View Full Version : Kevin Durant! The next ........?

dmoor82
03-01-2010, 10:03 PM
What past NBA player does KD remind you of?How many All-star app. will he make?What will his carrer PPG be,when his career end's?all things KD in this thread!!

TaoMaas
03-02-2010, 08:25 AM
I reluctantly had to vote "no" in your poll. I think KD will spend the majority of his career here, but I don't think he'll stay here forever. Think "Kevin Garnett", which is who KD reminds me of. Frankly, I can only envision two current players spending their entire careers with one team and they are Kobe Bryant and Tim Duncan.

OKCisOK4me
03-02-2010, 08:59 AM
There's no such thing as a "Imma be with this ONE franchise" player anymore... Sad.

nik4411
03-02-2010, 09:40 AM
good point tao on the kobe and duncan deal. they have both been with their teams since day 1 and will probably stay that way.

i dont really see the comparison of KG to KD though, other than their first names and the fact that they are both long and lanky.

i really can't think of any players from the past that he reminds me of right now.

TaoMaas
03-02-2010, 10:08 AM
i dont really see the comparison of KG to KD though, other than their first names and the fact that they are both long and lanky.

I was really thinking more along the lines of their career paths. I kinda see KD following Garnett's path of coming into the league at a very young age...going to a relatively small market...being loyal to that team and playing the majority of their career there...but eventually having to leave in order to get a shot at wearing that championship ring...all while being a pretty class act along the way.

nik4411
03-02-2010, 10:37 AM
ahh, good post. well along those lines yes i would have to agree. i have always been a garnett fan and you are right he has always been great for the league.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
03-02-2010, 11:55 AM
It's just too soon in my opinion to ask this question honestly. With the future CBA and other factors, there's no way one could say either way. I do think ToaMaas has the right idea though.

RodH
03-02-2010, 01:49 PM
By saying that KD will have to leave OKC to have a chance to wear a championship ring you are also saying that the Thunder have no chance to win a championship. I think that whatever team KD plays on will have that potential. I think that the Thunder organization and KD share that goal of a championship. I think that there chances are pretty good.

Jethrol
03-06-2010, 08:01 PM
I voted yes because I'm gonna think positively and because I think he's a really good fit for this team and this city. I certainly hope he stays....I love having the 2nd highest scorer for 2010 in the NBA playing right here. He's only .4 points behind LeBron James.......he might just take the title this year.

dmoor82
03-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Well after The interview w/ Magic,I think The Thunder need to sign KD to The MAX contract as soon as The season is over!hopefully KD wasnt just using good PR about The good stuff he said about OKC and really wants to stay here!