View Full Version : Printers for Mac

positano
02-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Any printer recommendations or comments from Macbook users? Looking for an all-in-one photo printer / scanner / copier. Doesn't need to be professional quality - not using it for business and I'm not a professional photographer. Seems like there are millions to chose from. Most recently looked at something in the Hp Photosmart line.

Jethrol
02-21-2010, 02:04 PM
I'm using the Lexmark x6650 and I love it. It's a wifi printer that works with both my Dell and Mac laptops wirelessly. It's an all-in-one printer that will make copies, fax, print, scan and generally just be awesome. haha

Oh and it was only about $99 at Walmart. The ink cartridges however are quite expensive.

mooshie
02-21-2010, 02:44 PM
I suggest that you research printer and their ink carts.

I have a Lexmark Interpret S405 and it was great until I ran out of black and yellow ink. I thought that I'll just replace the black ink and print in black and white only, but the printer forced me to replace the yellow ink before it would print anything. Universal ink cart refill kits don't work because they put a chip in the carts now. And to top it off, they actually put an expiration date on those ink carts.

skyrick
02-21-2010, 03:13 PM
Any printer recommendations or comments from Macbook users? Looking for an all-in-one photo printer / scanner / copier. Doesn't need to be professional quality - not using it for business and I'm not a professional photographer. Seems like there are millions to chose from. Most recently looked at something in the Hp Photosmart line.

We have an iMac and an HP Photosmart C4280 and it works fine, does all the things you describe except for scanning. It scanned until we upgraded the Mac to Snow Leopard. HP tech support said that model printer won't scan with Snow Leopard, so we need to get another. I'll still go with HP though.

Rick