View Full Version : Lack of Birth Control regrets

gmwise
01-24-2010, 07:07 AM
Chad Istook arrested again.

The Norman Transcript - Chad Istook arrested again (http://www.normantranscript.com/localnews/local_story_022011544)

skyrick
01-24-2010, 08:04 AM
Chad Istook arrested again.

The Norman Transcript - Chad Istook arrested again (http://www.normantranscript.com/localnews/local_story_022011544)

Having lived in TX for 22 years I've never heard of the young man. Sounds like this kid is the Bryce Baggett Jr for the 21st century. Istook still has a way to go to match BB Jr's news output.

Rick

kevinpate
01-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Even though growing up with a well known parent isn't always easy, a variety of other issues apparently also exist for this young adult. Hopefully he will find his path soon enough.

gmwise
01-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Whats sad is the refusal to keep him in treatment.
His course will either be prison, or death.

kevinpate
01-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Nah, there are other options. May have to ride a bus until the correct tag gets back on the car, but there are other available options.

PennyQuilts
01-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Whats sad is the refusal to keep him in treatment.
His course will either be prison, or death.

As an adult, they can't keep him in treatment against his will absent help from the courts as part of parole or probation, or having him involuntarily admitted on mental health grounds. Freedom is a constitutional right afforded the highest protection.

He doesn't sound like he meets the criteria for involuntary mental health treatment. And even if he is currently on on probation or parole he might have already finished a course of treatment and now has relapsed - that is so common for people with SA problems that you expect it. I don't know if he has SA problems but it sounds like it. You can't just lock people up because they "might" misbehave, or order them to remain in treatment indefinitely for the crud this guy has done - pretty petty stuff for the most part.

But he's misbehaved, now, and might get locked up for a stretch/sent to treatment, depending on his record. If treatment hasn't worked in the past, they may just lock him up for a time and call it good. Until he gets out, again. He may just have bad brain circuitry - there is no fixing some people. They are just wired wrong. I feel bad for him and his family.