View Full Version : 2010 Census Questionnaire

OKCTalker
03-16-2010, 09:58 AM
After all of the vitriol about how the 2010 Census is going to destroy our country, the form arrived yesterday. It asks:
1) Number of people living here most of the time?
2) Any others living there?
3) Is it a house, apartment or mobile home?
4) What's your phone number?
5) What's your name?
6) What's your sex?
7) What's your DOB?
8) Hispanic, Latino or Spanish origin?
9) Race?
10) Do you sometimes live someplace else?
And then it asks similar questions for others living here.

So what's the problem? Heck, this is less information gathered on census forms from 100 years ago!

OKCMallen
03-16-2010, 10:16 AM
I thought it was awfully short...

adaniel
03-16-2010, 10:21 AM
I learned a long time ago that when the black helicopter crowd gets going about conspiracies its usually nothing. Sadly I've run into a lot of people in this area that believe the gubmint will use this info to come into their houses. They don't realize that not filling it out means less resources allocated to this state and their community, including all the way up to losing representation in congress and the state house.

PennyQuilts
03-16-2010, 10:42 AM
I am less concerned about the government coming into my home than I am about them using the information to know how best to gerrymander to grab power.

hipsterdoofus
03-16-2010, 10:45 AM
I believe there may be more than one form - some people may get one asking for more information.

Pete
03-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Those were exactly the questions I was asked here in California.

Kerry
03-16-2010, 10:55 AM
The Census changed the forms. One in Six Americans were supposed to get a long form that asked over 100 questions, many of the dealing with personal information such as your finances and bills. They scrapped this as part of the Census and have moved those questions to something called the American Community Survey which I think will be voluntary.

Everyone will be receiving the short Census questionnaire only.

http://2010.census.gov/partners/pdf/ConstituentFAQ.pdf

5. How will the 2010 Census differ from previous censuses?
In 2010, every residence will receive a short form of just 10 questions.
More detailed socioeconomic information previously collected through
the decennial census will be asked annually of a small percentage of the
population through the American Community Survey. To learn more about
the American Community Survey, visit www.census.gov/acs

If the Census only takes a few minutes thank the Conservatives.

Thunder
03-16-2010, 11:22 AM
My name?! Phone number?! That's way too personal.

gen70
05-22-2010, 10:27 PM
I have not received my census form as of date. Not sure but, maybe my trailer park has Kings-X.

gmwise
05-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Good lord, let those loons not answer those questions it just helps with redistricting, losing a few Republicans in the House and in the US Congress.
Thank you for eliminating yourselves.
Next time try some decon...thanks

gen70
05-22-2010, 11:42 PM
I'am not sure if my info. will bring down the power Reich.. I am kinda looked up to in my park.

USG '60
05-23-2010, 06:38 AM
I am kinda looked up to in my park.

What a great line. Sounds like one from Earl. :tiphat:

decepticobra
05-23-2010, 07:33 AM
why do we even have a census anymore??? its retarded. seriously. if the govt wants to find anyone in this country...anyone..they will and can find them, cause they have the means to. just like they recently found me, after i somehow have never served jury duty for 16 yrs (im 34 yrs old) since being eligible.

owe child support? a warrant for your arrest? convicted felon? escaped prisoner? back taxes? destroy govt property? arson?

you will be found, regardless if you fill out a silly census card or not. the govt already has its population count on hand.

.....im gonna go back to watching enemy of the state.

Peach fuzz
05-23-2010, 09:16 AM
I learned a long time ago that when the black helicopter crowd gets going about conspiracies its usually nothing. Sadly I've run into a lot of people in this area that believe the gubmint will use this info to come into their houses. They don't realize that not filling it out means less resources allocated to this state and their community, including all the way up to losing representation in congress and the state house.

This is so true, my brother in law and his friends think that they ask how many people so they know what theyre going to deal with when they raid the house! lol wow

wheres some rage against the machine in these times sheesh

gmwise
05-23-2010, 01:12 PM
why do we even have a census anymore??? its retarded. seriously. if the govt wants to find anyone in this country...anyone..they will and can find them, cause they have the means to. just like they recently found me, after i somehow have never served jury duty for 16 yrs (im 34 yrs old) since being eligible.

owe child support? a warrant for your arrest? convicted felon? escaped prisoner? back taxes? destroy govt property? arson?

you will be found, regardless if you fill out a silly census card or not. the govt already has its population count on hand.

.....im gonna go back to watching enemy of the state.

Thats why I'm in favor of cross referencing databanks, and satellites watching/listening on America,..who needs foreign enemies when you have the militias and the tea baggers...ok now tin foiled folks get that hat redone..lol

NikonNurse
05-23-2010, 04:02 PM
I never received a census form. And no one has come a knocking.

gen70
05-23-2010, 05:24 PM
What a great line. Sounds like one from Earl. :tiphat: Who is Earl?

SkyWestOKC
05-23-2010, 10:08 PM
My Name is Earl

USG '60
05-24-2010, 06:33 AM
My Name is Earl

Yes, the recently cancelled NBC Thursday night comedy. The funniest trailer-trash comedy of all times. At least we still get reruns. :woowoo:

gen70
05-24-2010, 06:42 AM
Yes, the recently cancelled NBC Thursday night comedy. The funniest trailer-trash comedy of all times. At least we still get reruns. :woowoo: It's a good'n.

bsmall
05-24-2010, 09:59 AM
why do we even have a census anymore??? its retarded. seriously...

It's in the constitution. We would need a constitutional amendment to stop.

SkyWestOKC
05-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Census Enumerator just knocked on my door. I told them I'm really not interested in this.

She left me a number to call in the survey but I ain't calling it.

JIMBO
05-24-2010, 03:44 PM
If you don't call in they will be back; with a SWAT team.

SkyWestOKC
05-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Bring it on. If they don't have a warrant they can get off my property.

rcjunkie
05-24-2010, 04:57 PM
My My, all of this over a census, too bad most don't get this upset or involved when it's something important.

SkyWestOKC
05-24-2010, 05:01 PM
If they know my address already to stop by, why do they need to know it again? The government should already know who's here...it's called a social security card, drivers license, etc.

JIMBO
05-24-2010, 05:27 PM
If you have a split personality, do you count as two people?

Thunder
05-25-2010, 06:51 AM
If you have a split personality, do you count as two people?

Yes. It is important that everyone remembers that. Also, count the deads.

Spartan
05-30-2010, 07:56 PM
I had one come by my place and insist that I fill it out, despite living in Canada. I was on a super long layover in Denver on Census Day. So I guess I'm a citizen of Denver?? Cool!

Thunder
05-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Mom filled hers out and mailed it in. The other day, the lady came by just as we approached and she wanted to ask her questions.... Incompetency at its best. *sighs* Government is so screwed.

gen70
05-30-2010, 10:16 PM
I still have not received my census papers...what' is up with that?,,,Guess I'am still exempt...

Spartan
05-30-2010, 10:21 PM
Mom filled hers out and mailed it in. The other day, the lady came by just as we approached and she wanted to ask her questions.... Incompetency at its best. *sighs* Government is so screwed.

There was probably a computer program that flagged you as a potential liar or an undocumented worker or something like that. Dealing with these Census people is so much easier if you just answer their damn questions each time they come and don't be an a-hole. Amazing how many people brag about threatening or being rude to these poor census workers..

Yeah, it's bull****. But this is the world we live in, and there are benefits to being pleasant and playing by the rules. If you can't even do that when they ask your name and how many people live with you, what else do you have a problem with? Functioning in society is a good thing.

Thunder
05-31-2010, 04:04 AM
There was probably a computer program that flagged you as a potential liar or an undocumented worker or something like that. Dealing with these Census people is so much easier if you just answer their damn questions each time they come and don't be an a-hole. Amazing how many people brag about threatening or being rude to these poor census workers..

Yeah, it's bull****. But this is the world we live in, and there are benefits to being pleasant and playing by the rules. If you can't even do that when they ask your name and how many people live with you, what else do you have a problem with? Functioning in society is a good thing.

You're an azzhole, you know that, right. Mom wouldn't even come close to what you accuse HER (not me). She listed the info right on her and my brother living there. My guess was that this lady was going door to door for double check or whatever the hell the lady was doing.

Bostonfan
05-31-2010, 06:17 AM
What the hell is wrong with some of you? Why not answer the 10 questions and send it in? THen if you aren't going to do that, why be rude to the workers when it's not their fault they have to come by your place? Jeez, I just don't get it.

Thunder
05-31-2010, 06:33 AM
What the hell is wrong with some of you? Why not answer the 10 questions and send it in? THen if you aren't going to do that, why be rude to the workers when it's not their fault they have to come by your place? Jeez, I just don't get it.

You don't get it, because you just can't read. Mom sent hers in a long time ago.

Bostonfan
05-31-2010, 06:49 AM
You don't get it, because you just can't read. Mom sent hers in a long time ago.

So then I wasn't talking about you. Don't think you're the only one writing on this thread.

rcjunkie
06-01-2010, 04:02 AM
I read somewhere that when a census worker visits your house, they sprinkle some type of dust in the air, it lands on and penetrates your skin and when it hits moisture it turns into a computer chip. This way the Government can track your every move.

Sounds stupid right, just as stupid as refusing to answer a few simple questions!!

Spartan
06-01-2010, 12:39 PM
You're an azzhole, you know that, right. Mom wouldn't even come close to what you accuse HER (not me). She listed the info right on her and my brother living there. My guess was that this lady was going door to door for double check or whatever the hell the lady was doing.

Ok? And that's cause for intimidating some poor hourly worker, why? I guess I'm an ahole for suggesting that answering the simple questions will save everyone enormous headaches in the end.

Thunder
06-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Ok? And that's cause for intimidating some poor hourly worker, why? I guess I'm an ahole for suggesting that answering the simple questions will save everyone enormous headaches in the end.

You make no sense. Where the hell you get the idea of what you are saying?

gmwise
06-01-2010, 11:37 PM

Did she filled it out correctly,or use a pencil instead of a pen?

gmwise
06-01-2010, 11:41 PM
You make no sense. Where the hell you get the idea of what you are saying?

Thunder,really reread what he said.
He was speaking generally.
calm down..

gmwise
06-01-2010, 11:42 PM

Do you know how many people they have to do follow ups with?
or even how many was filled out wrong?
Or how about the loons who wont filled them out correctly for some stupid reason known only to a bagger?

Matt
06-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Why not answer the 10 questions and send it in?

Why not? 'Cause f.ck the gubmint, that's why not!

rcjunkie
06-02-2010, 03:41 AM
It's apparent by many postings on this thread that most are clueless as to what purpose the Census serves. Would be great if people new what they were talking about before making such idiotic comments/statements

Midtowner
06-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Would be great if people new what they were talking about before making such idiotic comments/statements

But this is the internet.

rcjunkie
06-02-2010, 09:45 AM
But this is the internet.

True, would be nice if they would use the internet to do a little research instead of just throwing out idiotic answers/comments.

Midtowner
06-02-2010, 11:40 AM
True, would be nice if they would use the internet to do a little research instead of just throwing out idiotic answers/comments.

You expect too much.

Consider the source here. Here's a guy who thinks it's perfectly rational to try to intimidate some poor hourly worker who is just doing hist or her job--a very important job.

Funny enough, this individual in another thread has no problem doing business with Express Credit Auto, giving them all the information they could ever need to track him down and repossess his car, but telling a government official what how many people live with him, what race they are and some other general information is scary.

Totally bizarre and irrational.

FritterGirl
06-02-2010, 11:57 AM

OK. So what if you diligently fill it out, send it in, and then a worker comes by your house with the form saying "we haven't received it yet" - SIX WEEKS AFTER HAVING SENT IT.

The worker did not just stop at our house because we were on a "list." She was going door-to-door. I asked that specifically.

If that is the case, why go through the process again when I have already done my civic duty? My guess is it has been received, but due to the vast volume of forms, has not been processed yet (although I would assume that "process" is nothing more than taking it out of the envelope then electronically scanning it).

Would the data not be scewed if my census were counted twice? How many other households are counted twice because "we haven't received it yet."

I'm not trying to argue against the workers themselves, but it seems like there is a lot of redundancy occurring.

blangtang
06-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Once the workers are finished counting people, they should count all the frogs in the country. Its vitally important to know how many frogs there are. Plus, they need the work.

gmwise
06-02-2010, 02:37 PM
Interesting you mention frogs.
Amphibians are dying off around the world.

Scientists Scramble to Solve Amphibian Death Puzzle Frog Matters (http://frogmatters.wordpress.com/2009/02/20/scientists-scramble-to-solve-amphibian-death-puzzle/)
Andrew Blaustein on Earth’s disappearing amphibians | Biodiversity | EarthSky (http://earthsky.org/biodiversity/andrew-blaustein-on-earths-disappearing-amphibians)
Amphibians in losing race with climate | COSMOS magazine (http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/news/1284/amphibians-losing-race-with-climate)
Climate Change Drives Widespread Amphibian Extinctions; Warmer Temperatures Enhance Growth Conditions Of Fatal Fungus (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/01/060112035218.htm)

Thunder
06-02-2010, 04:06 PM
Yeah, gmwise, hers was filled out correctly. She had to tell the lady the same thing again.

It's just strange that they would go door-to-door on taxpayers' money to ask questions that they had already received the answers for.

They have not stop by my place, so I guess they filed my answers properly.