View Full Version : Apartment options in the city core

huskysooner
02-05-2010, 02:15 PM
I know this discussion has been re-hashed time and time again on here, but are there ANY options for apartment living besides the following in the city center? Oh yeah, the requirements are that a mid-20s something girl would not only feel safe walking to and from her car, but enjoy the amenities and finish level of the interior. I'm trying to gauge how starved OKC is AND help a friend find a place.

- Deep Deuce
- The Lincoln at Central Park
- Park Harvey
- Legacy at Arts Quarter
- The Montgomery
- The Sieber
- Random houses and garage apartments in Heritage Hills, Mesta, Nichols Hills, etc.

Let's set the boundaries as:
North - Wilshire
South - I-40
West - May Ave.
East - I-35

Platemaker
02-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Claremont Apartments (http://www.oignet.com/claremont/)

Steve
02-05-2010, 02:36 PM
There are a lot of scattered smaller apartments around and about. NW 13 and Robinson by Beatnix, Fifth Avenue Lofts, The Garage Lofts, and of course, the Regency and Sycamore Square. Also, I believe some of the Lofts at Maywood Park are now rental.

metro
02-05-2010, 02:50 PM
As Steve said, there is also countless smaller apartments (healthy for vibrant city) scattered throughout. Most of which private individuals own. I am selling a condo in MidTown in the next few weeks, probably March for $65,000 if your friend is interested. Garage is gated and secure with cameras, and the interior has high end finishes.

king183
02-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Wow...I didn't realize Maywood and Fifth Avenue were renting their lofts. I may have to look into that.

Also, the Cline looks like it will be a nice rental, though I don't know when it will be finished or what the interiors are like.

MikeOKC
02-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Are you sure you meant Wilshire on the North? That's quite a ways up there and wouldn't be considered the city center by any stretch. Your eastern boundaries of I-35 would include some really bad neighborhoods, too.

rondvu
02-05-2010, 04:33 PM
There is the Aberdeen at 16th and Robinson.

EBAH
02-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Are you sure you meant Wilshire on the North? That's quite a ways up there and wouldn't be considered the city center by any stretch. Your eastern boundaries of I-35 would include some really bad neighborhoods, too.

HAHAHA, I was thinking the exact same thing, my boundaries have always been I-235, Lk Hef Pkwy to the west, and 10th to about 70ish maybe even 63rd.

With all that being out of the way, there are a ton of great rentals along Robinson north out of downtown. A lot of them are actually surprisingly well maintained and have real character. It's also an easy bike ride to everywhere. I've known a ton of people who have lived around there over the years and loved it. Also, there are still a few decent sized apartment buildings in the mid town area. I have no personal knowledge, but I'd guess they stay pretty booked.

jonno
02-05-2010, 05:26 PM
There is the Aberdeen at 16th and Robinson.

I really enjoyed living in the tower portion of the Aberdeen (just feet north of 15th St.). The building is seven stories tall and my apartment was on the sixth floor. All of my windows faced to the south so the view of downtown was awesome. Covered parking was available (I think 25 dollars/month extra) and they installed gates on the parking lot which should help someone feel secure.

soonerguru
02-06-2010, 11:57 AM
As Steve said, there is also countless smaller apartments (healthy for vibrant city) scattered throughout. Most of which private individuals own. I am selling a condo in MidTown in the next few weeks, probably March for $65,000 if your friend is interested. Garage is gated and secure with cameras, and the interior has high end finishes.

Are you staying in MidTown or moving elsewhere? Just curious.

Urban Pioneer
02-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Buckstaff, 2 Apts above Floral & Hardy, stuff on 6th/Shartel