View Full Version : Thunder Intro Video...

warreng88
01-31-2010, 09:03 PM
For those of you that have not had the chance to go to a Thunder game this year, here is the intro video:

YouTube - Oklahoma City Thunder pre-game intro video (2009) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZSw7XrmIbU)

The quality of this is not as good as the actual video (because a person is shooting it from their seats) but you get the idea.

skyrick
01-31-2010, 09:22 PM
You're kidding me? They don't use "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC? I thought that would be the natural choice when they named the team! To explain my ignorance, I've lived in TX for 22 yrs, so have never been to a Thunder game

Maybe they couldn't secure the rights.

Rick

YouTube - AC/DC - Thunderstruck (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvoeeq-BH4w)

CCOKC
01-31-2010, 09:51 PM
They use Thunderstruck at the beginning of the 4th Quarter to get people off their seats.

betts
01-31-2010, 11:10 PM
They used Thunderstruck for the opening video last year, and I suppose wanted to do something different this year. I miss it at the beginning of the game, though.

OKC Thunder Fans - Oklahoma City NBA — Oklahoma City NBA - Fans of the Thunder (http://www.okcthunderfans.com)

skyrick
02-01-2010, 05:39 AM
They use Thunderstruck at the beginning of the 4th Quarter to get people off their seats.

Oh, OK. Like I said, it seems like it would be a natural for that team. BTW, I didn't like the name "Thunder" when they named the team, don't like any singular team names, e.g. Magic, Jazz etc. It has grown on me though.

BDP
02-01-2010, 03:53 PM
don't like any singular team names, e.g. Magic, Jazz

I'm not sure if Thunder, Magic, or Jazz (or Heat) are singular. They don't end with an S, but if they are singular, their plurals would be spelled the same.

skyrick
02-01-2010, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure if Thunder, Magic, or Jazz (or Heat) are singular. They don't end with an S, but if they are singular, their plurals would be spelled the same.

But with a plural name you can say stuff like, "And the gangly Celtic face plants out of bounds." or "That's one angry Laker".

"He's my favorite Thunder" or "Someone needs to explain the rules to that Magic" sound awkward though.

Rick

LIL_WAYNE_2012_PREZIDENT
02-01-2010, 04:54 PM
But with a plural name you can say stuff like, "And the gangly Celtic face plants out of bounds." or "That's one angry Laker".

"He's my favorite Thunder" or "Someone needs to explain the rules to that Magic" sound awkward though.

Rick

Is that really your reason for not liking it?

skyrick
02-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Is that really your reason for not liking it?

Isn't that what I just said?

LIL_WAYNE_2012_PREZIDENT
02-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Isn't that what I just said?

well i have to just:LolLolLol:LolLolLol at that

why dont u just learn something about bball and learn their name

skyrick
02-01-2010, 07:36 PM
well i have to just:LolLolLol:LolLolLol at that

why dont u just learn something about bball and learn their name

???? I know about "bball". But I'm not an NBA or NFL, or NHL fan. Thug sports. I'm glad that OKC finally got a professional team besides the Sooners, but my tastes lie with NCAA football and MLB. And I know their name, too. Unlax, Waynie.

BOOMER SOONER!
&
LET'S GO RANGERS!!

LIL_WAYNE_2012_PREZIDENT
02-01-2010, 08:41 PM
???? I know about "bball". But I'm not an NBA or NFL, or NHL fan. Thug sports. I'm glad that OKC finally got a professional team besides the Sooners, but my tastes lie with NCAA football and MLB. And I know their name, too. Unlax, Waynie.

BOOMER SOONER!
&
LET'S GO RANGERS!!

o id bet anything i own that my sports iq is higher than yours

skyrick
02-01-2010, 09:12 PM
o id bet anything i own that my sports iq is higher than yours

You're the only one who cares.

Grant
03-02-2010, 02:48 PM
I did a search, but couldn't find anything...

Who actually performs the version of Thunderstruck the team used last season? It can't be AC/DC since it says something like "OKC, Thunderstruck" in it. I know Hinder did a cover, and they're from here, but the album version doesn't say OKC in it. Anybody know?

Richard at Remax
03-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Hinder. unfortunately.

rod4soonrs
03-02-2010, 03:39 PM
THUNDER: Thunder Video Player (http://www.nba.com/thunder/video/2010/03/01/09102ndHALFOPEN226Computerm4v-1244470/index.html)

Jethrol
03-11-2010, 11:09 PM
What I thought was funny was when we were in Sacramento this last week and it was kind of a close game. The Kings could have rallied as our shooting got cold and they would have won it. However to fire up the crowd, they started playing Thunderstruck!! I was cracking up because that's the last song you want to play when the Thunder come visiting and you're currently behind.
:LolLolLol