View Full Version : Synthetic Marijuana Under Review

Bunty
02-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Synthetic Marijuana Under Review

They're about ready to ban synthetic marijuana in Kansas. It's sold under the K2 brand name. Would you support banning it in Oklahoma, too?

Here's reviews from actual users of this stuff:

Product review: Will K2 synthetic marijuana get you high? - Kansas City News - Plog (http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2009/11/product_review_will_k2_synthetic_marijuana_get_you _high.php)

kevinpate
02-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Dorothy {deep inhale}: mmmm, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore Toto

Toto: .oO(last time I take this ditz to midget wrasslin')Oo.

Midtowner
02-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Can it harm you in some way?

kevinpate
02-04-2010, 08:37 PM
probably not. I would expect to hear some wingnuts line up in the near future about it being a gateway substance, and swear they must protect the children and outlaw it.

Truthfully, a duffle bag of K2 and a F-150 bed full of near beer would probably liven up a lot of folks I know. Yeah, I really am that dull ... now anyways.

LIL_WAYNE_2012_PREZIDENT
02-04-2010, 08:54 PM
omg where can i get this at?

skyrick
02-04-2010, 09:04 PM
What's the herb, khat?

Bunty
02-04-2010, 10:48 PM
I think it's supposed to be synthetic marijuana mixed in with herbs of some kind.

It's probably just a matter of time before some Oklahoma kid tries K2 and ends up seriously ill in the hospital from it, probably due to an allergic reaction or epileptic fit. The parents will complain about it to their legislators and they will ban it. The legislators won't care if banning K2 will make it more attractive to kids. The legislators just hope to get some good out of their ban by winning reelection.

Thunder
02-05-2010, 03:00 AM
omg where can i get this at?

I have plenty of it. Want to buy some? I have a distributor selling me this at low prices, in turn I sell to make a profit. Discount for you. :tiphat:

Joe Daddy
02-05-2010, 05:47 PM
That was a funny article. I'm like the guy who quit because of paranoia over adult responsibilities, lol.

I think most folks give weed up easily. As to the synthetic stuff, sounds like a waste of money, and who knows what's in it. Doesn't sound wort the 5 minute high. Probably a waste of time to outlaw it, as consumers will likely stop buying it after trying it once, kinda like salvia.

urbanity
05-12-2010, 03:20 PM
K2, herbal incense and alternative to marijuana, recently became illegal | OKG Scene.com (http://www.okgazette.com/p/12776/a/6235/Default.aspx?ReturnUrl=LwBEAGUAZgBhAHUAbAB0AC4AYQB zAHAAeAAslashAHAAPQAxADIANwAyADkA)

Bunty
05-13-2010, 11:17 PM
The artical mentioned head shops. I didn't know head shops were legal in Oklahoma.

Lauri101
05-14-2010, 05:50 AM
There's one at Air Depot and Adair - seems to stay busy, although I've never been in there. Ziggyz is name, I believe.

Back in the day, I was a regular customer at the one on 23rd street - can't remember name, but considering why I frequented the place, that's understandable!

Thunder
05-14-2010, 08:02 AM
What kind of a store is Ziggyz?

Peach fuzz
05-14-2010, 08:34 AM
Wait! so there was synthetic weed that people are raving about and before I even get to read about it it's illegal here... Really makes you wonder about our law makers, just the fact they let booze be legal and this stuff isnt really makes me question every thing about them. It's not hard to see theyre so many possibilities with this area of recreation that we could benefit from. Seriously that alone tells me theyre some idiots in our govt.

USG '60
05-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Idiots in our govt? Forsooth and gadzooks. :omg:

mugofbeer
05-14-2010, 09:41 AM
Does synthetic pot have the same medicinal qualities as the real thing?

soonerfan_in_okc
05-14-2010, 12:22 PM
I smoked some of the "black magic" which is just like k-2. Pretty much you get high for about 30 minutes and then go back to normal. If you wanna waste your money, feel free.

Peach fuzz
05-14-2010, 05:18 PM
Could care less for the stuff now, but the POSSIBILITIES are E N D L E S . . .:Smiley036 heh

skyrick
05-14-2010, 06:00 PM
There's one at Air Depot and Adair - seems to stay busy, although I've never been in there. Ziggyz is name, I believe.

Back in the day, I was a regular customer at the one on 23rd street - can't remember name, but considering why I frequented the place, that's understandable!

Mother's Rock Shop/Art D'cor?

Lauri101
05-15-2010, 04:10 AM

That would be the one! Thanks Skyrick. Spent hours hanging there in early 70's.

Thunder - Ziggyz calls itself a "novelty store". Friends who have been in there call it a "head shop". Novelty store probably passes the initial sniff test for law enforcement.

USG '60
05-15-2010, 06:41 AM

Rick, more percisely, when it was on Paseo and owned by Scott Fulton, it was Mother's Rock Shop. When Richard and Linda Cochran bought it and moved it to 23rd they change the name to Mother's Art D'cor. Richard died suddenly back in the late 70s or early 80s. I have lost track of both Linda and Scott. Anyone know what happened to either of them? I know, OFF TOPIC, sorry. BTW D'cor was far more than just a head shop. :bright_id

Thunder
05-15-2010, 04:38 PM
That would be the one! Thanks Skyrick. Spent hours hanging there in early 70's.

Thunder - Ziggyz calls itself a "novelty store". Friends who have been in there call it a "head shop". Novelty store probably passes the initial sniff test for law enforcement.

So, it is a sex store like Chrsti's Toy Box?

skyrick
05-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Rick, more percisely, when it was on Paseo and owned by Scott Fulton, it was Mother's Rock Shop. When Richard and Linda Cochran bought it and moved it to 23rd they change the name to Mother's Art D'cor. Richard died suddenly back in the late 70s or early 80s. I have lost track of both Linda and Scott. Anyone know what happened to either of them? I know, OFF TOPIC, sorry. BTW D'cor was far more than just a head shop. :bright_id

I knew it changed names, wasn't sure when. I lived two blocks from Paseo and would go to Mother's and flip through literally every album there. God there were some great album covers back then. I also remember they sold San Francisco concert posters. I bought a cool psychedelic one for The 13th Floor Elevators (Texas band, some say the very 1st psychedelic band) & Quicksilver Messenger Service, (the most underrated SF band, John Cippolina was amazing) at The Avalon Ballroom for $1.25. Man, that thing would be worth a couple of grand now. Reprints are going for a couple hundred on Bay; I don't think I would have ever sold it though.

I just took a minute and found that actual poster here:
Family Dog No. 28 | Psychedelic Art Exchange (http://www.psychedelicart.com/concertposters/concertpostergallery/family-dog-28/#portmain)
Very cool site.

Edit: Sorry, that was WAY OT, except that the music and posters were really cool with that "other" MJ, i.e. not the synthetic kind.

USG '60
05-16-2010, 06:47 AM
The whole idea of fake pot is kinda sad, ain't it, Rick? I wonder what my "Dallas" festival poster and my Janis Joplin's first OKC visit posters are worth. Is there a way to find out? Damn, it is hard to stay on the topic in this condition. :sofa:

rcjunkie
05-16-2010, 07:34 AM
Can't wait to smoke some synthetic weed, get my synthetic buzz, get the synthetic munchies and snack on some synthetic grub.