View Full Version : texas road house to be built in moore

Pages : [1] 2

Jesseda
03-13-2010, 07:08 AM
home depot employee told me that a texas road house is going in between chilis and the new jack in the box

chemalurgy
03-13-2010, 11:33 AM
That's great. Texas Road House has very good food.

SkyWestOKC
03-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Exciting! Too bad this will increase the traffic problems even more. Can anyone confirm this?

Bunty
03-13-2010, 01:28 PM
What a blessing, if true. The Texas Roadhouse is a mega huge hit in Stillwater. It rules. So no wonder you think this will make traffic worse.

kbsooner
03-13-2010, 01:55 PM
eh, I was still wishing for the TGI Fridays...

MonkeesFan
03-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Cool, I have not ate there in years though so I forgot what it tastes like and one more thing, why call it Texas Road House? It should be Oklahoma Road House!

Bunty
03-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Yeah, probably out of state visitors wonder the same think.

It would have been cool if it was, instead, Oklahoma Steakhouses going up all over Texas.

SOONER8693
03-13-2010, 10:09 PM
I will not eat at one ever, as long as they fly the state flag of texass over them.

oneforone
03-13-2010, 11:25 PM
I will not eat at one ever, as long as they fly the state flag of texass over them.

Do you also hate Texas Toast?

You should know the people of Texas will not lose any sleep over it.

You should also know the first store opened in Indiana not Texas.

You should also know the company is based out of Kentucky.

Long story short they are Texas in name only just like Texas Toast.

John1744
03-14-2010, 12:21 AM
I actually find them to be one of the best chain type of restaurants and have almost always had a fantastic meal and great service from there, unlike most chains.

Matt
03-14-2010, 01:20 AM

Right on, buddy. I refuse to play Texas Hold 'Em for similar reasons. Which is too bad for me, because I think I'd probably kick ass at it. Oh well. I'm not gonna give those bastards the satisfaction.

kevinpate
03-14-2010, 06:38 AM
Causes me to ponder ... will the new location in Moore supplement, or replace, the TRH on the south fringe of the Crossroads Mall property.

SOONER8693
03-14-2010, 11:30 AM
Do you also hate Texas Toast?

You should know the people of Texas will not lose any sleep over it.

You should also know the first store opened in Indiana not Texas.

You should also know the company is based out of Kentucky.

Long story short they are Texas in name only just like Texas Toast.
BFD, move on to your next cause.

oneforone
03-14-2010, 01:20 PM
BFD, move on to your next cause.

Wow, who #### in your cornflakes this morning?

SkyWestOKC
03-14-2010, 01:32 PM

Your welcome.

Go Texas Longhorns!

SOONER8693
03-14-2010, 01:58 PM
You, apparently.

kevinpate
03-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Is there any signage up, or any source other than the statement of an HD employee?

Not knocking the HD person ... just curious.

nancyfryhover
03-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Oh, goody, some more new low paying jobs for Moore....and good food! Sorry, probably not the best first post to make. But....OMG...how many food places can Moore support?????

rcjunkie
03-15-2010, 05:54 AM
Oh, goody, some more new low paying jobs for Moore....and good food! Sorry, probably not the best first post to make. But....OMG...how many food places can Moore support?????

Apparently just as many as OKC, Edmond, Norman, Tulsa, Lawton, Enid, Chickasha, El Reno, Newcastle, Blanchard, Tuttle, Amber, Noble, Slaughterville, Gotebo, Eufaula, McAlister, Carney, etc;, etc;, (supply and demand)

frittsfarm
03-15-2010, 09:47 AM
This is not true.

Thanks. Jason Fritts

amarieb
03-15-2010, 02:05 PM
I work for the TRH by Crossroads, and have heard nothing of another Texas Roadhouse being built nearby. It's very possible the HD employee heard of a Logan's Roadhouse being built. I don't know for sure...but people get the two mixed up all the time.

Jesseda
03-15-2010, 04:38 PM
well frittsfarm guy said no( wierd that he just created an account today dont know how legit the user is, if so i guess the home depot lady lied.. but why make something up.. maybe she heard it from someone else because this lady doesnt seem to lie, but oh well, i will still wait an see maybe its going in across from jack in the box on 19th and she misunderstood the location or maybe it is a logans road house???? do not know what logans roadhouse it though

kevinpate
03-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Logan's is another steak haus company.

I've no clue who frittsfarm is. As for our other new poster, I'm confident I've got a clear bead on TRH employee amarieb, given my general disbelief in coincidences.

Welcome aboard lass. Glad you chimed in.

Easy180
03-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Would be glad to have it but it doesn't make much sense with the crossroads location packing it in every night

mikesimpsons82
03-16-2010, 06:33 AM
Would be glad to have it but it doesn't make much sense with the crossroads location packing it in every nightConsidering the Norman crowd and most of Moore, it sure does.

frittsfarm
03-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Hi Jesseda,

Our family owns the property that you posted about. As far as I know, no one from or anyone rep'ing for Texas Roadhouse has contacted me.

I have & do get inquiries but no one has said anything about a TRH but sometimes they (the potential tenants) have to have anonymity and they don't share 'who' the tenant is.

I know there are several dine-in/fast casual restaurants looking around our area & I know of at least one sit-down restaurant (the latter, I don't know who or what type of restaurant that is).

But, I wanted to be very clear that at this time, a TRH is not in play for the lot you were originally talking about.

Hope that helps. If there's doubt on who I am, please visit Fritts Farm in Moore Oklahoma (http://www.fritts.net) and you can find our contact information there.

Thanks. Jason Fritts

well frittsfarm guy said no( wierd that he just created an account today dont know how legit the user is, if so i guess the home depot lady lied.. but why make something up.. maybe she heard it from someone else because this lady doesnt seem to lie, but oh well, i will still wait an see maybe its going in across from jack in the box on 19th and she misunderstood the location or maybe it is a logans road house???? do not know what logans roadhouse it though

kawititnow
03-16-2010, 09:51 AM
Still waiting for an Italian restaurant to come to Moore...

russellc
03-16-2010, 12:32 PM
Jason Fritts, on Direct Developments website, they show the lot inbetween Jack in the Box and Chili's is "owned by others", can you tell us who the "others" are? It also shows Target on the east side of Fritts Blvd., is that still moving forward?

frittsfarm
03-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Others = US

West (not east) side of Fritts Blvd - it's being worked on. I can give an update by end of month, hopefully.

Jason Fritts, on Direct Developments website, they show the lot inbetween Jack in the Box and Chili's is "owned by others", can you tell us who the "others" are? It also shows Target on the east side of Fritts Blvd., is that still moving forward?

Jesseda
03-16-2010, 05:26 PM
thanks jason, i live across the street just a little west...i have been excited about all the new things going in...to bad the road house is a no i guess.. next time im at home depot i will ask the lady (she usually is customer service area) where she got road house from...

kbsooner
03-17-2010, 04:57 AM
jason,

thanks for joining in, good to see someone in the know on the board. Now for my plea, NO MO(O)RE FAST FOOD! I know the almighty $$$ rules, but seriously, do what you can ;)

russellc
03-17-2010, 07:10 AM
thanks jason

plmccordj
03-17-2010, 07:58 PM
I have never heard such idiocy in hating a state because of a ball game. These are the type of Sooner fans that make me embarrassed to admit that I graduated from OU. These are the guys that you see making the upside down long horn symbol while playing the Kansas Jayhawks.

It is a game people. Holy cow! A game! I was born and raised in Oklahoma but I love to visit Texas as well. I am going to have to make a screen shot of Sooner8683's post because people would never believe me if I told them. I had to read it out loud for my wife to hear and her response was the same shaking of her head as my own.

Just think about it. I hate Texas! Those sorry Long Horns. I could see it if it were a joke but these people take this stuff seriously making it difficult to take them serious. Wow! Can you people believe that? It is a game!

rcjunkie
03-18-2010, 05:07 AM
I have never heard such idiocy in hating a state because of a ball game. These are the type of Sooner fans that make me embarrassed to admit that I graduated from OU. These are the guys that you see making the upside down long horn symbol while playing the Kansas Jayhawks.

It is a game people. Holy cow! A game! I was born and raised in Oklahoma but I love to visit Texas as well. I am going to have to make a screen shot of Sooner8683's post because people would never believe me if I told them. I had to read it out loud for my wife to hear and her response was the same shaking of her head as my own.

Just think about it. I hate Texas! Those sorry Long Horns. I could see it if it were a joke but these people take this stuff seriously making it difficult to take them serious. Wow! Can you people believe that? It is a game!

Not taking up for OU fans, nor condoning said behavior, but having lived in Austin for 4 years before moving back to OK, there was just as much hatred pointed/voiced toward the Okie State.

mikesimpsons82
03-18-2010, 05:51 AM

It is a game people. Holy cow! A game! I was born and raised in Oklahoma but I love to visit Texas as well.
Exactly. But the thing to consider is that the vast majority of OU fans that embarass you are the ones that never even stepped foot on campus for a class. Yes, I know it may be shocking to them, but it's a university and not a professional sports team. This is one thing I'll never understand about the very large group of OU fans (yes, there are even some OSU fans that fall into this category). It cracks me up when they say "we" when it comes to OU or OSU. There is no "we" if you never attended a class there.

flintysooner
03-18-2010, 09:13 AM
jason,

thanks for joining in, good to see someone in the know on the board. Now for my plea, NO MO(O)RE FAST FOOD! I know the almighty $$$ rules, but seriously, do what you can ;)I'm curious about your plea.

Looking at what is there or Fritts Farm (http://www.fritts.net/) I see Chick-Fil-A, Starbucks, Chili's, and now Jack In The Box. Are you opposed to Chick-Fil-A or Jack In The Box or perhaps Starbucks?

SOONER8693
03-18-2010, 09:48 AM

It's Sooner fans like you that make me embarrased to say I graduated from OU. When you've lived my life and walked in my shoes, then you and your wife can comment on what I like and don't like. Until then, bug out.
p.s. I am an OU grad, and my friends that graduated from OU hate texass as much as I do. Looks like you are the ODD MAN out here.

SkyWestOKC
03-18-2010, 01:17 PM
School pride has split what could be a good relationship between Texas and Oklahoma. Who cares, it's school pride... I hate schools in general.

Do you also hate the Oklahoma State? A big rival for your beloved Sooners is also IN STATE. I guess anywhere outside of Norman just absolutely sucks and can go to hell right?

Sports pride like I see from the college fanbase is embarrassing, no matter what team it is. People live their entire life hating another state/region just because of ONE COLLEGE SPORTS TEAM? Grow up.

russellc
03-18-2010, 03:07 PM
:congrats:

cdbthunder
03-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Thanks Jason for the solid info. sometimes I get really tired of people who get on here and post shaky facts or rumors. I must say though that this an exciting time to live in Moore and thanks to your family, you are making it a better place to live.

Jesseda
03-18-2010, 08:49 PM
what to the ever cdblah thunder.. thats what this site was created for..i heard what was going in.. nothing is pure fact even when a sign goes up...kinda like the outlet mall.. and also how firemountain was suppose to go in.. this is a board to discuss things that are happening going on and asking or letting people know hat they have heard.. if you dont like whay i posted or the code word "shaky" then please block my post from your eyes plus i said at the begininning a home depot employee told me.. not the city economic developer or a lowes employee

kbsooner
03-18-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm curious about your plea.

Looking at what is there or Fritts Farm (http://www.fritts.net/) I see Chick-Fil-A, Starbucks, Chili's, and now Jack In The Box. Are you opposed to Chick-Fil-A or Jack In The Box or perhaps Starbucks?

I don't want to go into diatribe mode again as on some previous threads, but I think we've reached about the right density of fast food options in the 1 mile radius centered on Telephone and 19th. No MAS! Texas Road House is a step in the right direction, and I think the Fritts area is ripe to bring in more sit down type options. I frequent CFA a LOT, Starbucks on occasion, and surely I will stop in @ JIB once in a blue moon. I agree with a previous poster that an Italian place would be a nice addition to the area. Zio's probably would have done well in that area, too bad there already is a Mazzios. However I just read on Wiki that Zio's is not a part of the Mazzio's corp...

Soonerman
03-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Isn't Target supposed to go to fritts farm?

kbsooner
03-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Isn't Target supposed to go to fritts farm?

Jason probably can confirm, but they own the parcel of Fritts area West of Home Depot.

Jesseda
03-19-2010, 06:27 AM
there was a map showing a target that was located on fritts farm.. i do not remeber what link.. maybe someone already posted the link on another thread

cdbthunder
03-19-2010, 08:13 AM
what to the ever cdblah thunder.. thats what this site was created for..i heard what was going in.. nothing is pure fact even when a sign goes up...kinda like the outlet mall.. and also how firemountain was suppose to go in.. this is a board to discuss things that are happening going on and asking or letting people know hat they have heard.. if you dont like whay i posted or the code word "shaky" then please block my post from your eyes plus i said at the begininning a home depot employee told me.. not the city economic developer or a lowes employee

Calm down Jesseda, I was merely pointing out that the rumors on here get out of control sometimes. My intent was to not censor anyone for posting shaky facts, inuendos, or second hand info. I was just venting my frustration because I have had my hopes dashed on here before thinking we were getting a certain business or restaurant and then it not come to fruition.

frittsfarm
03-19-2010, 08:22 AM
@ Soonerman
@ kbsooner

Sorry on this. I'll be generic with a response & I know those aren't the best answers ... end of month, I can comment further.

Jason probably can confirm, but they own the parcel of Fritts area West of Home Depot.

drinner-okc
03-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Drive by Home Depot & look at the signs . That whole area was the 'Fritts Farm'!
They probably know who they've sold land to.

Just say'n

MsDarkstar
03-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Knowing and actually being able to tell what they know are two entirely different things. I'm sure there are many legalities involved in land deals of that magnitude, as well as confidentiality issues.

WHEN they're able to tell, hopefully Jason Fritts will be kind enough to post here about it. Until then, we've got to be patient!

frittsfarm
03-23-2010, 09:53 AM
drinner-okc:

"was the 'Fritts Farm'!" ---- IS Fritts Farm

Drive by Home Depot & look at the signs . That whole area was the 'Fritts Farm'!
They probably know who they've sold land to.

Just say'n

frittsfarm
03-23-2010, 09:54 AM
MsDarkstar - you are correct.

Thanks for understanding. Jason Fritts

Knowing and actually being able to tell what they know are two entirely different things. I'm sure there are many legalities involved in land deals of that magnitude, as well as confidentiality issues.

WHEN they're able to tell, hopefully Jason Fritts will be kind enough to post here about it. Until then, we've got to be patient!

MsDarkstar
03-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Personally, I'm really excited to see the area growing up. I know that traffic is a huge issue along 19th St & Telephone Rd. but at some point, it'll get sorted out. We can't expect miracles overnight when it comes to solving traffic issues; if we could, I-35 wouldn't have been under construction for the last however many years.

I'd love to see another sit-down restaurant go in. Fingers crossed on that. I think getting a Target would be awesome, too. I'm just sad that I'll be moving out of State next month, thus depriving me of Jack In the Box being close & convenient. I'm moving to a State where there IS no JIB! My family will still be in Moore though, so I'll be back often. Can't wait to see the progress that's made while I'm gone!

jon
03-23-2010, 12:08 PM
It looks like they're doing the prep work to add turn lanes to 19th on both sides of Telephone.

MsDarkstar
03-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Drove down 19th last night, saw the "Coming Soon - TARGET" signs up!

jon
03-24-2010, 08:19 AM
There are also traffic count sensors on 19th west of Santa Fe. Possible expansion that way too.

kevinpate
03-24-2010, 09:19 AM
Drove down 19th last night, saw the "Coming Soon - TARGET" signs up!

that'll help Moore folk, and dial down the Norman volume a tad.
win, win crowd wise ...
not so great sales tax revenue wise for Norman, a boost to Moore

SkyWestOKC
03-24-2010, 03:24 PM
I am seeing traffic count sensors on a lot of East/West roads. I see them on 149th (19th), 134th, 119th, and 89th. I think it is just an Oklahoma City traffic count for the southside in general, not necessarily because of Target or Fritts.

Chase
03-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Norman is going to be hurting from the Target in Moore.

Jesseda
03-24-2010, 08:20 PM
hmmmm, last time i was in target was 4 years ago.. i might go there more often now since there will be one just outside my neighborhood, its been awhile since the talk of target going in, now im glad to see they finally put out the coming soon sign

shaws007
03-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Does anyone know if it's going to be a Super Target or just a regular Target?