View Full Version : Famous Cajun Grill

Bigrayok
01-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Anyone noticed in Qual Springs and Penn Square Malls they have places in the food court called Famous Cajun Grill that do not serve cajun food but asian food? They have a dish they call Bourbon Chicken that is not a Cajun dish at all. I guess implying some Bourbon Street connection to a chicken dish makes it Cajun.

Bigray in Ok

Martin
01-22-2010, 12:21 PM
yes. i consider it one of life's mysteries.

-M

Debzkidz
01-22-2010, 04:24 PM
I think almost every mall in this country has one of those places. Nasty. Very Nasty.

alan
01-22-2010, 10:54 PM
actually, as mall food goes, it is one of the few places i will eat.

kevinpate
01-23-2010, 05:50 AM
Never tried the place, but I don't really grasp the whole mall food concept.

It's been so very long since I ever even thought about staying at a mall long enough to get hungry while I was there. Don't like the places all that much.

PennyQuilts
01-23-2010, 07:26 AM
That reminds me of my only food court story.

I knew an all but confirmed bachelor - a brilliant, shy, professional man - who decided in his mid forties that he needed a wife and children. So he needed a younger woman. For some reason that is a mystery to me, he asked if I knew anyone. I didn't. He managed to find some lady on his own and confided that they were going on their first date and he was taking her to the food court so she would have a choice of types of food. I was speechless. Good friend that I am, I didn't try to talk him out of it.

The woman he asked out is a sensible, kind soul and they've been married nearly 15 happy years. No kids but they are happy. And she wasn't THAT much younger.

She is also a great cook.