View Full Version : Video Games

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Jethrol
03-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Anyone else here love video games? PC, XBox, PS3, etc.

What are you currently playing and why or why don't you like it?

This thread is not to start a war about which system is better because let's be honest, it really doesn't matter. What appeals to one gamer won't appeal to another gamer and there's nothing wrong with that. Live and let live.

After many decades of PC gaming, I seriously never thought that a console would take me away from PC gaming. However, I'm now pretty much an exclusive console gamer. I rarely, if ever, buy a PC games...not because I don't like them but because I'm having so much fun with my 360.

So I just downloaded Toy Soldiers....it's a pretty cool strategy game that's quite fun to play. Based on WW1 you set buy various implements of war and try to protect your toy box. The setting is a diorama where you would actually set up toy soldiers and have pretend battles....but in this setting, all the battles are real and your defenses must be strong enough to withstand wave after wave of enemy.

The other games that have me pretty much hooked right now are MLB 2k10, Forza 3, Fight Night Round 4, Lego Indiana Jones 2 and Sacred 2 Fallen Angel.

So what are you playing, what are you excited about and what games were you disappointed in?

RedDirt717
03-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Anyone else here love video games? PC, XBox, PS3, etc.

What are you currently playing and why or why don't you like it?

This thread is not to start a war about which system is better because let's be honest, it really doesn't matter. What appeals to one gamer won't appeal to another gamer and there's nothing wrong with that. Live and let live.

After many decades of PC gaming, I seriously never thought that a console would take me away from PC gaming. However, I'm now pretty much an exclusive console gamer. I rarely, if ever, buy a PC games...not because I don't like them but because I'm having so much fun with my 360.

So I just downloaded Toy Soldiers....it's a pretty cool strategy game that's quite fun to play. Based on WW1 you set buy various implements of war and try to protect your toy box. The setting is a diorama where you would actually set up toy soldiers and have pretend battles....but in this setting, all the battles are real and your defenses must be strong enough to withstand wave after wave of enemy.

The other games that have me pretty much hooked right now are MLB 2k10, Forza 3, Fight Night Round 4, Lego Indiana Jones 2 and Sacred 2 Fallen Angel.

So what are you playing, what are you excited about and what games were you disappointed in?

I'm only 3 years removed from college, so I still like to play NCAA football. Every few months I bust out NBA 2k10 now, and I'm still a big fan of the Halo games.

Jethrol
03-20-2010, 11:44 PM
I'm only 3 years removed from college, so I still like to play NCAA football. Every few months I bust out NBA 2k10 now, and I'm still a big fan of the Halo games.
haha...I'll be 43 this year and I still haven't lost my love of video games.

In my mid to late 20s, I didn't play many games because I thought I should move on to more "grown up" things. lol....yeah like golf.

Funny thing is, as I got back into gaming I found a whole lot of people that are my age that still love to game.

ddavidson8
03-21-2010, 11:45 AM
I played a lot of 360 for the last three or so years. Lately though I'm getting kind of sick of it. The last game I got excited about was Halo ODST. I still haven't finished it yet though, if that tells you anything. How weird is it thought that now I'm getting excited by playing Duke Nukem 3-D???

Jethrol
03-21-2010, 11:57 AM
I played a lot of 360 for the last three or so years. Lately though I'm getting kind of sick of it. The last game I got excited about was Halo ODST. I still haven't finished it yet though, if that tells you anything. How weird is it thought that now I'm getting excited by playing Duke Nukem 3-D???
What about MW2 or L4D2? Those are some good FPS games.

LIL_WAYNE_2012_PREZIDENT
03-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Playstation 3
call of duty mw2
nba 2k10
madden 10
gta 4

ShiroiHikari
03-21-2010, 01:09 PM
My Nintendo DS Lite is possibly the best $130 I ever spent on entertainment. It has games I want for reasonable prices and I can take it anywhere I go.

Also, my husband's PS3 makes a good Blu-ray player! LOL

LIL_WAYNE_2012_PREZIDENT
03-21-2010, 01:11 PM
my nintendo ds lite is possibly the best $130 i ever spent on entertainment. It has games i want for reasonable prices and i can take it anywhere i go.

Also, my husband's ps3 makes a good blu-ray player! Lol

psp > nintendo ds

Matt
03-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Video games are for children and I would never have anything to do with them.

ddavidson8
03-21-2010, 08:07 PM
I like MW2 and Left for Dead, but there's something I like about the old school (Doom/Castlevania/Duke Nukem) games that I missed the first time around. Maybe it's the finding secret areas aspects.

Lord Helmet
03-21-2010, 10:04 PM
I play a ton. Everything from the classics to the 360. I'm currently playing through Mass Effect 2 and trying to finish Fallout 3.

Lord Helmet
03-21-2010, 10:04 PM

Wow. That's really sad that you think that.

DaveSkater
03-22-2010, 01:31 PM
God of War 3 - PS3 Totally wickedly baddazz! Kratos pwns everyone!

Heck, I'm 45 and I'll pull my computer chair over in front of the 60" big screen, crank up the 5.1 stereo and my kids come out and complain! Heh....

Go to your rooms!

silvergrove
03-22-2010, 03:36 PM

There might be something ironic about that statement since his avatar are the ghosts from Pacman...

ddavidson8
03-22-2010, 05:29 PM
There might be something ironic about that statement since his avatar are the ghosts from Pacman...

Yeah, I was about to retort when I noticed that myself.

Jethrol
03-22-2010, 10:46 PM
I play a ton. Everything from the classics to the 360. I'm currently playing through Mass Effect 2 and trying to finish Fallout 3.
Ugh...I tried to get into ME2 and I just can't right now. It's too different or it feels really different than the original and not in a good way....but then again, I haven't spent a lot of time playing just a few hours.

F3 is cool but damn, it's so huge I can't imagine finishing it.

Ever tried Sacred 2: Fallen Angel? It's a pretty cool RPG but it's kind of different than those other 2 games.

Jethrol
03-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Anyone try Toy Soldiers on the 360 marketplace? This is quite a fun game...I'm having a blast with it.

Matt
03-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Yeah, apparently I can't get anything past you guys, save Lord Helmet. Anyway, yeah, I'm a bit of a gaming nerd. Primarily play 360 nowadays (Gamertag: Matty1138 (http://www.trueachievements.com/Matty1138.htm)), would like to get a PS3 maybe sometime this year, though--but I've been saying that every year since the PS3 came out.

Play a lot of FPS, like MW2. Big music fan as well, so I play a ton of Rock Band and Guitar Hero. Just finished Lego Batman, also working my way through Fallout 3, need to go back and finish up Assassin's Creed II and Dead Space, amongst others.

I've been meaning to download the trial of Toy Soldiers but haven't gotten around to it yet. Have heard nothing but positive things about it. Also need to download the new Perfect Dark remake. And as some of you might have guessed from the avatar, I've got a bit of a soft spot for retro games, so I'm looking forward to seeing what the Game Room thing is all about tomorrow.

Jethrol
03-23-2010, 05:39 PM
I love the Lego games. How does Lego Batman compare to Lego Indiana Jones 2? LIJ2 is really fun and funny....and you can make your own levels and play them on the 360. That's a cool feature.

Matt
03-23-2010, 11:18 PM
How does Lego Batman compare to Lego Indiana Jones 2?

That's funny--that's the one Lego game I haven't played yet, so I can't really say. But I think if you've played the other Lego games and if you like the Batman license even just a little bit, you should probably like Lego Batman just fine. Although Lego Indy 2 was the first (and so far only) Lego game to have a level creator, so if you really liked that in Indy you might be disappointed that it's not in Batman.

There's a demo of Lego Batman on Xbox Live - click here (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ddf0001-0000-4000-8000-0000575287db?cid=SLink) to add it to your download queue and check it out for yourself.

Lord Helmet
03-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Ha! I didn't see Matt's avatar...I was posting on my iPhone. Silly me :)

decepticobra
03-25-2010, 06:33 AM

if you find yourself not getting excited by todays games, try take a few steps back into yesteryear by playing a game you havent played in a while, or discovering an old game you never got around to playing at all.

theres tons of treasures from atari 2600, nes, snes, and sega genesis alone.

JohnDenver
03-26-2010, 12:07 PM
I play the PS3 almost daily and the PSP when travelling.

Waiting patiently for Red Dead Redemption. Patiently.

PS3:
Still play:
NBA 2K9/10
MW2
MAG (... not really that good, but my friends play it)
Pixel Junk Monsters (Encore)

Beaten:
Call of Jaurez
Army of Two
MW
Fallout 3
GTA(s)
All Pro Football
Dead Space
F.E.A.R.
.. way too many to list, so it seems.

PSP:
Madden 10
Tetris

JohnDenver
03-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Just picked up Just Cause 2... seems pretty decent so far. Metacritic: Index of PS3 Game Reviews by Score (http://www.metacritic.com/games/ps3/scores/) has it rated pretty good.

ddavidson8
03-26-2010, 05:01 PM
I just started Bioshock 2 on the 360 today. I can tell I'll be hooked, if I'm not already.

Jethrol
04-24-2010, 09:11 PM
FYI, if you reserve your copy of Starcraft 2 with GameStop, you get a free Beta Key Code. The beta test is only for the multiplayer but still one hell of a deal for only $5.

Release date is 6/1 but there's no street date set yet. Regular copy = $60 with collector's edition = $100. $5 to reserve regular copy, $10 for CE and either provides the beta key....not sure if this is GameStop only but that's where I got mine.

The game looks amazing....graphics are very well done and the whole thing is amazing. This is going to be a HUGE game.

mireaux
04-25-2010, 07:52 AM

obviously a facetious statement considering your avatar repping Namco's Inky, Blinky, Pinky & Clyde.

ddavidson8
04-25-2010, 08:32 AM
I got off of Bioshock 2 for a couple of weeks, but I came back last week and I'm sad to say I'll be finishing it this morning. :(

Dustin
04-25-2010, 02:19 PM
FYI, if you reserve your copy of Starcraft 2 with GameStop, you get a free Beta Key Code. The beta test is only for the multiplayer but still one hell of a deal for only $5.

Release date is 6/1 but there's no street date set yet. Regular copy = $60 with collector's edition = $100. $5 to reserve regular copy, $10 for CE and either provides the beta key....not sure if this is GameStop only but that's where I got mine.

The game looks amazing....graphics are very well done and the whole thing is amazing. This is going to be a HUGE game.

I cannot wait for starcraft to come out!!

BigBadBen
04-25-2010, 05:31 PM
I have been a gamer since I was a kid. 37 now.
I mostly play sports games.

ddavidson8
04-26-2010, 08:07 AM
I finished Bioshock 2 yesterday. I took a break and started it again. I've never done that with a non-sports game. I'm going to get some of the achievements I missed, but really I enjoyed it so much I wanted to do it again. The multiplayer's not bad either. Except it seems to crash a lot.

Richard at Remax
04-26-2010, 10:08 AM
I have all the systems (ps3, 360, and PC) but the PC is at the top of my list. Aside from the downside of have to replace or upgrade PC every 2-3 years, the quality of the games are so far ahead of the console games because the posibilities are infinate. Unfortunately some of the better games to come along the past few years havent even made it to consoles (crysis, stalker games). And when PC games just to console they seem watered down and a shell of their former selves (half life, f.e.a.r, doom)

I mainly use my 360 for online games such as tiger woods and COD and only use ps3 for single player games like uncharted and god of war.

some of my favorite games of all time are

xbox/xbox 360:
mass effect
elder scrolls 4: oblivion
halo series
splinter cell series
call of duty series
tiger woods golf

ps2/3:
god of war series
uncharted series

PC:
all dooms
borderlands
bioshocks
s.t.a.l.k.e.r.s
fallout 3
half life series
f.e.a.r
crysis

NES:
castlevania 2:simons quest

mireaux
04-26-2010, 02:42 PM
some of my favorite games of all time are

NES:
castlevania 2:simons quest

seriously? you like simons quest?? maybe you should watch this vid.

YouTube - CASTLEVANIA 2: SIMON's QUEST by the Angry Nintendo Nerd - Cinemassacre.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4we8iFk-fY)

Richard at Remax
04-26-2010, 03:11 PM
haha yeah that's awesome. I actually like symphony of the night better but I played simons quest so much as a kid that it left a lasting impression on me

Jethrol
04-26-2010, 05:58 PM
I cannot wait for starcraft to come out!!
Seriously...go reserve your copy for $5 and play the beta. I think you can cancel your preorder and get your money back if you want but you should verify that with GS.

Once you see it, you will be even more excited. I'm seriously blown away....but that's because of those friggin Protoss Carriers. lol

Seriously tho, it's shaping up to be a HUGE game.

Jethrol
04-26-2010, 06:03 PM
I have all the systems (ps3, 360, and PC) but the PC is at the top of my list.
You left your Wii out. lol...yeah sorry, couldn't resist.

I have all of them also and I used to prefer PC games but I've been converted to a diehard console gamer. It's so fun just not worry about whether or not a game will run....just get in and go at it.

But you know, it's not an either or thing with me. I'm sure you know those pps that are diehard PC only gamers and scoff at everything else. Not me man....if it's a video game, it's all good no matter the platform.

And with the right TV the xbox is simply breathtaking. The $ per year is well worth it IMO and some of the games on the xbox marketplace are outstanding.....like Toy Soldiers...d/l the demo and try it out. It's pretty cool.

Richard at Remax
04-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Yeah I never got into wii, mainly cause I am no good at it.

And you are right about the right tv. I have both ps3 and xbox running hdmi cables to sony bravia xbr4 and it looks incredible

mireaux
04-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Yeah I never got into wii, mainly cause I am no good at it.

And you are right about the right tv. I have both ps3 and xbox running hdmi cables to sony bravia xbr4 and it looks incredible

youre not the only one. i felt rather intimated that im not all that good at manipulating the wii controller. but that being said, theres really not much that interests me as far as ps3 or xbox 360 goes either, a few games here (mgs4, street fighter 4, etc) and there but not enough to warrant me buying a whole new console. im waiting for the 8th gen consoles to already rollout.

ps2 was/is the shiznit, which is why its still going (almost 10 yrs now), and is to date the highest selling console ever created.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles

4th, 5th, and 6th gen consoles were the best ever, especially 4th gen. can never get enough of 16-bit era. super nintendo and genesis was the epitome of video game fun.

heres a link to play some of those games for free

Every Video Game » Arcade (http://www.everyvideogame.com)

Jethrol
04-26-2010, 10:36 PM
ps2 was/is the shiznit, which is why its still going (almost 10 yrs now), and is to date the highest selling console ever created.

No doubt about it....the ps2 was/is one of the best consoles ever. There are some spectacular games still available for it and IMO Sony made a tragic mistake taking out the fully compatible chip from the ps3 where it was 100% compatible with ps2 games. Their sales would be much higher if it was still there.

I held off on buying an xbox 360 for a long, long time saying the exact same as the quoted. I mean sure the graphics looked good but so what...I wanted better gameplay.

I specifically bought the 360 so I could play Mass Effect 1 when it came out and holy cow, I got hooked immediately. One of my favorite features is the game marketplace. It's fun to d/l demos of games then play those and if I don't like it, nothing lost....I just delete it and move on. There are some really great games there.

They have events online ever day where you can play your favorite games with developers and/or celebrities. You can d/l additional content, etc. You can also stream netflix movies directly to is (ps3 you have to install a disk to stream the movies and it's a pain).

Yeah the xbox has had major problems but MS has stood behind that console and will continue to do so. There are still many xboxs that have not red ringed.

Anyways if you can afford one and have an HDTV, I highly recommend the xbox over the ps3.

Euphoria
04-27-2010, 09:06 AM
I was lucky enough to get into the SC2 beta fairly early and...wow. It's a blast. If you enjoyed the first one at all you'll love SC2.

There are some balance issues (terrans can't counter carriers at all late game) but overall I've been very impressed. Just be prepared for early game rushes if you're playing online.

Another game I've been playing a lot of lately is League of Legends. It's based on the DOTA scenario for WC3 and is free to play. Servers aren't down that often and there are quite a few champions to choose from (48-49 total IIRC) with 10 free each week. You gain IP you can use to buy champions you like as well. Highly recommend it. It's good enough that between it and the SC2 beta I've been playing more League and less beta.

Matt
04-27-2010, 05:53 PM
obviously a facetious statement considering your avatar repping Namco's Inky, Blinky, Pinky & Clyde.

Good work, Detective.

Dustin
05-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Seriously...go reserve your copy for $5 and play the beta. I think you can cancel your preorder and get your money back if you want but you should verify that with GS.

Once you see it, you will be even more excited. I'm seriously blown away....but that's because of those friggin Protoss Carriers. lol

Seriously tho, it's shaping up to be a HUGE game.

I know right!?! The graphics are like apples and oranges to StarCraft Original!! I was pissed at first that it was taking so long to develop the game but I know Blizzard takes pride in the quality of their video games and they are making an A+ video game!! AHH! I cant wait!

venture
05-03-2010, 09:29 PM
SC2 release date official today. Cata Alpha starts today too. Big year for Blizzard. :)

decepticobra
05-04-2010, 03:29 AM
I know right!?! The graphics are like apples and oranges to StarCraft Original!! I was pissed at first that it was taking so long to develop the game but I know Blizzard takes pride in the quality of their video games and they are making an A+ video game!! AHH! I cant wait!''

its not that they take too long to make a game to be proud of, but they take a long time to develop hellaciously addictive games=monetary profit.

seriously, can you think of any game that even comes close to being as addictive as world of warcraft?

NikonNurse
05-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Wow. That's really sad that you think that.

I think he was kidding based on his Avatar....never mind...I read on.....

I was raised with boys, had brothers and friends as roommates in college. I got hooked on FPS then. Now have my own boy and army/law enforcement hubby and have been hooked all over again. I am considered by some as middle age and still have fun. Sons' friends often have his mom help with games!!

We have all the game systems, but Tomboy mom pretty much monopolizes the 360 with the shooters.. We rent from gamefly for the most part. Put all first person shooters in the queue, play them , beat them and send them back. We only buy the ones we cant seem to part with....like the Left for Deads, Halo Series, Call of Duty, Tom Clancy. I'm one of a few females on Live with CODMW2 (prestiged too). Enjoyed the GTA series, Bioshocks, Star Wars and Legos, Arkham Asylum, Need for Speed, Dead Space and Rock Bands.

The spouse and kid have the WII and PS3 for NCAA, NBA, Madden, Lego Games...and we use both the "big systems" for Netflix and movies(blue ray on the PS3)

Dustin
05-06-2010, 12:23 AM
''

its not that they take too long to make a game to be proud of, but they take a long time to develop hellaciously addictive games=monetary profit.

seriously, can you think of any game that even comes close to being as addictive as world of warcraft?

World of Warcraft ruins lives... Lol. I have never played that game and never will.. BUT Diablo and Starcraft are 2 of my favorite Blizzard games!

venture
05-06-2010, 12:44 AM
WOW doesn't ruin lives...it just kinda takes it over. LOL Oh well. I am addict...raid weekly...spending a few hours a day on it chatting with friends. However, I can shut it off for a couple days and not really go into withdraws. :-P

Jethrol
05-08-2010, 09:07 PM
I had a raging wow addiction for the first few years it was out and thankfully that's gone. You know, I found that I really like the variety of other games. When I played WOW, that's really all I ever played and it was tons of fun for a long time.....but getting back into single player games and/or online FPSs has been much more fun for me over the years.

Dustin
05-08-2010, 09:24 PM
I had a raging wow addiction for the first few years it was out and thankfully that's gone. You know, I found that I really like the variety of other games. When I played WOW, that's really all I ever played and it was tons of fun for a long time.....but getting back into single player games and/or online FPSs has been much more fun for me over the years.

Good for you! I have friends that are still addicted and its really sad.. They had so much ahead of them in life, but now their chances are ruined! LOL

Euphoria
05-10-2010, 10:04 AM
I've played WoW since launch. Cancelled my account in January, just wasn't worth the time. We had some guild drama about that time and 3/4 of my 10-man raid group left as well, but that definately wasn't the cause...Nope, not at all.

okie75
05-10-2010, 10:35 AM
I like 360, PS3 and PC. 360 is worth the $50.00 a year subscription IMO, PS3 is free online, but the servers are usually terrible when a new game comes out, 360 is usually good out of the box. PC is fun I had a WoW obsession for a couple of years, too much content and gear to keep up with, almpost had to play every day to keep up and get in raids. That being said, game consoled nowadays can do so much, I can even get my wife on PS3 to play wheel of fortune.

decepticobra
05-10-2010, 08:29 PM
I can even get my wife on PS3 to play wheel of fortune.

you have a wife on ps3? most husband have wives in their homes instead. i guess if she starts nagging at you, you can easily unplug your ps3 and stops her bitching instantly.

Jethrol
05-15-2010, 09:57 PM
I like 360, PS3 and PC. 360 is worth the $50.00 a year subscription IMO, PS3 is free online, but the servers are usually terrible when a new game comes out, 360 is usually good out of the box. PC is fun I had a WoW obsession for a couple of years, too much content and gear to keep up with, almpost had to play every day to keep up and get in raids. That being said, game consoled nowadays can do so much, I can even get my wife on PS3 to play wheel of fortune.
Yeah there's also an amazing amount of gear snobbery in WOW. I was surprised when I returned to the game recently only to see, "LFM, must be geared properly, we will check...." Then when I'd join PUGs and travel to the instances, I was kicked and noone would reply to me. lol guess my gear wasn't up to snuff. Oh well...back to consoles/pcs for me.

decepticobra
05-16-2010, 07:19 AM
Oh well...back to consoles/pcs for me.

theres nothing wrong with playing consoles, especially at 3am in the morning with the lights out while youre munching down on pretzels and knocking back a few brewskies.

should you have any doubts, try revisiting a classic 16-bit gem, like mutant league football on sega genesis. it will give any game today a run for what its worth.

Midtowner
05-16-2010, 08:13 AM
Been playing Empire: Total War and Sins of a Solar Empire lately.

Empire: Total War is kind of 2 games in one -- a turn based economy developing game with a sort of RTS built into it. Sins is just an RTS.

Jethrol
05-16-2010, 10:23 PM
I love the Total War series....I get mad addicted to Medieval 2 from time to time.

What's Sins like?

Midtowner
05-17-2010, 03:04 PM
MTW2 just stopped working on my machine. Dunno why.

Sins is decently okay. Make sure to have a newish processor as it tends to get very slow towards the end of a game.

Peach fuzz
05-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Ugh I've seen too many friends waste years of their lives to WoW.. sticking to my old warcraft3 playing DotA... I could play counterstrike for days upon days

Ezrablum
05-18-2010, 04:56 AM
I like video games a lot, but I do not like having to pay so much money for something that has the potential to suck so much of my time away. (I reserve time sucking for watching movies and television shows on Netflix, Hulu, and through torrents ;) lol)

So since I am cheap, but still like to play the occasional game, I have found a couple of resources online.

Kongregate: Play free games online (http://www.kongregate.com/)
This site has a lot of fun, free, and easy to get into games. My personal favorites would be
"Infectonator: World Dominator"
Play Infectonator : World Dominator, a free online game on Kongregate (http://www.kongregate.com/games/TogeProductions/infectonator-world-dominator)
You go from less developed countries and cities to progressively more developed countries trying to infect their inhabitants with the zombie plague.

and, "Boxhead: 2Play Rooms"
Play Boxhead: 2Play Rooms, a free online game on Kongregate (http://www.kongregate.com/games/SeanCooper/boxhead-2play-rooms)

You kill zombies in that one.

Kongregate is free for membership, and through signing up you can actually save your progress games. How cool is that?

The other site I like is the Retro Game Room at Vizzed Board - Play Retro Classic Games roms Online For Free (http://www.vizzed.com/vizzedboard/retro/)

Here you can play games from all sorts of older consoles and computers ranging from AppleII & Atari to Nintendo 64 and Gameboy Advanced.

I spent a few days playing Earthbound from the SNES platform. It was awesome. It has save features as well, out of game ... for some of those games like Zelda where you didn't really have an in-game save.

Finally, if you want to relive your Zork days, or for those of you who don't know and want to get into a fun old-school text based adventure, check out Z-Engine (http://zorkonline.net/zengine-0.4.3/)

Where you can play Zork 1, 2, & 3.

I don't know about a save feature here. I rushed through the first one in a couple of hours one morning.

Hope someone appreciates these free online gaming options. I know I have had hours of fun with all of them.

OKCMallen
05-18-2010, 02:24 PM
I like video games a lot, but I do not like having to pay so much money for something that has the potential to suck so much of my time away. (I reserve time sucking for watching movies and television shows on Netflix, Hulu, and through torrents ;) lol)

So since I am cheap, but still like to play the occasional game, I have found a couple of resources online.

Kongregate: Play free games online (http://www.kongregate.com/)
This site has a lot of fun, free, and easy to get into games. My personal favorites would be
"Infectonator: World Dominator"
Play Infectonator : World Dominator, a free online game on Kongregate (http://www.kongregate.com/games/TogeProductions/infectonator-world-dominator)
You go from less developed countries and cities to progressively more developed countries trying to infect their inhabitants with the zombie plague.

and, "Boxhead: 2Play Rooms"
Play Boxhead: 2Play Rooms, a free online game on Kongregate (http://www.kongregate.com/games/SeanCooper/boxhead-2play-rooms)

You kill zombies in that one.

Kongregate is free for membership, and through signing up you can actually save your progress games. How cool is that?

The other site I like is the Retro Game Room at Vizzed Board - Play Retro Classic Games roms Online For Free (http://www.vizzed.com/vizzedboard/retro/)

Here you can play games from all sorts of older consoles and computers ranging from AppleII & Atari to Nintendo 64 and Gameboy Advanced.

I spent a few days playing Earthbound from the SNES platform. It was awesome. It has save features as well, out of game ... for some of those games like Zelda where you didn't really have an in-game save.

Finally, if you want to relive your Zork days, or for those of you who don't know and want to get into a fun old-school text based adventure, check out Z-Engine (http://zorkonline.net/zengine-0.4.3/)

Where you can play Zork 1, 2, & 3.

I don't know about a save feature here. I rushed through the first one in a couple of hours one morning.

Hope someone appreciates these free online gaming options. I know I have had hours of fun with all of them.

:bow: