View Full Version : Coffee

native
01-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Just wondering who serves the very best cup of coffee in the city. Plain black coffee. No chains please. I really miss the coffee roasted by Intelligentsia (Chicago). Hoping I can find a good cup this weekend.

jstanthrnme
01-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Cue Jim Stark. In 5...4...3...2...

JerzeeGrlinOKC
01-14-2010, 08:20 PM
I am absolutely hooked on Elemental Coffee roasters, several places throughout the metro serve the coffee or sell the beans (including La Baguette, The Wedge, and CocoFlow). Its amazing stuff!

:: WHERE TO FIND US (http://www.elementalcoffeeroasters.com/Page-WHERE-TO-FIND-US_7.aspx)

I also love Coffee Slingers, but I haven't been down there in awhile. http://www.coffeeslingers.com/

And I'm sure Vintage Coffee is great Jim Stark, I just don't live in that part of town and have never been there ;-)

jbkrems
01-14-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm not Jim Stark... but I am sitting enjoying coffee right now at his place, Vintage Coffee. Its the best independent shop in town.

aboatman
01-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Coco Flow (http://www.cocoflow.com) used to serve Intelligentsia. I am not sure since they moved to Deaconess.
Check out my Google Map (http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid= 106401163457420521422.00000111c26883a2e4c9f). Many of the local coffee shops listed. Always looking for more to add too.

citizenkane
01-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Coffee Slingers undoubtedly serves the best coffee in the metro area. I recommend getting a short water americano, but I also like their other espresso based drinks. Really you can't go wrong.

native
01-16-2010, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I've heard good things about Elemental and will have to try them out. I scrub cases at Deaconess and have seen the coffee shop there but have never stopped by. I will have to check it out next time.

alan
01-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Cue Jim Stark. In 5...4...3...2...

:sofa: you rang?

Vintage Coffee - NW 150th & Western - best cup of black coffee in town.

Euphoria
01-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Coffee Slingers undoubtedly serves the best coffee in the metro area. I recommend getting a short water americano, but I also like their other espresso based drinks. Really you can't go wrong.

If you enjoy rude service you'll love Coffee Slingers.

I'll drink a cup of coffee that's an 8 out of 10 and served with a smile before I'll drink a cup that's a 10/10 and served by a rude barista that just wants me to go away.

Vintage is good, as are several other shops in and around the metro area.

ImTheDude
01-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Cuppies & Joe and Bagel Shop both have excellent lattes. I didn't realize how bad Starbucks was until I started getting lattes from those 2.

rondvu
01-19-2010, 02:20 PM
A great place (not fancy by any mean) is Roasters Exchange located at 1530 W Main. They primarily manufacture coffee roasters. They have a small retail shop that offers a selection of ground or bean blends. I have given friends bags of coffee as gifts and they love it. It's the only coffee they buy after tasting Roasters Exchange. Give Barbara or Corey a visit and asked them to help you out. Keep me posted if you try them.

rcjunkie
01-19-2010, 02:46 PM
If your ever in Norman, Hastings has a neat little coffee shop, (Hard Book Café), they serve 5-6 different blends, always fresh.

SavageDigital
01-23-2010, 05:11 PM
A great place (not fancy by any mean) is Roasters Exchange located at 1530 W Main. They primarily manufacture coffee roasters. They have a small retail shop that offers a selection of ground or bean blends. I have given friends bags of coffee as gifts and they love it. It's the only coffee they buy after tasting Roasters Exchange. Give Barbara or Corey a visit and asked them to help you out. Keep me posted if you try them.

After reading this we stopped by and picked up a couple pounds of coffee and some teas - very satisfied!!!

Roadhawg
01-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the info... I love good coffee and I'll have to try these out.

native
01-25-2010, 01:41 PM
I will have to visit Roaster's Exchange soon. Maybe this weekend. I also plan on visiting Vintage Coffee this weekend if I head to Edmond to do some running.

alan
01-25-2010, 10:36 PM
I also plan on visiting Vintage Coffee this weekend if I head to Edmond to do some running.

i will be in noon to 6pm on saturday (although we are open from 6am to 10pm) and we are closed on sunday.

ask for alan when you get here, i always enjoy meeting online people IRL. thanks!