View Full Version : Bethany Balloon Fest 2004

Patrick
08-13-2004, 11:15 PM
I went to the Bethany Ballono Fest this evening (Friday). I must say, since Bethany took complete reigns over the festival this year, and OKC has completely backed out altogether, the festival has actually improved. I was much more impressed with the festival this year than in past years. There were a lot more rides and attractions for the kids. There were a lot more hot air balloons. There were tons of arts and crafts booths. The food vendor area was quite large. And the new setting, Eldon Lyon Park in Bethany, was the perfect location for the Balloon Fest.

If you guys get a chance, I encourage you to go. Parking is at Wiley Post airport on the south side, and shuttle buses (PC School Buses) take you over to Eldon Lyon park.

I guess if I had one complaint at all, it was that they could've used more buses, but I think the city of Bethany saw that and will make changes this year.

Anyways, since Bethany has taken complete control of the festival, I think the quality of it has definitely improved.

Just FYI: Besides a craft fair and food vendors, they have the hot air balloons themselves, GW Exotic Park has an animal display, there is a kids fun zone with carnival rides and tons of inflatables, pony rides, karoke, a magic show, live entertainment on stage (tonight it was Edgar Cruze but tomorrow night, Saturday, it's Harvey and the Wallbangers).

Anyways, if you get a chance I encourage you to try to make it down there for the last day, tomorrow, Saturday, August 14th.

The balloons take off at 6:30 PM. If you want to see them make sure you get there a little early so you won't miss them. Many of them return for a night glow show which starts around 8:30 PM. I think tonight there were about 40-50 balloons that participated in the lift off and about 20 that returned for moon glow. This year they actually allowed you to go out onto the balloon field to talk with the balloon operators, see the balloons up close, and even get to fire off a burner if you so desire!

I encourage everyone to try to make it out to Bethany Balloon Fest this year.

Patrick
08-15-2004, 02:18 AM
The link is: http://www.balloonfest.com/2003/2004/

I'll post some pics when I get them developed.

~~*DarlingDiva*~~
08-15-2004, 03:29 AM
Im so sad I missed it again!!!Well Patrick I will anxiously be awaiting the pics!Have a good one!

Patrick
08-15-2004, 11:49 PM
I'll probably get them up here in a few weeks! Have an awesome week DarlingDiva!