View Full Version : Concrete prices?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Anybody know a rough guesstimate of the going rate right now for concrete?

Also...Who does the forms and site setup? Is that extra or included...Curious, as I can do that part myself.

I'm thinking I'm going to need in the neighborhood of 12.5 yards total.

Thanks.

fuzzytoad
01-20-2010, 10:57 AM
Building your 2012 bunker?

ewoodard
01-20-2010, 11:05 AM
Usually forms and setup are done by a contractor/builder therefore it is an extra expense. As far as going rate you may have to call a supplier as there are different mixes and additives that you'll have to figure out as well as the depth of your work.

Lurker34
01-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Just 4 years ago it was $75/yard. Now it's over $100. Last year I heard $120/yard. Not sure what it goes for today. My guess would be $125? If you're not buying by the truckload or buying partial loads it could run higher. Also, be prepared to be delivered late in the afternoon.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Building your 2012 bunker?

lol...No...I'm just looking to expand my workshop out to accommodate a two post lift, as it would cramp me currently, and I don't quite have the height.

Usually forms and setup are done by a contractor/builder therefore it is an extra expense. As far as going rate you may have to call a supplier as there are different mixes and additives that you'll have to figure out as well as the depth of your work.

Yeah, I learned that a few minutes ago when I called Dolese. I need 22 feet by 30 feet of 4,000 PSI, 6 inches deep. It was in the neighborhood of $1,300. But that doesn't include setup or finishing. So I guess that's the part I need to figure out. I should be able to do most of it myself.