View Full Version : Equipment store - 23rd & Walker

wsucougz
01-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Looks like it's on the market:

http://www.loopnet.com/Attachments/C/D/5/CD5D2763-0D5D-4A30-9A69-2C4D983B153E.pdf

This is a key component to the gentrification of NW 23rd street, but $1.5 mil seems pretty high.

EBAH
01-21-2010, 11:39 AM
OH THANK GOD! I've been wishing this building would go up for sale, almost to the level of BURNING DESIRE. This could be GREAT retail space, and if I remember correctly, it also has something like a theater space in it? The price probably is a bit high, but it's a published asking price so I'm sure there is a lot of dealing that could take place. Having said that, that much prime frontage on 23rd could be a VERY valuable thing if the area really gathers steam. This is the best news I've gotten from this board in a long time!

oneforone
01-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Is this same building as Hotel/Motel Liquidation?

I heard a going out of business sale commerical for them on the radio the other day.

EBAH
01-21-2010, 11:47 AM
yep

warreng88
01-21-2010, 11:50 AM

I heard a going out of business sale commerical for them on the radio the other day.

Yes, it is the same place.

I am wondering what kind of place can go in there. There is virtually no parking and the space is 37,000 square feet. I guess some sort of design or ad agency could go in there. I would love to see it turned into some sort of market, but again the lack of parking could rule that out real fast.

wsucougz
01-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Does the same guy own the "Ed Stamps Center" across the street?

onthestrip
01-21-2010, 12:54 PM
To make it a feasible re-use project this price would have to come below 1 mil, especially with the lack of parking.

khook
01-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Parking could be to the North or behind the front. If any recall at one time there at been a proposal to locate a grocery store along this corridor. The chain that was looking at it wanted to move the building to the back and put the parking along 23rd. This was not acceptable to planners or the community. Also I don't remember any theater space in this space. Remember this was an Evan's furniture location at one time. When Evans was the big name in town.

USG '60
01-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Parking could be to the North or behind the front. If any recall at one time there at been a proposal to locate a grocery store along this corridor. The chain that was looking at it wanted to move the building to the back and put the parking along 23rd. This was not acceptable to planners or the community. Also I don't remember any theater space in this space. Remember this was an Evan's furniture location at one time. When Evans was the big name in town.

And Rothchild's etc before that.

jstaylor62
01-21-2010, 02:18 PM

http://www.loopnet.com/Attachments/C/D/5/CD5D2763-0D5D-4A30-9A69-2C4D983B153E.pdf

This is a key component to the gentrification of NW 23rd street, but $1.5 mil seems pretty high.

Considering the theme of the street, it could be either a really big tattoo/piercing parlor or a Pho house...

neverontime
01-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Considering the theme of the street, it could be either a really big tattoo/piercing parlor or a Pho house...

Oh no! We don't want the former. The latter,Pho shop, is always cool with me but I think the market is a little saturated. Something unique must take the place of the current junk hawkers that currently disgrace the building.

circuitboard
01-21-2010, 03:19 PM

So glad to hear this, I hate that building and the hotel business in it, so trash looking. I really hope someone does something cool with this. If I had a spare million laying around, I would buy it make nice retail shops for lease. Also I know this sounds crazy, but could a whole foods work in this spot?

soonerguru
01-21-2010, 03:41 PM
This is good news! 1.5 does seem steep in this market.

Spartan
01-21-2010, 03:46 PM

They've been "Going out of Business!" for like.. 5 years..

Or to compliment the awesome diversity along NW 23rd, something else entirely.

khook
01-21-2010, 07:49 PM
No you missed what they had said before - GOING OUT FOR BUSINESS. Tricky little phrase that almost everyone read another way.

Architect2010
01-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Honestly, they could put parking in the back like a lot of the businesses do, ala Cheevers and the Cottages if it's possible. Or, they can do without parking and customers might have to park a block away or across the street. It's not a biggie.

I do see a problem with that 1.5 million price tag without said designated parking however.