View Full Version : Do we need another blog?

downtownguy
08-12-2004, 08:55 PM
Probably not... but after reading this site and others, I couldn't resist joining the thousands of egomaniacs who think their thoughts deserve a web page.
I'm actually hoping www.downtownguy.blogspot.com will compliment this board. The goal is to act as a place for inside info, sort of like Tulsa's batesline.com, but without the political bent. It's meant more to share my love for downtown Oklahoma City, its history, current development and hints of what's to come.
Visit if you have a chance...
www.downtownguy.blogspot.com
- The downtown guy

floater
08-12-2004, 09:21 PM
Welcome to the board, downtownguy! Great to see another committed fan of downtown OKC. I'll be sure to check your blog regularly; nice backround (so what will happen with Jim Glover?) In the meantime, don't hesitate to mix it up with us!!

Patrick
08-13-2004, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the information downtownguy. Take note though, that while some dreams and thoughts are presented on this site, it's mostly facts that are presented and discussion about current events in our city and in the world. I'd say that probably takes up a good 95% of the posts that are placed on this forum. Blog probably takes up about 5%. Regardless, your site is interesting and I thank you for sharing it with us.

And downtownguy, I just wanted to say something about downtown. Yeah, Urban Renewal did destroy quite a few old historic buildings, but at the same time, they tore down a lot of deteriorating buildings as well, that really needed to be removed from the skyline. I personally like the mix of buildings that we have downtown. Seems like we have a good mix of old historic buildings and newer buildings. Without Urban Renewal we wouldn't have nice developments like Oklahoma Tower, Leadership Square, the Cox Convention Center, and the Myriad Botanical Gardens. I know a lot of people hated to see the Biltmore hotel come down, but the Myriad Botanical Gardens is much nicer.

Without Urban Renewal we just wouldn't have the skyline we have today.....no Leadership Square, no Oklahoma Tower, no Kerr McGee tower, no Bank One/Chase Tower! Our skyline would look pathetic.