View Full Version : MAPS, Core to Shore, and Project 180

possumfritter
03-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Are all these "different" projects to makeover downtown OKC?

metro
03-13-2010, 09:52 AM
yes

possumfritter
03-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks

Steve
03-13-2010, 10:16 AM
No.
Core to Shore is an area south of downtown. Plans under consideration would create a large central park in Core to Shore, move the convention center from downtown into Core to Shore, and create a new mixed-use urban entertainment district that would be home to retail, housing, restaurants, clubs and offices.

Spartan
03-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Are all these "different" projects to makeover downtown OKC?

No. It's all an evil conspiracy to give money to the devil and put libs in charge of the city government.

andy157
03-13-2010, 08:45 PM
No.
Core to Shore is an area south of downtown. Plans under consideration would create a large central park in Core to Shore, move the convention center from downtown into Core to Shore, and create a new mixed-use urban entertainment district that would be home to retail, housing, restaurants, clubs and offices.Sure, if you want to get all technically correct.

Steve
03-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Sure, if you want to get all technically correct.

Forgive me. I'm horribly obsessive about getting things "technically correct."

Spartan
03-13-2010, 09:50 PM
Surely it's not a stretch to consider it an insult to downtown to lump Core to Shore with the dozens of dedicated people deeply invested in the downtown community.

andy157
03-14-2010, 12:18 PM
Surely it's not a stretch to consider it an insult to downtown to lump Core to Shore with the dozens of dedicated people deeply invested in the downtown community.Do what?

Popsy
03-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Surely it's not a stretch to consider it an insult to downtown to lump Core to Shore with the dozens of dedicated people deeply invested in the downtown community.

I would be very shocked if the dozens of dedicated people deeply invested in the downtown community made the investment with money. More likely it is an emotional investment that causes these legends in their own minds to whine all over message boards if something downtown does not fit in with their way of thinking about OKC progress. Tiresome.

Spartan
03-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Well why don't you drive down Memorial Road next time and make the determination of how many of THOSE restaurants were started by local entrepreneurs. I would say 80% of downtown's businesses are local, 20% maybe franchises--the opposite is the case up on Memorial Road, with 20% of it being local, or LESS.

Kerry
03-15-2010, 06:06 AM
No.
Core to Shore is an area south of downtown. Plans under consideration would create a large central park in Core to Shore, move the convention center from downtown into Core to Shore, and create a new mixed-use urban entertainment district that would be home to retail, housing, restaurants, clubs and offices.

Are we now going to have NoFo and SoFo districts in CoSho?

NoFo: North of Forty
SoFo: South of Forty
CoSho: Core to Shore