View Full Version : Women Are Taking Over

possumfritter
03-25-2010, 02:38 PM
More women than men are now graduating from college.

53.5% - Ladies First in Education.

Daily Number: Ladies First in Education - Pew Research Center (http://pewresearch.org/databank/dailynumber/?NumberID=964)

Matt
03-25-2010, 03:34 PM
"Women of the world, take over. 'Cause if you don't, the world will come to an end. . . and it won't take long."

-Jim O'Rourke, who's sure to be excited about this news

PennyQuilts
03-25-2010, 03:40 PM
More women than men are now graduating from college.

53.5% - Ladies First in Education.

Daily Number: Ladies First in Education - Pew Research Center (http://pewresearch.org/databank/dailynumber/?NumberID=964)
Yes, and they kicking their butts, academically, besides.

possumfritter
03-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Women, like Nacy Pelosi?

PennyQuilts
03-25-2010, 06:20 PM
Women, like Nacy Pelosi?

That is a freak of nature. Nature never created those eyes.

PennyQuilts
03-25-2010, 06:21 PM
I respectfully ask everyone else to PLEASE not remind me that Pelosi is female.

ronronnie1
03-31-2010, 02:41 AM
I respectfully ask everyone else to PLEASE not remind me that Pelosi is female.

The same could be said of you.

mugofbeer
03-31-2010, 11:51 AM
The same could be said of you.

Total posts, 746, total posts actuall contributing to a discussion, 12.

JohnDenver
03-31-2010, 03:15 PM
I read a book claiming this is a result of catering to girls in school more, leaving boys behind. Addressing self esteem issues for young women, but not the same for boys. A result of minority quotas and feminism.

Not sure I buy it, but the book was interesting to think about.

ronronnie1
03-31-2010, 03:24 PM
Total posts, 746, total posts actuall contributing to a discussion, 12.

Oh she has me on ignore silly. And by you quoting me and adding your "non contributing" reply, you're just gonna upset her delicate sensibilities even more. Shame on you!

In other words, you're no better then I.:fighting3

OKCisOK4me
03-31-2010, 03:51 PM
Well, I truly believe this world needs more sugar mommas. I mean if it's all about equality then it should be a man's right to be supported by his lady!

mugofbeer
03-31-2010, 04:45 PM
Oh she has me on ignore silly. And by you quoting me and adding your "non contributing" reply, you're just gonna upset her delicate sensibilities even more. Shame on you!

In other words, you're no better then I.:fighting3

Far from it. I don't come on here solely for the purpose of flaming and inciting anything and everything I post on or engaging in personal attacks on people (though its not my intention I know I have been guilty but I truly try not to).

Why don't you try being civil and contributing to a discussion instead of just being smarmy, insulting and selfish? You actually tried it a couple of weeks ago (thus the 12 contributing comments) and added some decent comments to a conversation so we know you are capeable.

PennyQuilts
03-31-2010, 04:56 PM
I read a book claiming this is a result of catering to girls in school more, leaving boys behind. Addressing self esteem issues for young women, but not the same for boys. A result of minority quotas and feminism.

Not sure I buy it, but the book was interesting to think about.

The way the argument is going, in a nutshell, is that boys are too savage to remain seated and learn so we need to adjust the teaching methods so they don't have to learn self discipline. The idea is that schools are structured to play to the strengths of the females.

There are certainly differences between the boys and girls - I've often said they aren't even the same species. That being said, this is nothing new and boys in times past have been able to learn to keep their seat and pay attention. Of course, they are sent to school by parents who taught them to do that. These days, with so many parents just letting the kids run wild, I don't doubt that many of the boys of school age have absolutely no notion of how to behave. It is being packaged as damaging their self esteem by expecting them to practice self control and civility. I can't tell you how many piss poor parents I've heard excuse their own lack of parenting skills and their sons' lousy school performance by accusing the teachers of damaging the boys' self esteem by actually expecting them to behave. Even one little savage can turn a classroom upside down. Multiply that by several and no one is going to learn.

I could strangle Oprah for the whole "self esteem" religion. It's BS as understood and practiced by the daytime television watchers.