haven't heard what's being planned for that block... Maybe Steve L can chime in here?

Steve
03-31-2010, 06:17 PM
How will Lost end? What's the meaning of life? Will they get my order right at the McDonald's drive-thru? What's Nick Preftakes up to with the Main Street block?
Aurgh! The pressure! Why can't you hit me up with an easy question?

jbrown84
03-31-2010, 07:26 PM
Rob, the construction crews near there are for the Devon Tower.

okcrob
03-31-2010, 09:00 PM
The Devon crews are tearing down building next to the bus station?

rcjunkie
04-01-2010, 03:27 AM
The Devon crews are tearing down building next to the bus station?

Devon is not involved in this project. There was an article about this project/location in the paper a few months ago, I'll try to find it and post a link.

jbrown84
04-01-2010, 01:34 PM
The construction vehicles across the street from the bus station are Devon related. As rcjunkie said, there was one building torn down a couple months ago (between the bus station and The Lunch Box), but that is all that is planned/announced for now.

okcrob
04-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Well, I live less than a block from there, and I am pretty sure I saw some crews in that area within the last 2 weeks doing something... I didnt really pay that much attention. It looked like they were demo-ing the building next to the one they removed the month before. I thought I had read something about a big plan for that block and didn't know what if anything had progressed. I will walk over there this evening and see if I can figure out which buildings are gone. The also put up some fencing many months ago (Christmas-ish) around certain areas of the bus station. I would assume it was demo related.