View Full Version : New Manufacturing Facility in West OKC.

progressiveboy
02-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Just saw in the OKC Review that a Alpharetta GA based company leased the 325,000 ft. former Lucent Technologies Building on Council Road in West OKC for a new facility. The article stated they are hiring and is expected to be in production starting June 2010. This company is doing a total makeover inside the facility. Here is the website.

http://www.cellutissue.com/

okcpulse
02-17-2010, 11:40 AM
I wonder if that would be the 600 jobs coming to OKC?

OKC@heart
02-17-2010, 12:09 PM
Regardless, the fact that they are opening this manufacturing facility is great news for the city. I know that we all want to see high tech and knowledge worker/ fortune 500 corporate type jobs come streaming in but along the way it is fantastic and very needed to have a healthy manufacuring sector as part of the economic pie as well. It is important to build a diverse local economy so that we can continue to weather economic storms of various flavors. So this is great for the city.

okclee
02-17-2010, 12:10 PM
That is right.

Someone has to make toilet paper.

metro
02-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Not sure if this was the 600 jobs I was told about or not, but I will try and find out. Progressiveboy, what is the OKC Review? Can you post a link to the article?

progressiveboy
02-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Not sure if this was the 600 jobs I was told about or not, but I will try and find out. Progressiveboy, what is the OKC Review? Can you post a link to the article? Here is the link.

OKCREview.com Home (http://www.okcreview.com/news)

bombermwc
02-18-2010, 08:48 AM
Hey jobs are jobs right now. And a manufacturing facility is something we should be very excited about. It's not a call center, and it can employ a different market of people that we have a lot of right now. Think of all the GM and Dayton manufacturing folks that would be able to slide into this facility. And with that many folks ready to take the job, they can hire a good high quality work force to keep the facility stable.

foodiefan
02-18-2010, 09:27 AM
. . . and using and existing facility!!

okclee
02-18-2010, 10:08 AM
In this market adding any kind of jobs is very exciting.

MadMonk
02-18-2010, 11:33 AM
They mentioned on the news that this new company will only be using about 25% of the total floor space in that facility. Lots of room for growth and/or other new companies to move in. I toured Lucent's operations years ago. That place is massive. It's great to see that it's beginning to be put to good use again.

bombermwc
02-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Is the disaster recover/colo company still in the building?