View Full Version : Fencing in Moore?

fvalente
03-24-2010, 02:21 PM
They've put a white fence up, separating I-35 and the service roads. Does anyone know the purpose? Other than looking goofy, maintenance and cleaning issues and the jokes questioning if they're trying to keep people out or in, does it really serve a purpose?

cdbthunder
03-24-2010, 03:20 PM
I have wondered about that also and you know that kind of fence is expensive, not to mention all the labor to erect it. I have no idea what purpose it serves, I mean if it was there to prevent crossover accidents then it would make sense. Although it looks really nice now makes you wonder what it will look like in a couple of years

Jesseda
03-24-2010, 03:44 PM
look at the white fencing they have put in downtown moore a couple years back, its already rusting (turning brown)

fvalente
03-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Thank God, I thought it was just me! I don't think it looks nice, I think it looks out of place. I can't imagine the cost that went into erecting it and it's already dirty looking, I wonder what the cost of maintaining it is going to be? And how long is it going to take them to fix it when someone drives through it? What a waste of time and more importantly in today's economic climate, a waste of money.

Easy180
03-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Not great but it sure beats the chicken wire they had up

rcjunkie
03-24-2010, 08:20 PM
JUST MY OPINION: it's looks cheap to me, should have used something more decorative or nothing at all. Those that feel/state this is some type of barrier system are kidding themselves, this PVC fence wouldn't stop a bicycle going 5 MPH.

pearlbluevtx
03-25-2010, 10:10 AM
I didn't like it when it was first going in. But, as I drive by on 35 and look over there on both the east & west sides, I start liking it more and more. I had heard that it was just to try and make it look nicer - my opinion only, I like it better than the "chicken wire" mentioned above but it wouldn't have been my first choice but I do like it better now. At night, when I've gotten off at Warren or around the area, the light & glare off the fencing is a little irritating. Still, I think it's an improvement

MrZ
03-26-2010, 09:06 PM
The fencing must not have been very strong because in front of Freddy's there is an area where it looks like someone crashed through the fence and pieces are still laying around.

OKC@heart
03-27-2010, 02:48 PM
If anyone has an opportunity I would love to see a picture to get a sense of where it is located and how it has been used. It is always dissappointing to see a decent idea executed with ignorance and then doing something that is not for the longterm. Although depending on how bad it looks maybe permanence would have been a bad thing. The I know that the city of Moore is growing at a breakneck pace these past years, however I think that the city needs someone who really knows planning and design to work with them on the public face they present to the residents as well as those they hope to encourage to locate or do business there.

mikesimpsons82
03-27-2010, 05:35 PM
The fencing must not have been very strong because in front of Freddy's there is an area where it looks like someone crashed through the fence and pieces are still laying around.
Yep. Pretty amazing. What a waste of money.

By the way, it looks to be vinyl. There is basically no upkeep with it, unless of course people continue to crash into it.

usmbubba
03-27-2010, 06:41 PM
I noticed tonight in front of Furrs, right where the road comes from the theatre, that fence has already has a crash go throught it

rcjunkie
03-28-2010, 02:46 AM
Yep. Pretty amazing. What a waste of money.

By the way, it looks to be vinyl. There is basically no upkeep with it, unless of course people continue to crash into it.

It's PVC, available at your local Lowe's and Home Depot. IMO, it's great for aesthetics around a rural subdivision but not for this use.

mikesimpsons82
03-28-2010, 06:29 AM
I noticed tonight in front of Furrs, right where the road comes from the theatre, that fence has already has a crash go throught it
I'm not sure if you've noticed this yet, but Japan attacked Pearl Harbor too! :fighting2

mikesimpsons82
03-28-2010, 06:31 AM

Jesseda
03-28-2010, 06:37 AM
what???? when did they attack??? r u serious

HamWx
04-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Looks a lot better than the wire fence with plastic walmart bags stuck in it. Maintenance should be easy and inexpensive with the exception of repairs from people running their cars through it...

Matt
04-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Fencing in Moore?

I'm all for it, as long as everybody else in the metro will still have free access to The Warren.