View Full Version : Carl Edwards and the whole "No Restrictions" racing

Jethrol
03-08-2010, 11:50 PM
In case you missed the Nascar race yesterday....watch this:

d_4I12wwBIE

I know BK was uninjured and noone else was wrecked but it still left me feeling a bit sick because Carl intentionally crashed BK.....that's just not cool.

I mean if that's what racing has come to and no restrictions means crashing people when they're on the lead lap and you're over 100 laps down doesn't the sport lose something like good sportsmanship and all that? I mean are fans so bored that they want to see a crash up derby every week?

I for one enjoy the racing not really the crashing.

mugofbeer
03-09-2010, 09:38 AM
A comment he made this morning was "I didn't think he'd go airborne!" I hope they aren't trying to turn NASCAR into pro hockey.

jstaylor62
03-09-2010, 09:44 AM
I have a problem with Carl Edwards being over a 150 laps down and trying to wreck somebody that was working on a top 5 finish. Carl Edwards was so far down, he would not have finished any higher and really did not need to be in the race. He was only on the track to try to wreck Keselowksi. He tried a lap or two earlier, but missed.

Now Bristol, that is totally different. They seldom get their speeds above 125 there...

SoonerBent
03-09-2010, 04:00 PM
But then again Keselowski did the same thing to Carl Edwards last year at Talledega when Edwards was in the lead and in the final turn of the final lap. There has been a thing between these two for a couple of years now. They both need to cool it and just race.

Jethrol
03-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Yep 150 laps down and wrecks a guy working on top 5 finish. I don't care what's gone on before this....if you do this kind of move, not only are you a huge douchbag, you should also get fined severely....especially when you can easily see his hands turn right. Now the video isn't all that clear but I watched the replays on my big screen HD TV when the wreck happened and you could easily see his hands turn right.

Now, I'm all about racing hard, rubbing and having attitudes and holding grudges. However when you do something like what CE did, that's a flagrant foul and he should either be parked for a few races and/or have to pay BK the purse for where he was when he was wrecked (i.e. BK is in 6th place, CE pays BK the winning money for 6th place).

BK DID NOT do the same thing last year at Taledega!! BK had a nose past his bumper and CE turned down on him trying to block. That's not BKs fault, he didn't turn right and he was racing for position. BK just didn't lift up but he had full control of his vehicle. This was all CE's fault.....just like the crash earlier in Sunday's race that put CE 150 laps down.

CE tries to block, crashes, then blames the other guy and claims that it's the other guys fault. No....CE.....it's YOUR fault.

gen70
03-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Carl edwards is a punk and Sundays race wasn't the first time he showed his ass.

bluedogok
03-09-2010, 07:18 PM
I don't have an issue with the off-track "fights" that Nascar has seemed to have the past few years, heck it is a legacy in Nascar, they are always showing that one fight from the years ago (maybe Pearson and Yarborough?) but they seemed to do little about "real" issues on track and then nag everyone about the little ones.

Something like what happened with Edwards, he should be shut down for 5 races minimum, if Roush-Fenway wants to run the car with another driver while Carl is suspended, the driver gets points, the team doesn't much like what F1 did with the McLaren-Ferrari spy scandal. It's too late to penalize Kesolowski for last year but if something happens again he gets the same thing, the next incident would be 10 races, do it again, you lose your cup license. Bumping is one thing, intentionally wrecking someone in a high place position and you are out of the points is beyond ridiculous.

Jethrol
03-09-2010, 07:56 PM
It's too late to penalize Kesolowski for last year but if something happens again he gets the same thing, the next incident would be 10 races, do it again, you lose your cup license.
What? Why does everyone blame BK for last year? It was NOT his fault. Edwards dove down to block him but he had a nose. BK didn't lift off the accelerator but he shouldn't have to....you can't dive your car down when someone is right next to you....a nose is no different. It was Edwards fault all the way.

Bumping is one thing, intentionally wrecking someone in a high place position and you are out of the points is beyond ridiculous.
Yep

Jethrol
03-09-2010, 07:59 PM
This makes me sick!

NASCAR Puts Carl Edwards on Probation; No Suspension, No Fine

Despite many calls for a swift and harsh penalty, NASCAR has decided against suspending driver Carl Edwards for an aggressive, retaliatory move in Sunday's race at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

Calling the incident "unacceptable" NASCAR President Mike Helton announced Tuesday that the sanctioning body would not fine Edwards or penalize him any championship points, but instead place him on a three-race probation for Sunday's frightening collision with Brad Keselowski and suggested Edwards and Keselowski need to sit down and "clear the slate."

"There is a line. ... and we'll step in to maintain law and order when we think that line has been crossed,'' Helton said. "There is a balance of wanting to do the right thing. ... wanting the teams to race but us needing to maintain law and order too.''

Edwards, more than 100 laps down to the race leaders Sunday, crashed into sixth-place running Keselowski, sending Keselowski's Dodge airborne and crashing hard on its roof along the front stretch grandstands. And the fact that Keselowski's car got airborne on a 1.5-mile track was an even bigger issue in all this, according to Helton.

Edwards has repeatedly said he was glad Keselowski wasn't injured and that he never intended the car to flip into the air. But, he has also maintained that it was absolutely his intent to settle a score with the young driver. Earlier in the race, the two collided and while Keselowski was able to continue racing, Edwards car suffered a lot of damage which was why he was so far off the pace.

Their more famous run-in, however, occured at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway in April when Keselowski's car made contact with then race leader Edwards, sending Edwards Ford airborne into the front stretch retaining fence. Debris from the accident injured seven fans. Keselowski went on to win his first -- and only -- Sprint Cup race.
NASCAR Puts Carl Edwards on Probation; No Suspension, No Fine -- Motorsports FanHouse (http://motorsports.fanhouse.com/2010/03/09/nascar-puts-carl-edwards-on-probation-no-suspension-no-fine/)

ultimatesooner
03-09-2010, 08:11 PM
driving in circles isn't racing anyway, they might as well let em crash into each other and fight to make it more entertaining

Jethrol
03-09-2010, 10:32 PM
driving in circles isn't racing anyway, they might as well let em crash into each other and fight to make it more entertaining
There's a lot of people that agree with you and that CE's actions make it much more fun to watch.

However, this seems similar to those people that want fights to go on in hockey, basketball, baseball.....people just love fighting. I don't know....I love fighting but I also enjoy the sport.

gen70
03-10-2010, 12:54 AM
driving in circles isn't racing anyway, they might as well let em crash into each other and fight to make it more entertaining You don't know anything about NASCA so don't post please...

sam greenroyd
03-10-2010, 11:19 AM
You don't know anything about NASCA so don't post please...

Really, go set your butt in a seat and go 200 mph door to door with 43 cars for 500 miles and tell me its not racing

possumfritter
03-12-2010, 11:09 AM

Have you ever been to a NASCAR race? 190-200+ mph, a car on both bumpers and each side of you at 200mph. And ya think that ain't racin'?

Maybe the annual possum barrel race in Pinewood, SC might be more to your liking. I know I enjoy them.