View Full Version : Hey downtownguy

Patrick
08-14-2004, 01:39 AM
Please email me, PM me, or reply here if you can. I was curious what your alias was on the other forums we've used in the past. You can also check out the reply I made to your post on the Introductions and Welcomes forum.

Also, can you post your blog articles here on this forum as well??? They're great! Maybe the subject can be "daily downtown blog" or something like that! I'll still check your site, but having them on this site as well would really add to it!

Patrick
08-14-2004, 01:53 AM
By the way, thanks for mentioning me in your blog! I thought that was prety nice, interesting, and cool! And you're right....unfortunately Carrozza's hand is all over our downtown. At least it's not quite as bad as Dallas though. Like you and I both agree on, at least Leadership Square was a nice addition! :D
Thanks also for answering floater's question. I was curious about whether or not Jim Glover would reopen his main Street Deli and Big Ed's downtown. I'm glad to hear that he will. Hey, would you mind making a post on that? I'd rather you do it since it's your info.

Anyways, keep up the great work on your blog site. Keep up the great inside footwork! I'll check it daily!

Oh by the way, any inside info. you post there, we'd love to have on this site as well, so please post it here as well! In fact, if you just want to start your own daily post called downtown blog or something like that, we'd love to have your participation in that matter. It would be great not only for the forum, but for us as well!

I'm interested in hearing why you don't think Harkin's will be opening October 1st!!!

And what are Rick Dowell's projects?

downtownguy
08-14-2004, 09:18 AM
(I've posted this response in the welcome section as well)
Thanks for the welcome. In the past I've been more of a passive forum member, reading more than I wrote. The blog allows me to speak a bit more without risking getting caught up in flame wars or controversy that could cause me problems in my "real life" (as opposed to cyberlife).
I've got no problem with people posting info from my blog; it's a creative outlet more than anything else. I won't be filing copyright lawsuits if someone quotes from it, though it would be cool to have the website mentioned if something is posted elsewhere. It's not a commercial venture for me, though obviously, anyone who does a blog also has a bit of ego involved...
I'd love to post info on this site on the blog as well... I'm not sure if proper etiquite is to simply sum up the info and put in the link, or cite the info in full and attribute it to the author and web site.
As far as Brian goes... well, it's his life and his web site.

Patrick
08-15-2004, 12:44 AM
Hey downtownguy...thanks for the go ahead to post some of your info. If I don't see you post it, I might use some of it from time to time. And yes, I'd definitely list the website in the post.

Even better though, I'd like to see you post your own daily blog here on this forum. Afterall, this site is just as much about blog as it is about current events.

Anyways, I don't really think there is any proper etiquette in regards to posting that. Posting the entire blog would be fine and would probably be the easiest for you. That way it would allow us to post comments and questions about it. And maybe if you so desire, your new blog each day could answer some of those questions, or if you didn't wish to do that in your blog, you could just answer the questions here on the site. Regardless of what method you chose, you could still post the link to your blog in your post...that way people would know where it originated from. Even with you posting it here, I know I'd still check your site daily. Anyways, give it some thought. We'd love to hear your blog on this site so we can respond to it!!!!