View Full Version : ABC News paid C Anderson $200,000.00

PennyQuilts
03-18-2010, 05:33 PM
You know - the gal sitting in jail on murder charges who is accused of killing her little girl and who admittedly partied for weeks before admitting that baby was missing? The one who made up all kinds of crap about the daycare provider having her last? - all of which was made up? That one?

It has just come to light that ABC News paid her $200,000.00 for exclusive home video and the like and has used the lame excuse that they entered the deal before she was "charged" with murder.

Give me a break. The only reason they wanted the video, etc. was because she'd been accused of killing her child (if not officially charged - that took forever). The media was full of stories, none of which have been struck down, about how she partied and the like while her little girl was dead, somewhere. Everyone at the time expected a murder charge.

This is repulsive. ABC gave the money - for ratings! - to the woman suspected of killing that baby. Recall she was found duct taped with a sticker over her mouth. Makes me sick.

I am taking the ABC app off my iphone, removing it from my favorites and I swear, will never listen to that morally bankrupt organization, again. I mean, they gave money to the person accused of murdering that baby. And you know they did it for ratings. Disgusting.

mugofbeer
03-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Wow, that's a major violation for a "reputable" news organization. I bet they get an earful about it. I wonder who made that decision? They must be hiring from the National Enquirer now.

PennyQuilts
03-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Here is a link.

FOXNews.com - Lawyer: ABC News Paid Casey Anthony $200,000 (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/03/18/conversations-casey-anthony-inmates-released/?test=latestnews)

I saw the video of the lawyer talking to the court. The court asked him to clarify if he actually meant ABC News. I can't help but think the court was stunned.

Here is a CNN link if you don't like Fox:

http://insession.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/18/judge-defers-ruling-on-casey-anthony-indigency/

MikeOKC
03-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Repulsive. Think of all the people who work so hard to get anywhere close to 200 grand in the bank. All she had to do was be accused of murdering her child and that made her valuable as a celebrity (gulp) in the eyes of ABC. Shame.

OU Adonis
03-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Cant the government get involved on that? Proffiting on your crime ect?

MikeOKC
03-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Cant the government get involved on that? Profiting on your crime ect?

I think their technicality claim is that they gave her the money before she was actually charged. Disgusting.

Jethrol
03-19-2010, 08:42 PM
This makes me sick. I can see the National Inquirer doing something sleazy like this but that's their thing....I don't like that any better but for a major news organization to stoop to this level is unreal.

Steve
03-19-2010, 08:51 PM
They paid for news - doesn't matter if Anthony was charged or not. And yeah, it's wrong. It's very, very wrong.