View Full Version : Office without power

Nextlevel
01-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Does anyone know where you can go to operate your business if your office doesn't have power or heat?

fuzzytoad
01-28-2010, 08:07 PM
your vehicle?

okccoco.com?

dustyburchfield
01-28-2010, 08:10 PM
I've heard that the old Lucent plant has a place that you can go to if you have any type of business disruption. I believe their website is okcworks.com

kbsooner
01-28-2010, 08:54 PM
I would suspect some more info about your venture would help...

Millie
01-28-2010, 09:03 PM
Starbucks?

kbsooner
01-28-2010, 09:04 PM
I ate a mean sandwich and took care of some business at Panera last week in Cali.

kevinpate
01-28-2010, 10:21 PM
When the Dec. 07 ice storm hit, we dinna have power at work for several days (dumb ol' ice laden trees anyhows).

I had home office IT arrange for phones to be forwarded to the cell and I hung a sign noting the cell on the main doors. I then snarfed up a laptop, a passle of paperwork and made sure the cell was set to vibrate. For several days I plopped in corner tables of casual foodie places in other parts of the city which (a) had power, (b) weren't crowded and (c) had an outlet near the corner table.

I packed up and switched locations anytime a place got busy, so the table could turn better income. When a place included wait staff, I tipped generously, even if I was only drinking black coffee or soda.

In a different field in days gone by, and back in the student days, I would sometimes do the same, even in decent weather. By never being a pill and always treating folks well, I've never been run off when corner camping.

metro
01-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Buy a generator, your house, or go to anywhere with free wi-fi, or buy a membership to OKC Co-Co.

Nextlevel
01-29-2010, 12:01 PM
I have found it!!! At the former Western Electric/Lucent facility they have the Business Continuity Center and a data center. They will rent you as many cubicals as you need, and data center space. Has anyone heard of this? I knew they renamed the facility to OKCWorks and that they had data center space but didn't realize they had office space in case of a disaster.

PennyQuilts
01-29-2010, 07:47 PM
I ate a mean sandwich and took care of some business at Panera last week in Cali.

I used to do that quite a bit.

PennyQuilts
01-29-2010, 07:49 PM
I have found it!!! At the former Western Electric/Lucent facility they have the Business Continuity Center and a data center. They will rent you as many cubicals as you need, and data center space. Has anyone heard of this? I knew they renamed the facility to OKCWorks and that they had data center space but didn't realize they had office space in case of a disaster.

You can get virtual offices that have office equipment, meeting rooms, etc. They don't seem to be very expensive. Sometimes, you can get clerk help and even phone answering services.

Deuce3
02-01-2010, 11:35 AM
I know FullTel (a local Oklahoma business Telephone company) offers business phone and internet service and includes a business continuity center and data back up with your phone and internet service.

scootinger
02-01-2010, 09:37 PM
buy a membership to OKC Co-Co.

Do they have some sort of generator setup or something? What guarantees that their power won't be out too?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-02-2010, 12:05 AM
Buy a generator, your house, or go to anywhere with free wi-fi, or buy a membership to OKC Co-Co.

Curious, but I've seen a couple of people mention it...What's OKC Co-Co?

muzique808
02-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Curious, but I've seen a couple of people mention it...What's OKC Co-Co?

Oklahoma City Co-working Collaborative.

Coworking at The Oklahoma City Coworking Collaborative (http://okccoco.com/?page_id=36)

Oh GAWD the Smell!
02-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Oh cool.

Thanks.