View Full Version : What Happened to Harv's?

king183
01-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Does anyone know what happened to Harv's bbq? I loved that place and it seems to have just disappeared. Did Journey Church kick them out of their parking lot?

blangtang
01-31-2010, 11:25 PM
I heard son and/or daughter took it over and didn't know what they were doing. who knows?

Puppet
02-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Wow... apparently its been a while since I've been there... Last time I checked it was still in the bowling alley parking lot.. Journey Church?

It was not the best BBQ I have had but above average...

twade
02-08-2010, 08:10 AM
The bowling alley closed over the summer, and the church moved in. I saw them moving the trailer about a month or two ago. I have heard that the church wouldn't let them stay- It seems like they needed the parking.

venture
02-15-2010, 11:52 AM
The deal with Journey Church was shady as hell - go figure. AMF had been trying to buy the building for a few years but was told the building wasn't for sale (they were leasing). Then Journey came in and magically was able to get it right away in a short amount of time. They gave AMF about 30-45 days to pack their stuff and get out. I would assume the same was told to Harv's. Definitely a shame that Harv's got the boot too.

I would guess either the building owner had ties to the church or got a nice tax kick back for selling to a "non-profit".

rcjunkie
02-16-2010, 09:38 AM
The deal with Journey Church was shady as hell - go figure. AMF had been trying to buy the building for a few years but was told the building wasn't for sale (they were leasing). Then Journey came in and magically was able to get it right away in a short amount of time. They gave AMF about 30-45 days to pack their stuff and get out. I would assume the same was told to Harv's. Definitely a shame that Harv's got the boot too.

I would guess either the building owner had ties to the church or got a nice tax kick back for selling to a "non-profit".

Sounds like a wise businessman to me, if this is true, can you honestly say you wouldn't have done the same.

ddavidson8
02-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Where is this?

venture
02-16-2010, 11:03 AM
[/COLOR]

Sounds like a wise businessman to me, if this is true, can you honestly say you wouldn't have done the same.

Not saying it wasn't a wise business move, however the method it was carried out was shady. I kinda believe you can do great in business, without pissing in the eye of everyone around you. Granted not everyone allows morals and ethics to get in there way when money is on the line, but I just choose to not associate with them. : )

venture
02-16-2010, 11:04 AM
Where is this?

It was on East Lindsey just to the east of 12th...near Chicken Express and Church's.

silvergrove
02-16-2010, 12:43 PM
I used to live near that area when I was in undergrad. I always saw that Harv's BBQ on my way to class and wondered if it was any good. Oh well.

blangtang
02-18-2010, 09:35 PM
guy i know who works at the 711 across the street said he talked to the owners recently and they've moved it out to little axe. the church wanted more parking space.

JimTrabersColostomyBag
03-03-2010, 08:37 PM
I found Harve's....180th and Highway 9......for sale

king183
03-09-2010, 02:22 PM
I found Harve's....180th and Highway 9......for sale

Damn it!