View Full Version : Concerned Oklahomans form Oklahomans Against CAIR Hate

Pages : [1] 2

Major
01-15-2010, 07:37 AM
Consider attending a "Town Hall" meeting organized by CAIR-OK to push forward their anti-airport profiling agenda tonight in Moore, Oklahoma at Melody Hall, 2280 North Broadway St. at 7 PM. CAIR chapters all across the country will try to get as many liberals to join with them on their cause.

5th District Congressional candidate Kevin Calvey called for a civil protest at this townhall meeting. Plan to arrive early to let your views been known on terrorism since CAIR doesn't seem to get it.

CAIR, was named an unindicted co-conspirator in the Holy Land Foundation Hamas terror funding trial for their relationship, either now or in the past, to the Muslim Brotherhood, an Islamist supremacist global organization and/or Hamas. Their efforts to remove their names from this list failed! This is the reason why the FBI broke of their relationship with CAIR. The only letter made public by the FBI on this split specifically named CAIR-OK.

Razi Hashmi, the director of CAIR-OK actually shilled for Hamas last Janaury in a NewsOK article!

Be at the townhall if you can.

Thanks

CAIR OK press release:

http://www.cair.com/ArticleDetails.aspx?ArticleID=26205&&name=n&&currPage=1&&Active=1

More information on CAIR-OK:

http://ztruth.typepad.com/ztruth/cair-oklahoma/

UPDATE 10:42 AM: More information: CAIR-Oklahoma is a chapter of the Council of American Islamic Relations which is based in Washington, D.C. CAIR is a very controversial Islamic organization with years of history and documentations. They have been linked to the Muslim Brotherhood in federal court documents. You would need to spend hours studying all the data. I suggest everyone take the time to do some research.

I did provide links to other posts about CAIR-OK that provides information about this organization here in Oklahoma. Reading them might help.

I suspect CAIR doesn't like the latest profiling of citizens coming to American from Islamic countries that was put in place after the "underwear" bomber's bomb failed to explode aboard a jet on Christmas Day. Their press release provdes more information you should read. CAIR claims more profiling like this is a victory for terrorists!

Here's the link to Hashmi's quote at NEWSOK shilling for Hamas. It is under the video.

http://newsok.com/group-protests-gaza-unrest-at-oklahoma-state-capitol/article/3335645

Here's the letter from the FBI in Oklahoma:

http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/cair_letter.pdf

OKCTalker
01-15-2010, 09:22 AM
OK, with all of your inside references, I don't have a clue to what you're talking about. Who/What is "CAIR-OK?" What's "anti-airport profiling?" The FBI had a "relationship" with a conspiring organization in a terror trial? What "letter" are you talking about?

Isn't there a separate forum for unintelligible threads?

warreng88
01-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Isn't there a separate forum for unintelligible threads?

Yeah, I think it is the political forum...

Midtowner
01-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Why would anyone be against better relations with the Islamic community?

-- buncha xenophobic idjits..

fuzzytoad
01-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Why would anyone be against better relations with the Islamic community?

-- buncha xenophobic idjits..

dunno, why would anyone be against using common sense in airport security screening?

Why must one have anything to do with the other?

Midtowner
01-15-2010, 12:04 PM
So you want our government to keep a database which indicates what everyone's religion is? If we go to a different church, will we have to fill out paperwork with the FBI or with the church?

Could this maybe be a slight overreaction to something which at worst would have been tragic, but only fatal to about .00006% of the population? Keep in mind, 115 folks die per day in auto collisions.

So maybe, just maybe, the position that we need to do anything at all lacks perspective?
Maybe it's overreaction?

fuzzytoad
01-15-2010, 12:08 PM
So you want our government to keep a database which indicates what everyone's religion is? If we go to a different church, will we have to fill out paperwork with the FBI or with the church?

Could this maybe be a slight overreaction to something which at worst would have been tragic, but only fatal to about .00006% of the population? Keep in mind, 115 folks die per day in auto collisions.

So maybe, just maybe, the position that we need to do anything at all lacks perspective?
Maybe it's overreaction?

No, I think what you're doing right now is overreacting.

Major
01-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Al Qaeda has declared war against us! Once in 1996 and again in 1998. They and their affiliates want to take down our country over time. In th process, they will keep on planning attacks.

The extra security steps are reasonable since 99.999999% of terrorists are Muslims.

Partnering up with CAIR and other unindicted co-conspirators in a Hamas funding case does not help the greater Muslim community in Oklahoma. I believe it hurts them greatly.

Midtowner
01-15-2010, 12:18 PM
No, I think what you're doing right now is overreacting.

How is suggesting that there be no reaction at all overreacting?

Would I be reacting appropriately if somehow I suggested something less than inaction? Is that even possible?

Midtowner
01-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Al Qaeda has declared war against us! Once in 1996 and again in 1998. They and their affiliates want to take down our country over time. In th process, they will keep on planning attacks.

The extra security steps are reasonable since 99.999999% of terrorists are Muslims.

Partnering up with CAIR and other unindicted co-conspirators in a Hamas funding case does not help the greater Muslim community in Oklahoma. I believe it hurts them greatly.

Fact: 1/2 of successful terrorist attacks perpetrated on U.S. soil have been perpetrated by non-Muslims. So maybe the vast majority of terrorists are Muslim (do you have a source for that?)

But 50% of the successful ones are non-Muslim. So by your math, we ought to go after one side of the 50% in a disproportionate manner.

Also, Hamas has attacked the United States fewer times than Israel has. I'm a supporter of the Jewish state and would love to see Hamas go away, but your reasoning and facts are a bit off base.

fuzzytoad
01-15-2010, 12:24 PM
"So you want our government to keep a database which indicates what everyone's religion is? If we go to a different church, will we have to fill out paperwork with the FBI or with the church?" = you Overreacting

If 10 muslims try to carry a weapon thru a checkpoint, it's a pretty safe bet that the next person to do so will be a muslim, not a little old white lady or an infant.

Common sense says to search the muslim. your doom-and-gloom "Big Brother will keep track of us all!!!!!" nonsense is the exact type of overreacting that serves no purpose.

fuzzytoad
01-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Fact: 1/2 of successful terrorist attacks perpetrated on U.S. soil have been perpetrated by non-Muslims. So maybe the vast majority of terrorists are Muslim (do you have a source for that?)

Hmm, but in the past 10 years, 100% of them have been by Muslims.

**Edit: And before you try to go there, Seung-Hui Cho was mentally ill and Perez getting punched wasn't a terrorist attack.

Major
01-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Midtown said "Fact: 1/2 of successful terrorist attacks perpetrated on U.S. soil have been perpetrated by non-Muslims."

Where is your source for this fact?

Here's a link to terror attacks and foiled plots that goes back a number of years.

2010 terror plots, trials, money laundering and more... (http://ztruth.typepad.com/ztruth/2010-terror-plots-trials-money-laundering-and-more.html)

Major
01-15-2010, 12:46 PM
You may want to also read the level of concern about recent intelligence regarding the possibility of another attack.

CNN: 'Palpable level of angst' over terror threat
Source: 'Palpable level of angst' over terror threat - CNN.com (http://edition.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/01/15/us.al.qaeda.targets/)

soonerguru
01-15-2010, 12:46 PM

**Edit: And before you try to go there, Seung-Hui Cho was mentally ill and Perez getting punched wasn't a terrorist attack.

This is not true. There have been more terrorist attacks than you're counting here, such as the one on the abortion doctor in Kansas, the Holocaust Museum in DC, and the church in Tennessee.

Let's not forget the attack in 1995 against our Federal building in OKC.

Also, racial profiling could miss potential terrorists. How hard would it be, for example, for someone to recruit a non-Middle Eastern looking terrorist to carry out a plot?

I agree with Midtowner on this issue. CAIR as an organization serves a worthy purpose.

MODS: PLEASE MOVE THIS TO THE POLITICAL BOARD.

Midtowner
01-15-2010, 01:03 PM
"So you want our government to keep a database which indicates what everyone's religion is? If we go to a different church, will we have to fill out paperwork with the FBI or with the church?" = you Overreacting

If 10 muslims try to carry a weapon thru a checkpoint, it's a pretty safe bet that the next person to do so will be a muslim, not a little old white lady or an infant.

Common sense says to search the muslim. your doom-and-gloom "Big Brother will keep track of us all!!!!!" nonsense is the exact type of overreacting that serves no purpose.

How does a computer identify a Muslim?

Midtowner
01-15-2010, 01:05 PM

And in the past 15 years, 50%.

Is 15 years so much more remote and irrelevant than 8 years? Especially when the current U.S. militia/separatist movement is as in full swing right now as it's ever been?

Midtowner
01-15-2010, 01:06 PM
More lives would be saved subsidizing safety equipment in cars than will be saved spending even more on airplane security. Terrorism will always be a risk of flying just like roadside snipers and carjackings are always risks of driving.

fuzzytoad
01-15-2010, 01:08 PM
How does a computer identify a Muslim?

what are you talking about?

The topic of this thread is airport profiling. Last time I checked, there weren't computers at the airport security checkpoints making decisions on who to search.

fuzzytoad
01-15-2010, 01:09 PM
And in the past 15 years, 50%.

Is 15 years so much more remote and irrelevant than 8 years? Especially when the current U.S. militia/separatist movement is as in full swing right now as it's ever been?

ok, I give.. What non-Muslim airline terrorist attack happened in the U.S. in the last 15 years?

fuzzytoad
01-15-2010, 01:13 PM
This is not true. There have been more terrorist attacks than you're counting here, such as the one on the abortion doctor in Kansas, the Holocaust Museum in DC, and the church in Tennessee.

Let's not forget the attack in 1995 against our Federal building in OKC.

Also, racial profiling could miss potential terrorists. How hard would it be, for example, for someone to recruit a non-Middle Eastern looking terrorist to carry out a plot?

I agree with Midtowner on this issue. CAIR as an organization serves a worthy purpose.

MODS: PLEASE MOVE THIS TO THE POLITICAL BOARD.

yeah, umm, those didn't happen in airplanes, or anywhere near an airport(AFAIK), therefore the "airport profiling" mentioned in the title of this thread and the basis for the townhall meeting tonight would have absolutely nothing to do with them.

I am, however, with you on missing potential terrorists because of profiling.. My counter to that is that if the FBI and Homeland Security were allowed to do their job correctly, they would be able to monitor any potential recruiters and be able to investigate non-Muslims who may enter countries where know recruitment and/or training has been happening.

Midtowner
01-15-2010, 01:32 PM
ok, I give.. What non-Muslim airline terrorist attack happened in the U.S. in the last 15 years?

Why limit the inquiry to airlines?

Midtowner
01-15-2010, 01:33 PM

The topic of this thread is airport profiling. Last time I checked, there weren't computers at the airport security checkpoints making decisions on who to search.

Ah.. so search the brown people then? How by looking at someone can you tell they are Muslim?

fuzzytoad
01-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Why limit the inquiry to airlines?

because the topic of the thread is "CAIR-OK town hall meeting on airport profiling is tonight!"

Midtowner
01-15-2010, 01:36 PM
because the topic of the thread is "CAIR-OK town hall meeting on airport profiling is tonight!"

Right.. and I'm saying airport security is not a major concern.

We can't prevent every attack, no matter how much we spend. At some point, there's a point of diminishing returns and we're likely well past that by now.

Any additional money could be put to better use elsewhere.

fuzzytoad
01-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Ah.. so search the brown people then? How by looking at someone can you tell they are Muslim?

Like you said.. they're usually brown.

Insensitive? yep.

I'd rather be a live insensitive person than a dead politically correct one.

fuzzytoad
01-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Right.. and I'm saying airport security is not a major concern.

We can't prevent every attack, no matter how much we spend. At some point, there's a point of diminishing returns and we're likely well past that by now.

Any additional money could be put to better use elsewhere.

how much we spend? additional money? what are you talking about?

PROFILING.

Read the title of the thread.

Read the first post in the thread.

Midtowner
01-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Like you said.. they're usually brown.

Insensitive? yep.

I'd rather be a live insensitive person than a dead politically correct one.

The last fella was black. Are you also going to add additional security for all black folks?

And we had John Walker Lindh picked up in Afghanistan not too long ago... there are definitely some white folks in Al Quaeda. So your color profiling will obviously work quite well.

fuzzytoad
01-15-2010, 01:44 PM
The last fella was black. Are you also going to add additional security for all black folks?

And we had John Walker Lindh picked up in Afghanistan not too long ago... there are definitely some white folks in Al Quaeda. So your color profiling will obviously work quite well.

was he black or just dark brown? I've yet to see a truly black person.

And yeah, John Walker Lindh was picked up. In Afghanistan. Not the US, Not at an airport. Read my other posts on how I feel about picking up recruits/potential recruits.

ronronnie1
01-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Blatent racism. Don't forget to wear your white sheets!

Midtowner
01-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Pretty much.

fuzzytoad
01-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Blatent racism. Don't forget to wear your white sheets!

It's spelled "Blatant" sweetheart.

And profiling is just as "racist" as what insurance companies, hospitals and pretty much every female on the planet do on a daily basis.

It's not my fault typical Muslims aren't blond-haired, blue-eyed caucasians.

Furthermore, you have no idea what race or religion I am ronronnie1. The fact that you're assuming I'm something other than a brown muslim leads me to believe that you are being racist towards me.

soonerguru
01-15-2010, 02:37 PM
MODS: PLEASE MOVE THIS TO THE POLITICAL FORUM.

Thanks in advance.

OKCTalker
01-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Was everyone instructed to stop taking their meds earlier this week, and then get on OKC Talk? I didn't see the memo on that.

positano
01-15-2010, 02:53 PM
"Right.. and I'm saying airport security is not a major concern. "

An interesting position. I suspect you will find that very few, if any, qualified and informed individuals in the intelligence or law enforcement community agree. A bit of research of the open source material, whether from AQ members and supporters or intelligence data, might cause you to revisit your opinion. To the extent you are suggesting we tend nationally to focus on prior attacks to the neglect of prediction of future attacks, I would agree. Flawless airport security will not defeat terrorism. Nonetheless, airport security will always be a major concern.

hoya
01-15-2010, 03:01 PM
This is retarded.

Every attempted terror attack since 9/11 has made it through airport security. I have yet to see a single incident where the guy was stopped by a metal detector. You know why they were stopped? Because the people on the plane became pro-active. "Hey, that guy has a bomb. Kick his ass!"

Airport security couldn't find its ass with both hands. Let the FBI keep up its investigations, it's doing a good job. Make sure people are vigilant on planes, they've been doing that. Let airport security worry about grandma having some fingernail clippers, because that's all they do.

positano
01-15-2010, 03:09 PM
This is retarded.

Every attempted terror attack since 9/11 has made it through airport security. I have yet to see a single incident where the guy was stopped by a metal detector. You know why they were stopped? Because the people on the plane became pro-active. "Hey, that guy has a bomb. Kick his ass!"

Airport security couldn't find its ass with both hands. Let the FBI keep up its investigations, it's doing a good job. Make sure people are vigilant on planes, they've been doing that. Let airport security worry about grandma having some fingernail clippers, because that's all they do.

Not a fan of the thread either, but you are misinformed about the efficiency of airport security (it churns my stomach a little to use the word "efficiency" in the same sentence as "airport security", but I'm not putting much thought into this). Again, researching open source accounts of AQ (perhaps other terrorist groups as well, but I don't know that for certain) should reveal to you their frustrations with airport security, but will likewise tell you that it doesn't mean they will quit probing. Fly an Israeli airline sometime.

Major
01-15-2010, 03:30 PM
I'll ask again. Midtown, what is your source for your statment: "Fact: 1/2 of successful terrorist attacks perpetrated on U.S. soil have been perpetrated by non-Muslims."

It would be helpful to have this to back up your statement. Otherwise, it appears you have provided inaccurate information.

ronronnie1
01-15-2010, 03:51 PM
It's spelled "Blatant" sweetheart.

And profiling is just as "racist" as what insurance companies, hospitals and pretty much every female on the planet do on a daily basis.

It's not my fault typical Muslims aren't blond-haired, blue-eyed caucasians.

Furthermore, you have no idea what race or religion I am ronronnie1. The fact that you're assuming I'm something other than a brown muslim leads me to believe that you are being racist towards me.

Hey thanks for being my personal spellcheck, sweetheart. And "pretty much every female" profiles? Nice use of sexism there. But why do you assume that I'm talking specifically to you? Guilty conscience? Hmmm.

Major
01-15-2010, 04:27 PM
The Dept. of Homeland Security increased the level of security at airports again yesterday.

fuzzytoad
01-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Hey thanks for being my personal spellcheck, sweetheart. And "pretty much every female" profiles? Nice use of sexism there. But why do you assume that I'm talking specifically to you? Guilty conscience? Hmmm.

yeah, that's it, you caught me.. I was too preoccupied with planning a cross-burning tonight and I fell into your cunning trap...

and np with the spellcheck.. I know you've got other image issues to deal with and the last thing on your mind is correct spelling.

ljbab728
01-15-2010, 10:43 PM

The computers aren't at the security check points but computers play a major role in who is searched and how closely they are searched. Besides checking passengers names against established lists of questionable people, they also watch for things like last minute expensive one way tickets purchased with cash. I'm in the travel business and I know this happens.

Midtowner
01-15-2010, 11:31 PM
I'll ask again. Midtown, what is your source for your statment: "Fact: 1/2 of successful terrorist attacks perpetrated on U.S. soil have been perpetrated by non-Muslims."

It would be helpful to have this to back up your statement. Otherwise, it appears you have provided inaccurate information.

2 successful attacks:

1) OKC bombing
2) 9/11

1/2 = 50%.

ronronnie1
01-16-2010, 05:31 AM
yeah, that's it, you caught me.. I was too preoccupied with planning a cross-burning tonight and I fell into your cunning trap...

and np with the spellcheck.. I know you've got other image issues to deal with and the last thing on your mind is correct spelling.

So said the self-hating closet case. By the way, your grammar sucks. XOXO

mugofbeer
01-16-2010, 11:36 AM
CAIR would get a lot more support if they put in half of the level of effort at stopping their own from becoming radicalized Islamists as they do whining about discrimination. Discrimination occurs because so many of them make excuses rather than trying to stop the problem.

soonerguru
01-16-2010, 12:12 PM
CAIR would get a lot more support if they put in half of the level of effort at stopping their own from becoming radicalized Islamists as they do whining about discrimination. Discrimination occurs because so many of them make excuses rather than trying to stop the problem.

I understand your sentiment, and I agree to an extent, but what exactly are they supposed to do other than be law-abiding citizens?

Most Muslims I know have no interest in or involvement with AQ or even radical theology. They just work and raise their kids like you and me -- and they don't teach their kids to be radicals.

Again, other than being good law-abiding citizens, what else can they do? I know a few who have joined the military.

SkyWestOKC
01-16-2010, 01:10 PM
You'd be better off putting night sticks under every seat. Even if the terrorist gets a night-stick on board, he's got 150 people against him with night sticks. Ever been to a gun show? It is literally a powder-keg, but it feels safe to me because the number of those armed and on our side greatly outnumber any potential threats who may be armed.

Since that won't happen, I think racial profiling needs to happen. But, racial and racist is not the same thing. I am not racist, if you are here legally, obeying our laws, and being a civilized person, I don't care if you are a black muslim from Mars, you're welcome in this land.

But, if your name is Ahkmed, you are between the ages of 17-35, have a long beard, and are acting strange. Give them the extra pat down just in case, if they clear, send them on board. That is racial profiling, racist would be: you fit all of the above, you are not allowed on this airplane even if you pass the extra security pat down. I am not for that.

ronronnie1
01-16-2010, 01:26 PM
But, if your name is Ahkmed, you are between the ages of 17-35, have a long beard, and are acting strange. Give them the extra pat down just in case, if they clear, send them on board. That is racial profiling, racist would be: you fit all of the above, you are not allowed on this airplane even if you pass the extra security pat down. I am not for that.

I don't think you're a racist. In fact, you sound totally reasonable as does racial profiling, but we're going to have to add black Africans to the list now since the xmas bomber wannabe was a black African. The only problem safety-wise is that racial profiling will only work until the first Euro-looking guy named Sven bombs a plane. Then we also have to add "white dudes" to the list and so on and so forth.

SkyWestOKC
01-16-2010, 03:29 PM
I don't think you're a racist. In fact, you sound totally reasonable as does racial profiling, but we're going to have to add black Africans to the list now since the xmas bomber wannabe was a black African. The only problem safety-wise is that racial profiling will only work until the first Euro-looking guy named Sven bombs a plane. Then we also have to add "white dudes" to the list and so on and so forth.

Although true, that doesn't mean all black people are terrorists. This guy wasn't named Tommy, he converted (or was all of his life) to Muslim, and an extremist. We knew this from the info we had already. He bought a one-way ticket, had no luggage, and his father warned of some attack or radical action. His name was Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, and was 23.

So, we need to look at common denominators: age, race, and to an extent, religion profiling. He was 23, black Nigerian, and a Muslim, and he was acting strange. He fit the profile, give him an extra pat down and a trip through the new body scanners.

We didn't know his religion through big-brother government programs, we knew this from intelligence operations who are looking at these extreme groups in the Middle East and in Africa. We had the info, but didn't use it towards our advantage. If we use the intelligence we already are acquiring through overseas spy and intelligence gathering operations to our advantage, and put the pieces together, we will be much safer.

Mrs. Granny Smith, 89, with her grandson Timmy, who is 8, are probably going on vacation, send them through the metal detector, do the normal. Don't require them to go through the full body scanners or pat downs. Unless they trip some alarms.

If Europeans start doing this, we can begin to look for common denominators, just as we have with the Muslim groups that are doing this. It is a cat and mouse game, but some of even the most basic racial profiling will do good. And it's not racist! It's just like at a crime scene, a witness reported a white male, aged somewhere between 20-30, with a beard on running from the scene. The cops won't be looking for Mrs. Granny Smith and Timmy just to make it look fair. They will look at common denominators between various people and work from there.

mugofbeer
01-16-2010, 08:03 PM
I understand your sentiment, and I agree to an extent, but what exactly are they supposed to do other than be law-abiding citizens?

Most Muslims I know have no interest in or involvement with AQ or even radical theology. They just work and raise their kids like you and me -- and they don't teach their kids to be radicals.

Again, other than being good law-abiding citizens, what else can they do? I know a few who have joined the military.

CAIR spends the vast majority of it's air time whining about how they are being discriminated against. They do this instead of coming out very forcefully, talking directly to the young people of Islam in this country, and saying clearly and unequivocally that mass murder, outrageous destruction and the killing of innocent people is totally and completely wrong.

If they took a public, repeated and vocal stand against terrorism, the bulk of us would give them far more credit and support than we do. They are way to quiet and wishy-washy on terrorism - the vast majority committed by Muslims.

Major
01-16-2010, 08:10 PM
The common denominator with nearly every terrorist is Islam. It doesn't matter if their are white, black, yellow, brown or pink. It's the depth and level of their religious ideology - some call it a perversion of Islam. Others call it Islamism - or political Islam.

In Yemen this week over 150 Muslim clerics called for jihad against us if we were to enter their country. Is that a perversion? Don't they want to get al Qaeda there, too? Or do their actions tell us they are protecting them?

Clerics in Yemen warn of jihad if US sends troops
washingtonpost.com (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/14/AR2010011401331.html)

BTW, CAIR, an outgrowth of the Muslim Brotherhood infrastructure in America, wrote a letter to President Obama on Dec. 23rd claiming there is an "alarming level of anti-Islam hate in our nation."

CAIR tries to shut down criticism of anything relating to Islam. It's similar to Sharia law in Islamic countries where there is no tolerance for criticism.

mugofbeer
01-16-2010, 08:22 PM
The common denominator with nearly every terrorist is Islam. It doesn't matter if their are white, black, yellow, brown or pink. It's the depth and level of their religios ideaology - some call it a perversion of Islam. Others call it Islamism - or political Islam.

Agreed that most terrorism today is caused by Islamists around the world who simply want to kill anyone who doesn't believe as they do - including other Muslims. However, not all terrorism is Islamist-centered. Timothy McVeigh was certainly not a Muslim or Muslim supporter and the environmentalists who burn down construction projects and SUV's aren't either. There are separatist movements in a few areas but many of those are Muslims who don't want to be ruled by non-Muslims (AKA: The Phillipenes).

In Yemen this week over 150 Muslim clerics called for jihad against us if we were to enter their country. Is that a perversion, too? Don't they want to get al Qaeda there, too? Or do their actions tell us they are protecting them?

Clerics in Yemen warn of jihad if US sends troops
washingtonpost.com (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/14/AR2010011401331.html)

Yemen is very much like Afghanistan and Pakistan areas that are mountainous, remote areas where the government has little control. In those areas, tribes and tribal leaders rule and conservative Salafist Islam controls their lives which is in line with al Qaeda beliefs.

Salafism preaches a borderless caliphate anchored in the moral absolutes of the Prophet Muhammad's initial successors. A global village for the virtuous and valorous, Salafism purports to offer THE way to combine reverence with modernity. Binding black and white, rich and poor, woman and man, mighty and weak, the theory of Salafism is puritan and uses intimidation and violence to spread their gospel.

BTW, CAIR, an outgrowth of the Muslim Brotherhood infrastructure in America, wrote a letter to President Obama claiming there is an "alarming level of anti-Islam hate in our nation."

Exactly what I am saying. If they spent this much time and effort criticizing voilence and butchery as they do crying about discrimination, they would get far more support from the average American.

JIMOKEY
01-17-2010, 06:01 AM
If you think the above statement isn't racist then let me give you an example. If you were ignorant you could assume most of the robberies done in any city is by African Americans at 7-11's – in the exact same context that ignorant people could assume that of the millions upon millions of Muslims who travel the skies could all be terrorists and should be profiled. So how about we "racially-profile" every African American coming into a convenience store. We can search them just so we feel safe.
You know what wouldn’t be racist - If we did the above described “racist profiling” and also searched every white person driving a Ryder truck. Just pull them over and give them a pat down. Hell I’d feel much safer. Who cares if the white person that just got searched feels less American and like a criminal living in his own country?
Seriously, why do some people have to live in fear all the time? Someone else in the forum said it best –more people die in car accidents, bad diets, smoking, violent shootings, than terrorism in the U.S.
This is why I love this country. Fortunately there are enough people with enough sense to ensure what you are suggesting won’t happen – at least not long-term because it doesn’t make sense logically. Terrorism against the U.S. won’t always be perpetrated by Muslims in airplanes. If it were that easy this problem would have been solved long ago.
This topic should be moved to a political or fear-mongering/racist section.

Major
01-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Exactly what I am saying. If they spent this much time and effort criticizing voilence and butchery as they do crying about discrimination, they would get far more support from the average American.

Bingo!

Major
01-17-2010, 03:09 PM
CAIR Oklahoma actually changed the location of their townhall to avoid protestors it appears.

ronronnie1
01-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Ok, so when are "good christians" going to call out the Pat Robertsons, James Dobsons, and the rest of the xtian taliban?

"Good" muslims have no obligations to call out anyone just to make a couple redneck Okies feel important. FAIL.

mugofbeer
01-17-2010, 04:06 PM
Gee, RR, I think that has been done over and over again.

USG '60
01-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Gee, RR, I think that has been done over and over again.

Should we ever expect them to disappear from being "called out?" Should we expect muslim Taliban-types to ever disappear from being "called out?" The chances of either are nil, sadly.

mugofbeer
01-17-2010, 04:46 PM
I can't say I have first hand knowledge but I read way back when Hussein invaded Kuwait that in the Arab world, to remain silent on something is like giving tacit approval. This is thought of to be a reason Kuwait was invaded because Hussein gave some indication he was going to do this and the US didn't say no. Whether this is true or not, there is not nearly enough clear direction in mosques and too many "radical" imams allowed to preach death and destruction.

Blazerfan11
01-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Calvey forgets his "Clash of Civilizations" includes a group funded primarily by our dear friends, the Saudis. Calvey is a boobkettle.