View Full Version : Farmers market district

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Jesseda
03-04-2010, 03:54 PM
When are they going to fix that area up.. i looks like it could be a great place to produce shop along with handmade products, but the area still looks run down

mugofbeer
03-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Maps4? (lol)

DammitDan
03-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Is that part of the Core to Shore area?

ssandedoc
03-05-2010, 12:19 AM
The Farmers Market main building is suppose to undergo renovations. At least I saw the plans for it 2 years ago.

http://www.okcfarmersmarket.com/html/about.html

flippity
03-05-2010, 12:50 PM
the inside of the Farmer's Market building is pretty neat but it's still run down. I went to a huge Christmas party there last year and it was perfect. big dance floor, and a stage for a band...bar area..lots of room.

ThePlainsman
03-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Two words. Roller Girls!!

metro
03-05-2010, 02:25 PM
http://www.okctalk.com/okc-metro-area-talk/18522-okc-public-farmers-market-get-remodeled.html

LakeEffect
03-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Who is "they"? Who should fix it up?

Urbanized
03-06-2010, 04:47 PM
It is not a part of the C2S area. Also, from what I understand the owners are being very deliberate with their renovations of the main building, and eventually expect for the work to blossom to the rest of the property. They first had to rework all of the HVAC and add an elevator, both very expensive propositions. They have been trying to do things with a historic preservation approach.

The upstairs in the main building is a fantastic room. I think it is every bit as cool as Cain's Ballroom, and believe it could be home to lot of the same types of concerts if a promoter took an interest in it.

It actually has a tie to Cain's in that when Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys relocated to Oklahoma from Fort Worth, their first choice was OKC. They performed at the Farmer's Market, in that building, and broadcast their shows on local radio (WKY, if I remember right). However, they had a dispute with the sponsor of their old show in Fort Worth (a flour company) over leaving, and the sponsor pulled ads from the local station in an effort to get them to pull the show. It worked, and so Bob and co. moved to T-town and Cain's. The rest is history.

The Farmer's Market building used to have huge dances on Saturdays with music by Jude and Jody, broadcast live, and lots of other great concerts and such. I would sure love to see that return.

Right now the building hosts events like the aforementioned roller derby, fights, and probably the coolest event in OKC, The Girlie Show (http://www.thegirlieshow.net/).

gen70
03-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Way to go..Farmers Market!!

CCOKC
03-07-2010, 05:07 PM
I went to the last Girlie show and it was absolutely packed. I agree this venue has real potential to be a special place. The parking was a bit of a problem though.

Urbanized
03-08-2010, 09:41 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2245/2344804962_b1e3530633.jpg

Praedura
09-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Nice video from OETA, on the Oklahoma News Report (aired on 8-31-12):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aJ6Rp22MdM

CuatrodeMayo
09-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Here is a masterplan for the district that was done a few years ago:

http://studioarc.com/portfolio/civic/farmer’s-market-district-master-plan

sooner88
09-06-2012, 08:38 AM
I've been to a few events there, including a concert about 7 years ago. I had the same feeling that others have said, this feels a lot like Cain's and with the right people behind it we could get some really cool bands here. We don't really have a great mid-size venue like Tulsa does, and I think that Farmer's Market would draw a good crowd with the right bands

BDP
09-06-2012, 09:37 AM
I've been to a few events there, including a concert about 7 years ago. I had the same feeling that others have said, this feels a lot like Cain's and with the right people behind it we could get some really cool bands here. We don't really have a great mid-size venue like Tulsa does, and I think that Farmer's Market would draw a good crowd with the right bands

Cain's has the history and some nice redneck charm, but I actually think think the Farmer's Market ballroom has a much more interesting aesthetic and the balcony could be put to really good use for shows. With the ceiling height, you could actually extend the balcony around the sides, though that may block the windows. I like Cain's a lot, but it is interesting how much its history helps it. On a national level it's really just an average venue. I actually think the Diamond Ballroom is comparable in terms of aesthetic and sound, at least the last couple of times I went. They're both rugged with a touch of trash to them. The big difference is that the Diamond is THE worst run venue I have ever been to and Cain's knows how to put on a show, even if they don't know how to run a bar.

In the end, promotion is the key. That room could be every bit as successful as Cain's with the right promoter.

Pete
09-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Why isn't the Bricktown Events Center more heavily used?

Fantastic space with plenty of room and a great location.

jedicurt
09-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Why isn't the Bricktown Events Center more heavily used?

Fantastic space with plenty of room and a great location.

last time i knew of a group trying to put an event together, they looked at the bricktown events center and said that the price was ridiculously high... that you could book a much larger space at the fair grounds (where they ended up going) for less money.

now i don't know who much they were charging... this is just what i heard

Pete
09-06-2012, 10:16 AM
I booked it several years ago for a class reunion and it wasn't cheap, but not outrageous either.

I know they have had concerts in the past but haven't heard of any in a while.

HangryHippo
09-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Honestly, for events we've tried to book, the Bricktown Events Center just isn't that wonderful of a space.

Pete
09-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Honestly, for events we've tried to book, the Bricktown Events Center just isn't that wonderful of a space.

What sort of events?

And what don't you like about the space?

okcboy
09-06-2012, 12:31 PM
http://newspin360.com/tour/ok/okc/cocacolaeventcenter/

HangryHippo
09-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Several parties and holiday celebrations for our staff, a couple of product unveilings, and a benefit concert.

To be fair, I think the space has some good bare bones to work with (lots of room to work with, location), but the ambience was lacking in what we wanted and the costs didn't work for what we wanted. Also, they had a fairly extensive list of "don'ts" that were difficult to work with.

It's odd because I think the building actually has a lot of potential to be vastly more successful than it currently seems to be.

Pete
09-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Yes, the Bricktown space requires a decent amount of work to make it look nice, as it's pretty raw. But that's good for concerts (what we are primarily talking about here) and for elaborate events where you want to put together a unique visual experience.

It is expensive for events by the time you add everything in, but one huge benefits is they don't have their own catering and thus you can work a completely separate outside deal for food, which is where so many venues gouge you.

But, it sure doesn't seem to get used much so they are either not doing a good job promoting it or their prices and policies are not competitive.

okcboy
09-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Pete is right on. It stays fairly busy. The prices I think are lower that any other like facility in town when you get to the bottom line. It also has fairly loose restrictions as well until there is a request that might damage the facility or require any labor expenses that aren't covered up front. At the end of the day event facilities of this nature cannot pay the bills on just a rental fee alone. They also really only have 104 prime dates available to work with as well. Weekend dates.

Pete
09-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Looking at the Bricktown Events Center website, I don't see a single concert scheduled.

It says it holds 1,100 seated and 1,800 standing... Seems like the perfect size, or even a little on the bigger end.

So, why don't they get any concerts??

BDP
09-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Looking at the Bricktown Events Center website, I don't see a single concert scheduled.

It says it holds 1,100 seated and 1,800 standing... Seems like the perfect size, or even a little on the bigger end.

So, why don't they get any concerts??

Well 1) we still have the promoter problem. There just doesn't seem to be any good ones interested in working this market. I have a feeling this will change. DCF has actually been expanding their horizons a bit beyond the death thrash stuff they are known for booking. I think the Pixies was their show and I have seen Cake and Pete Yorn at the Diamond in the last year and a half. Some upcoming shows look promising, too. So maybe when they need a bigger space they can go here.

2) The alcohol situation. I don't know what kind of rules lead to this, but every show I have been to there only serves 3.2 beer and only by the DREADED ticket method, where you have to stand in one big stupid line to buy drink tickets and then stand in another line right next to that line just to get some 3.2 beer from a trash can. As expected, there is no permanent bar. This drastically decreases a main revenue stream from both the venue operator and promoter's stand point. If they could fix this I bet the economics would work a lot better and you'd see more shows.

They do have shows there, it's just infrequent. In the past 5-6 years I have seen the White Stripes, Wilco, Flaming Lips, and the Pixies there. The room is like a VERY dumpy version of the Fillmore in SF. It's just one large room with high ceiling, but little has been done to it to make it a premier venue. It feels more like convention space than anything, with a decent stage.

The Farmer's Market is very much a ballroom space with tons of historic charm. It could use a little dressing up here and there, but it's ready to be a primary venue for sure. It even has (gasp!) a bar that uses the novel concept of accepting cash and credit cards at the events I have been to. I saw the Black Crows there a few years back and it wasn't a bad experience. Not sure if they have a freight elevator or not, because I am sure lugging gear up there would suck.

Personally, I'd love to see the Tower turned into something like a larger capacity version of the El Ray.

Mr. Cotter
09-06-2012, 04:06 PM
DCF is the largest concert promoter in the state. They own the Diamond Ball Room in OKC, and Cain's in Tulsa. If an act is only going to play once in the state, and they would either fit into Cain's (larger/much nicer than Diamond) or Bricktown Event Center (about the size/not as nice as Cain's), then they book the act in Tulsa, and OKC misses out.

okcboy
09-06-2012, 04:39 PM
My hope is that within the next five years we will have a state of the art amphitheater and HOB type venue. Fingers crossed.

metro
09-06-2012, 04:55 PM
The Beicktown events center is not set up well for concerts. I've been to several big name acts there and it was boring.

BDP
09-07-2012, 09:42 AM
DCF is the largest concert promoter in the state. They own the Diamond Ball Room in OKC, and Cain's in Tulsa. If an act is only going to play once in the state, and they would either fit into Cain's (larger/much nicer than Diamond) or Bricktown Event Center (about the size/not as nice as Cain's), then they book the act in Tulsa, and OKC misses out.

Ok, then we know where their heart lies, because their attention to OKC and execution of shows here does not reflect the experience they should have from doing shows at Cain's. Bizarre.

Just FYI, Cain's and the Diamond are both about 1200-1300 capacity. BEC is about 1800 for standing room.

The funny thing is that they do book acts in both the Diamond and BEC that do not play Tulsa on the same tour. I honestly think a lot of people complain about the discrepancy between the two markets, but they only know what played at Cain's and have no idea about some shows here. For that matter, the Opolis gets great acts that don't play in Tulsa, but many seem to not know who they are until they play Tulsa. This must be branding. Cain's has a good brand in Tulsa because they book good shows there and have leveraged the history. Diamond / DCF has a bad brand in OKC, because they book so much crap there, even though good shows do play the Diamond. It's location sucks though and that's not going to change. The Farmer's Market does not have that issue and it's close to the size of cain's and the Diamond (1000-1200), but being that DCF doesn't own it, they're not going to put anything there.

Praedura
10-26-2012, 12:04 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc9phlYAIa1r1x94ro1_1280.jpg

Nice promo graphic, no?

ljbab728
10-26-2012, 12:17 AM
And they have a VIP early girlie preview. LOL

Nothing like being a VIP.

HangryHippo
11-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Damn Praedura, would it have killed you to throw a "Not Safe For Work" tag on that??

Urbanized
11-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Haha, disapproving lady in black disapproves.

catch22
11-06-2012, 01:15 PM

Approving male in blue approves!

Urbanized
11-06-2012, 01:17 PM
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2009/2/9/128786883317534395.jpg

Spartan
11-06-2012, 01:18 PM

But the approving bearded man in a suit definitely approves.

Edit: Doh..late to the party

Martin
11-06-2012, 01:23 PM
yeah... pics removed. let's keep this site safe for work.

i'd edit the post to switch the pics to links but i'm at work...

-M

Spartan
11-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Damn you M.. We need a VIP forum

Urbanized
11-06-2012, 01:29 PM
You know how I know that I'm old? I was having more fun checking out the expressions of the OTHER people in the shots than in checking out the subject matter of the photos.

hoya
11-07-2012, 03:27 PM
You know how I know that I'm old? I was having more fun checking out the expressions of the OTHER people in the shots than in checking out the subject matter of the photos.

I was definitely not. Still young, woot-woot!

ljbab728
02-12-2013, 11:39 PM
An update on the Better Block event planned for this area.

Oklahoma City group aims to make Farmers Market District a 'better block' | News OK (http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-group-aims-to-make-farmers-market-district-a-better-block/article/3754765)

OKC plaza
04-29-2013, 06:04 PM
Better Block OKC is this weekend in the Farmers Market District. Better Block OKC | May 4, 2013 in the Farmers Market District, Oklahoma City (http://www.betterblockokc.com) Also, I hope you guys had a chance to check out the new Farmers Market District branding that was donated through Better Block OKC. Here's a link to their new Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OKCFarmersMarketDistrict

Better Block OKC: Farmers Market District
This Saturday! 8am-4pm
SW 2nd & Klein Ave

Food Vendors:
Native Roots Market
Wild Al's
Roxy's Ice Cream Social
The Crepe Brewers
Taste of Soul Egg Roll
Motochef
BYOBeer Garden

Kids Activities
Fowler Toyota Pop Up Park
Legacy Bank Sandbox Treasure Hunt
SixTwelve: Printmaking with pigment from local foods
ACOG Kids Activities
Kids Coloring Book table

Street Life
Improved Street Layout and Parking on SW 2nd
Market Row Pedestrian Plaza & Pop Up Businesses
Seating, Shade and Landscaping Improvements
Interactive & Crowdsourced activities
Farmers Market Vendors including produce, dry goods, fresh flower, crafts and more!
Local musicians throughout the day

Better Block OKC to present reimagined Farmers Market District on May 4
Presented by Fowler Toyota, Better Block OKC will take place Saturday, May 4th, 2013 8am to 4pm in the Farmers Market District at SW 2nd and Klein Ave. This community revitalization project temporarily demonstrates how to improve a street with pedestrian and public infrastructure mixed with art, culture, pop-up businesses and street life.

Better Block OKC is a grassroots event that plants seeds for change. We make temporary improvements with the creativity and help of volunteers, business owners, and people who want to see a place like Farmers Market District defined and bustling again – to show a more permanent vision for places that matter. FARMERS MARKET DISTRICT IS A PLACE THAT MATTERS. It is a historical, urban place –with a purpose that has been waiting to be reimagined and revitalized.

SO LET’S GO BACK TO THE START. Let’s build a thriving local market experience – that feeds our bodies and our community.

Join us May 4th, 8am-4pm in the Farmers Market District. Bring your family, your appetite and your imagination.
Fowler Toyota of Norman is the presenting sponsor of Better Block OKC, a program of ULI Oklahoma. Additional sponsors include: Legacy Bank, Olthia Urban Prairie Garden Design, Braid Creative & Consulting, Pelco Products, and Johnson & Associates.

warreng88
08-18-2014, 07:31 AM
So, I remember a band called Insane Clown Posse playing in OKC about once a year when I was in college at the Tower Theatre and I was curious if they played here any more. Well, I looked up on their website and it looks like they are playing at the Farmers Market on October 12. From looking at their calendar in the future, it is mostly weddings and bands like the Red Dirt Rangers playing there. I wish Burt McAnally would move in to more concerts but I am sure the weddings are more tame (usually) and less clean up but I think he could make a lot more money working with DCF or someone like that to promote.

Urbanized
08-18-2014, 07:45 AM
ICP played Chevy (then Coca-Cola) Event Center a time or two in the past 8-10 years. I think the current remodel of that building would stifle a DCF partnership with Farmer's Market as DCF will be pretty closely aligned there, plus still booking at Diamond, which they own. It would probably be a better fit for Farmers Market to cultivate a relationship with a different promoter, and unfortunately OKC is in short supply.

I too have been puzzled at the lack of concert bookings at Farmers Market. I think it is a dramatically underutilized resource and could be every bit the asset Cain's is for Tulsa. Still, really looking forward to the next chapter for the Chevy Event Center, as I think the quality bookings in town will see a dramatic uptick.

AP
08-18-2014, 07:46 AM
So, I remember a band called Insane Clown Posse playing in OKC about once a year when I was in college at the Tower Theatre and I was curious if they played here any more. Well, I looked up on their website and it looks like they are playing at the Farmers Market on October 12. From looking at their calendar in the future, it is mostly weddings and bands like the Red Dirt Rangers playing there. I wish Burt McAnally would move in to more concerts but I am sure the weddings are more tame (usually) and less clean up but I think he could make a lot more money working with DCF or someone like that to promote.

Are you a Juggalo?

warreng88
08-18-2014, 07:50 AM
Are you a Juggalo?

I have been to a few concerts in college and listened to some of their music, but I do not consider myself one, no.

warreng88
08-18-2014, 07:53 AM
ICP played Chevy (then Coca-Cola) Event Center a time or two in the past 8-10 years. I think the current remodel of that building would stifle a DCF partnership with Farmer's Market as DCF will be pretty closely aligned there, plus still booking at Diamond, which they own. It would probably be a better fit for them to cultivate a relationship with a different promoter, and unfortunately OKC is in short supply.

I too have been puzzled at the lack of concert bookings at Farmers Market. I think it is a dramatically underutilized resource and could be every bit the asset Cain's is for Tulsa. Still, really looking forward to the next chapter for the Chevy Event Center, as I think the quality bookings in town will see a dramatic uptick.

I forget about the BT Events Center, good call. This will fill the mid-size venue void OKC has been lacking. Shows that usually go to Trees in Dallas or the Brady in Tulsa might skip one of those and make a stop in OKC or just make it an extra stop on the tour. Does DCF promote the BT Events Center?

Urbanized
08-18-2014, 08:00 AM
DCF has a very friendly relationship with the owner of CBEC. I'm unaware of a specific business relationship related to the remodel, though there may be one. But I do know that the remodel was being done with the understanding that there would be a heavy commitment to quality shows there, and that CBEC expects that DCF is going to be a significant source for said shows.

warreng88
08-18-2014, 08:08 AM
DCF also runs concert promotions for the Brady Theatre so, like The Peake and BOK, there will probably be multiple stops in Oklahoma, depending on where they are going either on the same leg of the tour, back to back or one and then the other later.

warreng88
10-04-2014, 06:58 AM
From the Journal Record:

Growth spurt: OKC’s second food truck park to crop up in Farmers Market District
By: Molly M. Fleming The Journal Record October 3, 2014

OKLAHOMA CITY – The city will soon have a second food truck park.

Farmers Market District attorney Bud Scott is working with Farmers Public Market building owners Burt and Jody McAnally to create a food truck park on land they own in the district. The property is directly east of Urban Agrarian, 1235 SW Second St., and northwest of the Farmers Public Market building.

Oklahoma City’s first permanent space for food trucks, Bleu Garten, opened this month.

At the new location, food trucks will have access to electrical outlets, grease traps and a gray-water disposal site. There will also be an 80-by-40-foot pavilion with a stage. The area will be dotted with landscaping from Farmers Market District business Pam’s Plants.

“We’re going for a much more family-friendly green space, with food trucks that happen to be there as well,” Scott said.

“It will complement the activities we’re already planning.”

The entrance will be marked by an old pickup truck.

“We are dropping in a 1939 rusted piece of goodness,” he said. “It was donated by one of my clients, Walnut Creek Ranch in Waynoka. It’s been sitting on his farm for a while.”

Scott said he’s already talked to several food truck owners regarding their interest in the park. Operators will sign a monthly lease and then schedule shifts, such as lunch, dinner or late nights. Three- and six-month leasing options will be available as well. Six trucks can park at one time, with additional spaces available for large events.

The park is expected to open in November, about the same time as the Power House bar. Burt McAnally said he and Jody are excited to see the district’s new life. The couple bought the Farmers Public Market building in 2002.

“We’ve dreamed about this,” he said. “Our original vision was not of renovation but of restoration. We’ve always been hopeful, but we didn’t have the same smile on our faces that we do right now.”

He said the bar, the food truck park and Urban Agrarian‘s expansion into the former Sterling Produce building at 311 S. Klein Ave. next to the Farmers Public Market are just the start of the district’s positive changes.

“We’re very excited because the more things that go on down here, the more the district is putting down roots,” he said.

“Jody’s attitude and my attitude has always been – the more the merrier. We just need to have activity down here. I think the food truck park will be a catalyst for that.”

The area already has its own food truck, with Urban Agrarian owner Matt Burch partnering with Brent Van Meter’s The Tin Can. It’s open every weekend from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., serving comfort fare featuring seasonal and locally sourced produce.

McAnally said he met with investors this past week interested in putting money into the area.

“The more businesses we get down here, the more things we have, the more events that we have – it’s just going to be good for the city,” he said.

Scott said the Farmers Market District is in a prime spot as the city develops west. He said the district still has many properties available for investment.

“With the successful buildup of the Farmers Market District, it’s a sound link in a chain that runs from Stockyards City to downtown and to Bricktown, so it’s a little more cohesive, as opposed to being cut off like it’s been for quite some time,” Scott said.

turnpup
10-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Cool! I'm looking forward to watching that area take shape.

Pete
10-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Sounds like it will be the area immediately around Powerhouse.

warreng88
12-05-2014, 02:52 PM
From the Journal Record:

These Walls: Earth to Urban Local Food Hub

By: Molly M. Fleming The Journal Record December 5, 2014

OKLAHOMA CITY – Downtown development is starting to move west, but two businesses have long boasted about the area.

The Earth to Urban Local Food Hub opened at 1235 SW Second St. in November 2011 in a 1930s produce building. The building went up shortly after its neighbor, the Farmers Public Market Building.

The 5,000-square-foot red brick Earth to Urban building was home to two generations of family-owned produce operators during its heyday. It was once connected to a pool hall, but that building’s only remains are the checkerboard floor entrance. In 2007, Scott Friedman purchased the produce building. He said it was nearly dilapidated, so he put in the wooden floors and restored the barrel-style roof before leasing it to the food hub.

The Earth to Urban Local Food Hub consists of two businesses, Urban Agrarian local food market and Earth Elements market, bakery, and entrepreneurs’ kitchen. The two businesses provide the community with fresh, locally sourced food. But getting their products to people was a challenge at first because the hub was in an area that wasn’t frequently visited. Urban Agrarian owner Matt Burch said he used social media to reach out to people. The strategy seems to have worked well, as the store was open only from Wednesday to Sunday for the first three years, and started opening daily earlier this year.

The large building is separated into sections. The old loading dock on the south side has been transformed into the Urban Agrarian retail space. The dock has large garage doors that can be raised when weather permits. Urban Agrarian sells Oklahoma produce, locally raised meats and other products. The displays often feature the price and the farm’s location. The shop is a favorite among restaurateurs.

Behind the shop is the Urban Agrarian office that Burch built when he started leasing the building. Heading farther to the building’s north, one finds storage space for Urban and Earth Elements, and a loading dock to get the Urban van prepared for deliveries or setting up at farmers’ markets. There is also a large walk-in refrigerator to help keep produce fresh.

While there are only two businesses in the hub, several other entrepreneurs benefit from the Earth Elements kitchen. Eighteen companies lease the space and use it to prepare food for catering or to make items such as bagels, cookies, jams and jellies. Della Terra pasta maker Chris Becker has his pasta drying machine in the building as well.

As with any old building, it comes with climate-control challenges. The high ceilings make it hard to keep heat on the floor level. Burch said he and his staff often use space heaters and gas heaters to keep everyone comfortable.

The hub now has a quick-service food element, with The Tin Can food truck operating next door. Burch said he would like to add an awning where the pool hall once sat to accommodate Tin Can customers.

Plutonic Panda
04-07-2015, 03:14 PM
Farmers Market area southwest of downtown Oklahoma City is making a comeback | News OK (http://newsok.com/farmers-market-area-southwest-of-downtown-oklahoma-city-is-making-a-comeback/article/5407384)

warreng88
07-10-2015, 09:39 AM
I don’t understand Burt McAnally’s thinking on the Farmer’s Market. He could have a place that hosts great rock bands that usually go to the Diamond like 311, Bush, Limp Bizkit, Awolnation, Chevelle, Modest mouse, Stone Temple Pilots and other bands that would sell out the venue. Instead, FM has hosted Insane Clown Posse, Puddle of Mud and most recently announced Scare don’t fear, Mushroomhead and Hed(pe) in September. While I like all of those bands individually, I would think the bands that are going to the Diamond would bring in more money than the ones who are performing there. I guess all this is a moot point with the Criterion and the Tower coming up as music venues and partnering with Live Nation though.

Pete
09-29-2015, 01:35 PM
Photos from this weekend.

Soooo much potential here.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/farmers092715a.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/farmers092715b.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/farmers092715c.jpg

Roger S
09-29-2015, 02:13 PM
I agree.... When Kosmo's BBQ was looking for a brick and mortar location I had steered him here... Unfortunately the owner of the building space he looked at wasn't very accomodating.

The buildings down there just scream BBQ with the character they have and you have the meat distributor right there on the corner.

Tundra
11-16-2015, 09:58 PM

Looks like they're getting ready for some fresh paint....