View Full Version : What happened on Douglas Blvd. on 3/10?

disinfected
03-11-2010, 08:11 AM
I came home for Lunch on Wednesday afternoon around 12:15, and saw quite a commotion in front of the shopping center on Douglas near 29th street. I saw quite a few fire department vehicles, including a trailer from the Midwest City Intermediate CBRNE unit. It appeared the workers were looking in the drains along Douglas. Thirty minutes or so later, along with the trailer still there, there were more workers along the creek right before Orchard Blvd. from 29th. When I came home later that afternoon, probably around 4:30, the trailer was still there and the workers were still at the creek. Couldn't find anything about it on the news, and no one I asked seemed to know what was going on.

This morning, at 7:15, the workers were still in place. Anyone know what the heck is going on? Don't think I'm going to be drinking any tap water! :ohno:

possumfritter
03-11-2010, 09:28 AM
Have you called the Fire Dept or Police Dept to find out?

Redskin 70
03-11-2010, 10:19 AM
THere was a large chemical spill into the creek

disinfected
03-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Any word where it came from? Just a little disturbing considering I live right next to it. ;)

Redskin 70
03-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Nope never heard, I just saw the environmental truck there and a bunch of people working in the creek with absorbents