View Full Version : More parks needed on Oklahoma River

Patrick
02-19-2005, 08:23 PM
I really haven't taken a good look at the Master Plan for the Oklahoma River, but I hope more parks are planned for the river. Currently, there are only 4 parks on the river: River Park, Wheeler Park, Wiley Post Park, and Regatta Park. This if for a 7 mile stretch. I'd only hope that someday we'll have at least 10 parks, many with fishing docks, boat ramps, play ground equipment, picnic tables, etc. I'm guessing this is probably in the master plan.

mranderson
02-20-2005, 08:16 AM
I agree. I wonder what the odds of Dell park being built along the river are? Could be near Dell so we can use it at lunch.

Midtowner
02-20-2005, 09:18 AM
I'm interested to see how the bicycle trails have been coming along. Does anyone know if they are complete along the river yet? Has anyone ridden them?

Patrick
02-24-2005, 09:18 PM
The bicycle trails are no complete. All of the bridges have been put in place. Unfortunately, I really haven't seen anyone using the trails yet. I wonder if the area could be scaring people away. I noticed some gang graffiti on one of the new bridges a few days ago.

I happened to go by the skate park a few days ago, and it looked pretty impressive. Seems like a lot of kids were using it.

Maybe as more activities begin to occur on the river, more people will start using the trail system. It took awhile to build interest at Lake Hefner.

Having a Dell Park near the Dell facility would be a great addition. There aren't any parks on that portion of the river. The closest park is either Wiley Post or Wheeler....probably Wheeler.