View Full Version : Yikes...

circuitboard
03-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Indictment: Militia planned to murder officer, attack funeral

(CNN) -- "Captain Hutaree," his wife and two sons planned with other militia members to kill a law enforcement official to draw the officer's colleagues to the funeral, authorities say. Then, according to an indictment unsealed Monday, the militia planned to attack the funeral procession to kick off its war against the U.S. government.

Members of the Hutaree militia -- whose Web site says it is preparing for end times to "keep the testimony of Jesus Christ alive" -- have been indicted on five counts, including seditious conspiracy and attempting to use weapons of mass destruction.

Federal authorities allege militia members had declared war against law enforcement and "foot soldiers" of the federal government. They had conducted "military-style training" in Lenawee County, Michigan, about 35 miles northwest of Toledo, Ohio, since 2008, the indictment said.

The group's Web site outlines the militia's philosophy: "Jesus wanted us to be ready to defend ourselves using the sword and stay alive using equipment. The only thing on Earth to save the testimony and those who follow it are the members of the testimony, till the return of Christ in the clouds."

Indictment: Militia planned to murder officer, attack funeral - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/29/hutaree.militia.plans/index.html?hpt=T1)

JohnDenver
03-30-2010, 08:08 AM
Where are the Christians to condemn this!?!?!

(trying to find the right emoticon, but failing).

ronronnie1
03-31-2010, 10:11 AM
Crazy xtians with guns and a persecution complex.

Color me shocked.

mugofbeer
03-31-2010, 11:15 AM
Uh oh, I think we've found the Christian haters........what happened to tolerance and diversity?

JohnDenver
03-31-2010, 11:23 AM
Maybe my tolerance and diversity is located in the same place your irony and sarcasm are located.

Let me spell it out for you. When there is a Muslim group busted up, the average person is calling for Muslims to condemn it. The obvious answer is, extremist Muslim groups don't represent the common good Muslim, so why would they need to come out and condemn it? They don't.

mugofbeer
03-31-2010, 11:33 AM
Figure it out, I'm not talking about the extremist militia group. I'm talking about certain hit-and-run posters who come on here, flame up the air with their hatred and then leave. Obviously these militia folks are off the deep end a la Timothy McVeigh but some feel the need to oversimplify and distort and equate them with the entire Christian faith.

JohnDenver
03-31-2010, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=mugofbeer;312788]Figure it out, I'm not talking about the extremist militia group./QUOTE]

I never assumed you were talking about the militia group. I know what you are saying.. Has nothing to do with either posts after the initial one.

Anyway, carry on.

mugofbeer
03-31-2010, 05:14 PM
Perhaps the media simply hasn't picked up on any "Christian" comments. Did you watch the 700 Club the last couple of days? It's only been 2 days and not that much has come out about who these folks really are.

Reality
04-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Well this is a common fallace among those who thing themselves Christians. While I'm sure they meant well, for the good of mankind or whatever...this is not following the words of the Jesus Christ that they adore in vain. Jesus tells us not to worry about those who offend you. Rather he tells us that if someone slaps you across the face to turn the other cheek and offer the other one as well. And more specific to what I'm talking about he tells us not to worry or meddle with the wicked because judgement is for God and not us. Jesus fought violence through peace and won everytime. I think it's time for Christians to follow in the footsteps of Jesus by finding a better way, that doesn't involve violence.