View Full Version : origin of stupidity ....

JacobDylan
02-11-2010, 03:30 AM
watch and give your thoughts on the subject. <try not to get offended. but would like to hear from both sides>

YouTube - Origin of Stupidity (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmHN3JtyUXg)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bmUcB80JK0 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bmUcB80JK0)

ronronnie1
02-11-2010, 03:58 AM
Love your videos, Dylan! The Romanian chick is great, and Kirk Cameron is, well, retarded.

USG '60
02-11-2010, 06:14 AM
love your videos, dylan! The romanian chick is great, and kirk cameron is, well, retarded.

ditto

mugofbeer
02-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Hmmm, maybe that's why he hasn't had an acting gig in a while.... (LOL)

Joe Daddy
02-13-2010, 05:07 PM
LOL! Love the Romanian chick.

USG '60
02-13-2010, 05:51 PM
Darwin should not be on the list. He wasn't there and it just removes votes for her. Those two should be added together vis a vis Kirk Cameron.

Joe Daddy
02-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Darwin should not be on the list. He wasn't there and it just removes votes for her. Those two should be added together vis a vis Kirk Cameron.

Well, old Kirk isn't faring too well either way, lol!

metro
02-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Flame bait

JacobDylan
02-14-2010, 01:12 AM
i just wanted to have a poll lol point is kirk is a douche and so is ray comfort

Edmond_Outsider
02-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Metro, don't be so quick to judge. It is possible to be a Christian and have a modern, rational understanding of how science and theology works together.

The romanian chick is smart and articulate. I've watched a few of her commentaries. It's impressive considering english is at least her second--probably third or fourth--language.

metro
02-15-2010, 08:23 AM
Metro, don't be so quick to judge. It is possible to be a Christian and have a modern, rational understanding of how science and theology works together.

The romanian chick is smart and articulate. I've watched a few of her commentaries. It's impressive considering english is at least her second--probably third or fourth--language.

Sure, whatever, but it's not possible to be a true Christian and judge other Christians, or anyone, not without repentance at least. Don't forget if we're both true Christians, we're on the same team (something LC is about the only church that teaches not to church bash and that we're on the same team). Most of the small churches like to bash "megachurches", but in reality, we're playing for the same team. Not a "rational" mindset IMO.

Midtowner
02-15-2010, 11:29 AM
So you would posit that a rational mindset and religion are not compatible?

metro
02-15-2010, 12:03 PM
Christianity teaches absolutes, without absolutes it's all relative.

Midtowner
02-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Christianity teaches absolutes, without absolutes it's all relative.

That's a categorical statement... not accurate in the least. Many Christian denominations deal in shades of gray. I mean to say if all Christianity was dealt in absolutes, then there'd be only one denomination. That clearly not being the case, the religion is a lot more nuanced than you give it credit for.

Joe Daddy
02-15-2010, 03:25 PM
....., the religion is a lot more nuanced than you give it credit for.

True. Lots of different sects picking and choosing what portion of the Bible they will and won't follow literally. Some of those "absolutes" could result in murder and assault charges in most societies today.

proud2Bsooner
02-23-2010, 11:53 AM
True. Lots of different sects picking and choosing what portion of the Bible they will and won't follow literally. Some of those "absolutes" could result in murder and assault charges in most societies today.

To which portions are you referring? You write as if you have specific knowledge of some things that are left out by certain "sects". I can tell you from your last sentence that you are highly misguided.

Joe Daddy
02-24-2010, 05:48 AM
To which portions are you referring? You write as if you have specific knowledge of some things that are left out by certain "sects". I can tell you from your last sentence that you are highly misguided.

So you are saying you follow the Bible verbatim, excluding nothing?

Midtowner
02-24-2010, 07:04 AM
It sounds like he's saying that every Christian follows the Bible verbatim, excluding nothing and interpreted in the same way because the meaning is self-evident.

proud2Bsooner
02-24-2010, 05:28 PM
So you are saying you follow the Bible verbatim, excluding nothing?

I am asking the questions. I am not saying anything. I want to see what you think you know about The Bible.

As far as Midtowner's statement (more like guess) as to what I am saying, I am not saying anything. But I can provide more detail to the empty assertions that ya'll are attempting.

This statement:

"Lots of different sects picking and choosing what portion of the Bible they will and won't follow literally."

...is a typical statement from someone taking verses out of context, and not knowing enough about other verses...coming from one that thinks they have it figured out...attacking the consistency of The Bible.

So if you guys think you have it figured out...

Joe Daddy
02-25-2010, 05:38 AM
I am asking the questions. I am not saying anything. I want to see what you think you know about The Bible.

As far as Midtowner's statement (more like guess) as to what I am saying, I am not saying anything. But I can provide more detail to the empty assertions that ya'll are attempting.

This statement:

"Lots of different sects picking and choosing what portion of the Bible they will and won't follow literally."

...is a typical statement from someone taking verses out of context, and not knowing enough about other verses...coming from one that thinks they have it figured out...attacking the consistency of The Bible.

So if you guys think you have it figured out...

You seem to be suggesting that you have figured the Bible out completely, according to your post above. So you do take the Bible literally, as written, and you don't pick and choose certain sections and commands to obey, and ignore others. Did I get that correct?

Grant
02-26-2010, 11:13 AM
I don't really want to get involved in this little controversy (the "same team" idea is really important), but I believe the entire Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God, thus it's infallible. I do my best to follow every bit of it. That being said, it's important not to point out specific lines, etc. Some people know just enough to get it wrong. Look at it as a whole, as the whole is infallible.

Caboose
03-01-2010, 10:56 AM
I don't really want to get involved in this little controversy (the "same team" idea is really important), but I believe the entire Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God, thus it's infallible. I do my best to follow every bit of it. That being said, it's important not to point out specific lines, etc. Some people know just enough to get it wrong. Look at it as a whole, as the whole is infallible.

LOL. You know that isn't true. It is not even logical.
Your logic asserts that even if EVERY single line in the Bible is wrong on it's own, the Bible taken as a whole is still infallible.