View Full Version : Update on a few things?

ourulz2000
03-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Don't live in OKC so I'm a little behind on many of these updates:

1. Land Run Monuments?
2. Native American museum?
3. Canal side building near the mural with the remaining dirt still on the 1st floor? I thought they were renovating that soon?
4. Ford Center outside expansion?

OKCisOK4me
03-03-2010, 01:57 PM
1. No change for as long as I can think of, dating back at least 2 years.
2. I often go to their website and they have some Flash type photos. The latest I saw looked like they were erecting the iron and steel for the actual museum. I've never been there in person so that is all that I know.
3. I do not believe this has changed either. I was within half a block there on Saturday night but wasn't really looking.
4. Will not be started until after the end of this season. With playoffs being a possibility, this project will be delayed and will be done by the beginning of the 2012 season (what I've heard from various other posters on here).

kswright29
03-03-2010, 07:54 PM
#3 definately not done. I was down there Saturday and it still looks like crap. A lot of the canal level down towards the mural is pretty embarrassing.

kevinpate
03-03-2010, 07:57 PM
I'd really like to see the Land Run monument completed, and sooner rather than later.

Beyond adding that tiny rant, I think OKCisOK4me covered things well.

so1rfan
03-03-2010, 09:57 PM
#1. During last summer they had put in a few more pieces. I found a PDF file that shows what pieces have been installed. http://www.okc.gov/landrun/LAND%20RUN.pdf

shane453
03-03-2010, 10:52 PM
There were 2 or 3 new statues installed last summer at the Land Run Monument. I think it was always envisioned as a long-term project, and I'm sure it takes a long while for each of them to be made- they're huge and extremely detailed. I think they're just over halfway done though.

SWOKC 4 me
03-03-2010, 10:57 PM
#1. During last summer they had put in a few more pieces. I found a PDF file that shows what pieces have been installed. http://www.okc.gov/landrun/LAND%20RUN.pdf

Anyone know if the "deferred" pieces only temporarily on hold or are they permanently scrapped? The term deferred sounds like they are just delayed but is that indefinitely?

Larry OKC
03-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Last I heard it was a temporary (funding) thing, so hopefully they will be able to come up with it somewhere. Really want them to do it as originally announced which was 77 statues (one representative of each county). Pictures do NOT do it justice, if you haven't gone down and seen them in person, I highly recommend it.

so1rfan
03-04-2010, 07:15 AM
It is a 12 year project

russellc
03-04-2010, 07:19 AM
When they first announced it, it was supposed to be finished by the centennial. That date was quickly pushed back.