View Full Version : Life!!

HewenttoJared
03-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Did anyone catch the start of it on Discovery? It's every bit as fantastic as the Planet Earth series.

westsidesooner
03-22-2010, 03:20 PM
I had planned to watch it and completely forgot. I already have the dvr set to record the first episode to be replayed this coming Sunday, and the new episode set to follow that. I loved the planet earth series.....thx for letting me know I'm in for a treat this Sunday.

MadMonk
03-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Got it on my DVR. I got my new hi-def satellite receiver just in time!;)

PennyQuilts
03-22-2010, 04:19 PM
I meant to watch it - need to make a note to myself - thanks for the heads up. I love those type of shows.

Brandon_sharp
03-22-2010, 04:19 PM
My wife and I watched it. We enjoyed it!

silvergrove
03-22-2010, 04:27 PM
The BBC version has David Attenborough narrating it.

I have nothing against Oprah but I much prefer the British guy narrating but that's just my opinion.

fuzzytoad
03-22-2010, 04:33 PM
The BBC version has David Attenborough narrating it.

I have nothing against Oprah but I much prefer the British guy narrating but that's just my opinion.

Agreed. This has already aired before on BBC, BBCA and is available on blueray(and downloadable, if you don't mind breaking silly laws).

I can't imagine why this would need to be rebranded and rebroadcast with Oprah narrating.

Dustin
03-22-2010, 10:31 PM
It was awesome! I had no idea an Octopus died after her eggs hatched.. All 100,000 of them.. Very interesting show! And Oprahs voice isn't that bad.. lol. Sigourney's voice can't be beat!

Jethrol
03-22-2010, 10:56 PM
I watched it with my mom.....we were blown away by the flying fishes. That was very cool....I had no idea these kinds of fishes existed.

I liked a lot of the show but some of the images look like film conversions to HD instead of true HD captures. Maybe I'm just being a bit too picky.

Still it was a very good show and quite entertaining....now I'm torn, The Pacific, Celebrity Apprentice, Thunder Basketball, Texas Rangers Baseball, riding my motorcycle, Life or video games. What to choose, what to choose. :)

PennyQuilts
03-23-2010, 08:15 AM
When is this on? Yes, I suppose I should look it up...

Dustin
03-23-2010, 09:35 AM
When is this on? Yes, I suppose I should look it up...

Sundays at 9 or 8.. Not sure what time

PennyQuilts
03-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Sundays at 9 or 8.. Not sure what time

Thanks!

silvergrove
03-23-2010, 12:48 PM
YouTube - Life - Venus Flytraps: Jaws of Death - BBC One (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7eQKSf0LmY)

Life - Timelapse of swarming monster worms and sea stars - BBC One (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG17TsgV_qI)

The BBC version of Life. Very pretty visuals and very entrancing science. This video cannot be embedded here due to the owner's request but it's still nifty to watch.

dmoor82
03-26-2010, 10:06 PM
I just bought a 42' Samsung LED and this new series-Life is just flat out AMAZING on it!!! I highly would recommend to any1 with a Hi-def TV to watch this amazing 11 part series!

MikeOKC
03-26-2010, 10:46 PM
I watched the entire BBC version narrated by David Attenborough. It was incredible! I didn't think they could ever top 'Planet Earth' but I think they did. I started to watch the US version, but after 15 minutes with Oprah Winfrey, I am so glad I watched the original, uncut, Attenborough 'Life'. But no matter who narrates, it's a must-see!

MadMonk
03-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Finally watched the first show. Great stuff. I did notice that the Venus flytrap sequence was edited quite a bit compared to the BBC version posted above. That's a little disappointing. Makes wonder how much of the other stuff we are missing with the Oprah version. I also agree that Sigourney Weaver's voice would have been a great choice again.

nik4411
03-27-2010, 10:07 PM
are they airing the original version at all? listening to oprah really turns me off the show