View Full Version : Commanding Win against the Raptors tonight

Jethrol
03-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Wow....wow....holy crap!! That was awesome!!!

You know, it's really the mark of a good team when they lose like we did in Charlotte but then we bounce right back and lay a smack down on a very decent team. Many a younger team, including last year's Thunder club, would have let that loss to Charlotte turn into much more than it needed to.....with a few losses in a row. However, they bounced back and we got to go deep into the bench and see how some of those guys play.....and it was impressive.

Not only that, with this win we lock up a winning season and got road win #20 for the season.....neither of which has happened for over 5 years with this team. (yeah...I got that stat from the post game show.) :)

I'm so excited. I think we're going to make the playoffs this year...yeah we have difficult games ahead but we've also got some easier ones. I can't wait to see how this season closes up......is it too much to ask for a 2nd round? Haha....guess we should make the playoff first then start talking about 2nd round.

Oh well...good stuff and I'm so impressed with our team.

LET'S THUNDER UP!!!

OKCDrummer77
03-19-2010, 09:47 PM
One comment on the Raptors' blog:

"Thank God my cable was out."

That had to be hard to watch for a Raps fan (the "boo birds" were out in force in the arena), but it was a thing of beauty for us Thunder fans. We need to keep it up against the Pacers on Sunday with a tough home stand (Spurs, Rockets, Lakers) coming up next week.

Jethrol
03-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Yeah no kidding....they were booing at 1/2 time. lol

Sun/Mon is going to be tough. Pacers then Spurs....but I'm not that worried. They'll be in the Thunderdome and if we play like we did tonight, we'll even rock Kobe's world.

I think it was Kobe that said something like, "OKC is a very scary team. They have some wicked talent there. Don't underestimate them."

OKCisOK4me
03-20-2010, 08:06 AM
Yeah no kidding....they were booing at 1/2 time. lol

Sun/Mon is going to be tough. Pacers then Spurs....but I'm not that worried. They'll be in the Thunderdome and if we play like we did tonight, we'll even rock Kobe's world.

I think it was Kobe that said something like, "OKC is a very scary team. They have some wicked talent there. Don't underestimate them."

LOL, I'd think that when you allow the opponent that's playing in your house to score 70 in one half that I'd be booing too. I didn't pay for that product. It's awesome that we put that many up!

Jethrol
03-20-2010, 03:02 PM
LOL, I'd think that when you allow the opponent that's playing in your house to score 70 in one half that I'd be booing too. I didn't pay for that product. It's awesome that we put that many up!
haha yep and just think, we could have hung 140 on em if we'd kept up the pace.

3rd stringers got a good workout and we'll definitely need them in the playoffs and/or this next week.

OKCisOK4me
03-20-2010, 03:06 PM
haha yep and just think, we could have hung 140 on em if we'd kept up the pace.

3rd stringers got a good workout and we'll definitely need them in the playoffs and/or this next week.

Reminds me of that last game against the Clippers last year to end the season!

dmoor82
03-21-2010, 02:48 PM
And we follow it up by a horrific Loss!!!!!bigger point diff in The loss than The pt. diff in last night's win!WOW!

SkyWestOKC
03-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Dang, that sucked.... :(

dmoor82
03-22-2010, 08:39 PM
after tonights loss to SAS,The Thunder are Now in 7th place in The West,Thunder was in 5th just 3 games ago!

SkyWestOKC
03-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Disappointed! Very disappointed!

dmoor82
03-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Disappointed! Very disappointed!

^^^ yeah me too,but they have made an amazing turnaround this year!I'm still proud of them!

Jethrol
03-23-2010, 05:36 PM
Yeah I agree, it's disappointing but imagine if you are the players....they've got to be down. But like dmoor82, I'm proud of them for what they've been able to accomplish this season and I'm looking forward to the rest of the week.

So the competition is surging while we're slumping but there's still time for us to rally. I don't think anything is lost yet and Thabo's shot at the end very nearly went in.

We've had a lot of really close losses this season which isn't reflected when you're just doing straight win/loss analysis. Our record doesn't indicate what an outstanding job we've done this year and the coaches, players and staff should all be commended for a job VERY well done. I'm so impressed and pleased and I can't wait to watch them play their next game. Hopefully some of these closer games will start going our way.

No matter how you slice it, this season has been a great one for the team.