View Full Version : Dhs

stick47
03-13-2010, 05:20 AM
Anyone notice that in the case of the 3 sisters whose Mother got immolated by her ex BF that DHS initially said the Uncle who was taking care of the girls had one day to move them all into a 4 BR home or they were going to take custody of the girls?
Hats off to KFOR for putting this story out there and showing us what DHS was trying to do here. Now I saw on this mornings news that DHS and a local chuch are trying to find a home for the girls.

Thunder
03-13-2010, 05:50 AM
We all know how stupid DHS is.

smooth
03-13-2010, 07:41 AM
KFOR reported this morning (March 13, 2010) that the report was a mistake. DHS is NOT requiring a four bedroom home.

stick47
03-13-2010, 08:03 AM
Mistake? Maaayyybee.... I'm not sold on that even with the KFOR retraction.

possumfritter
03-13-2010, 09:19 AM
KFOR reported this morning (March 13, 2010) that the report was a mistake. DHS is NOT requiring a four bedroom home.

Thanks for letting the folks know that smooth. The Ranters over on KFOR comments have been going crazy lashing out at DHS.

kevinpate
03-13-2010, 09:35 AM
DHS is an easy target.
Sometimes unfairly so. Sometimes not.

Midtowner
03-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Truth be told, in my personal dealings with DHS (which is almost daily), I've had 100% good experiences. Of course, I deal in a fairly specific area -- child support enforcement. Good folks all around.

possumfritter
03-13-2010, 12:13 PM
Truth be told, in my personal dealings with DHS (which is almost daily), I've had 100% good experiences. Of course, I deal in a fairly specific area -- child support enforcement. Good folks all around.

I'll give CSE this, when they make a mistake they do apologize.

PennyQuilts
03-13-2010, 03:24 PM
I don't know if they insisted on a four bedroom house but I know my BS meter went off when I heard that. I can't imagine the departments that I've dealt with insisting on that, particularly that quickly. The last thing they want to do, usually, is have to pay a foster family, disrupt the kids anymore than they need to, etc. The family members who took them in weren't the abusers, after all. But I don't know what happened in this case.

possumfritter
03-13-2010, 05:25 PM
PennyQuilts...Like you, my BS Meter went off as well at first. My 1st foster home had 3 bedrooms; 1 BR for the parents, and 2 bedrooms for the children. Both BR's for the children had 2 sets of bunkbeds as there were 3 girls and 3 boys. That was back in the 1960's.

My ex has 3 children from a previous marriage and our Son (now 8 years old). Before the oldest child moved out (daughter), the daughter had a BR, her 2 oldest boys shared a BR, and our Son slept in her BR in his own bed. I believe that her 2 oldest boys now have their own BR and our Son still has a bed in her BR.

I don't know how much things have changed since the 1960's, but given the fact that my ex has been on welfare since 2001 and has lived in 2 different Sec.8 houses before moving into the 1800 SF ranch house her first husband bought (while he lives in a smaller house that she owns), I have never heard anything about OKDHS or the OKC Housing Authority requiring her to provide a seperate BR for each child. That's to say that I doubt very seriously DHS would try to force this family to move into a 4 BR house.

But who knows for sure?

PennyQuilts
03-15-2010, 05:21 PM
She owns a habitable house but gets section 8 housing? Oh, no longer on Section 8 but used to be?

possumfritter
03-15-2010, 08:38 PM
She owns a habitable house but gets section 8 housing? Oh, no longer on Section 8 but used to be?

I am not sure. She moved into that nice 1800 sf ranch house in July, 2006.

Last May (2009), the Oklahoma Housing Authority sent me a letter asking me (as required by Federal law, to verify the income of all participants in assisted housing) to verify how much child support I pay each year.

I told the Housing Authority I wasn't about to verify anything without a Court Order. I never heard back from them.

StopDHS
04-01-2010, 09:41 AM
It is crap like this as to why I put together stopdhs.com (http://www.stopdhs.com) Cause of issues like this we really need to get this Public service on the straight and narrow. They have too many gestapo tactics that they use and through my own experiance choose to do what they want and not what the courts say

jnorris2824
01-31-2011, 12:08 PM
AGREE 100%... I will be visiting your site for sure. DHS is out of control.

Dana
02-17-2011, 01:32 PM
MALICIOUS PROSECUTION IS LEGAL IN THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA ACCORDING TO THE BAR ASSOCIATION. I JUST GOT A LETTER FROM THE BAR ASSOCIATION CONFIRMING IT. YET WE WONDER WHY OUR LEGAL SYSTEM IS SO CORRUPT. Hmmmmmmmmmmm