View Full Version : OKC St Pattys Day Parade

guinnesslove
03-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Has anyone ever been? I was just wondering because in the descriptions i find out it is says "family atmosphere". The gazette says "celebrate a patron saint with a parade and green beer"...i was wondering if you have to go into a restaurant to get beer or is it sold on the street somewhere...does anyone know?

Thanks

Wishbone
03-11-2010, 05:00 AM
I've been the last few years and it's not bad. I don't recall anyone selling beer on the streets. It is very family oriented though. I like the bagpipes the best.

Midtowner
03-11-2010, 01:48 PM
It's a family atmosphere for sure. I've been (by accident) a couple times when I was living downtown taking my daily constitutional. It's quite a bit larger production than I would have imagined. Good times were had by all.

circuitboard
03-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Going this year! So excited, never had chance to go before.

OKCRT
03-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Is it legal to drink beer on the streets during the festivities or does one have to worry about being harassed and ticketed by the ocpd? I have been to many festivals and have had many a beer walking down the street with nary a problem. Lets hope that OKC is growing up. Why no street vendors selling beer? This is not Mayberry

Wishbone
03-12-2010, 05:50 AM
I see many people walking around with alcholic drinks in their hands and nobody seems to bother them.