View Full Version : Patrons walk over body to get food....

circuitboard
03-04-2010, 09:58 AM
How sad, boy oh boy....

Behavior at crime scene denounced
Witnesses to the shooting walked over the victim's body and yelled at first-responders.

By JARREL WADE World Staff Writer
Published: 3/2/2010 2:28 AM
Last Modified: 3/2/2010 4:42 AM

The actions of a crowd that hindered officials' efforts to investigate and help a shooting victim early Sunday were "unacceptable," an EMSA spokeswoman said Monday.

Valentino Verner, 27, was shot several times outside the Chicken Hut, 1500 E. Apache St., just before 3 a.m.

He died from his injuries.

About 100 patrons were at the late-night, walk-up restaurant, and some were walking over the man's body to get their food, EMSA spokeswoman Tina Wells said.

"It's very upsetting," Wells said Monday. "It's just absolutely unacceptable."

EMSA paramedics were impeded while attending to the patient and had to rush the patient away from the area for his protection and theirs, Wells said.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at Tulsa World: Behavior at crime scene denounced (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20100302_11_A12_Teatos599865)

Midtowner
03-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Must be really good food.

OKC@heart
03-04-2010, 10:54 AM
:doh:
Must be really good food.

:LolLolLol

That was pretty funny (and the way I think as well by the way) however it is just sad that there are those in our society that are so self absorbed and selfish that they value their meal more than a human life.

Well done Tulsa!

ddavidson8
03-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Obama voters.

venture
03-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Hmmm...time for a good Samaritan law to prosecute those that refuse to help? I would say a good 6 months in jail followed by 3 years of community service in a victims of violence rehab facility would be good to drive humanity back into the worthless trash.

OKC@heart
03-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Hmmm...time for a good Samaritan law to prosecute those that refuse to help? I would say a good 6 months in jail followed by 3 years of community service in a victims of violence rehab facility would be good to drive humanity back into the worthless trash.

Amen Brother! It is hard to believe that we live with a segment of society that would require such drastic measures to insure that the right, decent and human thing is done when the moment requires it. Pathetic!

oneforone
03-04-2010, 01:20 PM

Even if it were a law I don't think the police would have any rest. 200 innocent bystanders vs. maybe 5-10 police officers on scene. They would have had a riot on their hands. '

I am true believer in karma. Every person who stepped over this body and every person who witnessed the killing and did not share information with the police has heaping helping of payback coming in their lives.

At the very least these people will carry their actions/lack of action on their conscience for the rest of their life.

PennyQuilts
03-04-2010, 01:25 PM

I wouldn't be for that. The state can't pass enough laws to get people to do the right thing. They learn that at their mama's knee - or not at all.

fuzzytoad
03-04-2010, 02:15 PM
How do you know he wasn't being a super dick to everyone there and deserved it?

Or that maybe he'd cried wolf one too many times by faking being shot?

venture
03-04-2010, 03:08 PM
I wouldn't be for that. The state can't pass enough laws to get people to do the right thing. They learn that at their mama's knee - or not at all.

Well, I would say we need a big chair out in front of the state house where we can strap people down, expose their bum, and then turn on a spanking machine that whips around a big leather belt. :-P

However, I agree with you completely. Just a frustrating situation. Even if the guy was being a jerk to people...resorting to violence isn't really appropriate, and hindering the EMS crew isn't appropriate. That is just classic thug mentality coming from people who should know better by now, but I guess we still have a bit of evolving left to do. With that in mind, it does back up One's point about inciting a riot if such laws were attempted to be enforced. Just...grrrr. lol

PennyQuilts
03-04-2010, 03:38 PM
Well, I would say we need a big chair out in front of the state house where we can strap people down, expose their bum, and then turn on a spanking machine that whips around a big leather belt. :-P

:yeahthat:[

kevinpate
03-04-2010, 04:54 PM
:yeahthat:[

anyone else suddenly get the feeling that PQ's car probably has those automatic seatbelts, even if it dinna start out that way?

PennyQuilts
03-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Automatic airbags and juice holders, baby.

Wambo36
03-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Responded to a heart attack call at a local pub some years back. Upon arrival we found a patron who had the bad manners to suffer a full arrest while sitting on his bar stool. While we were doing CPR on him on the floor, people were actually leaning over us to order and get drinks from the bartender. This continued until a police officer arrived to make them stay back until we were through. We had to go back to the FS to shower and change clothes, so we didn't smell like the beer spilled on us, for the next call. People never cease to amaze you.

redrunner
03-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Obama voters.

Enlighten us on how this story has anything to do with Obama voters.