View Full Version : unemployment

rxis
02-16-2005, 12:20 PM
Who is unemployed and trying to find a job?
Anyone currently employed and also looking for another job?

I've just started my job search. I can always work in family business but I'd rather look elsewhere.

mranderson
02-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Who is unemployed and trying to find a job?
Anyone currently employed and also looking for another job?

I've just started my job search. I can always work in family business but I'd rather look elsewhere.

Most people on this board are really good about helping each other. You will find us to be great support system.

What are your job skills? What are you looking for? Basically, think job interview and tell us about yourself. May be we can generate some leads.

floater
02-16-2005, 03:53 PM
A couple of links to start you out:

The Daily Oklahoman’s Top Jobs:

http://www.newsok.com/classifieds/topjobs#

Oklahoma Employment Security (with links to job banks)

http://www.oesc.state.ok.us/hot-jobs.shtm

mranderson
02-16-2005, 05:01 PM
In addition. Monster.com, hotjobs.com, and a couple of others.

If you are willing to work call centers, most are hiring. Dell is in a hiring freeze until August. We are trying to lift it because we are short handed. I am always willing to refer someone from this board.

Good luck and do not give up.

Midtowner
02-16-2005, 05:40 PM
Been to college yet? If not, Oklahoma needs a better educated work force. It might be a good time in your life to suck it up, live like a pauper for awhile and get an education.

Zoedith
02-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Floater and Mranderson's links will send you to any and all links you need. Networking is one of the most promising ways of finding a job, so talking to people here about what you want might be beneficial.

I'm employed full time and keeping my options open for another job.

Patrick
02-18-2005, 12:57 AM
Without connections in today's jobmarket, you're up a creek without a paddle. Well, not really! Start out with a personnel service like Express, Talent Tree, etc. They can typically hook you up with a job that meets your requirements. My fiancee recently got a call center job through Express Personnel. She starts Feb. 28th at Oklahoma Natural Gas.