View Full Version : Just for fun!

gmwise
01-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Top 5 Things to Never do in Front of a Drill Sergeant (http://www.military.com/opinion/0,15202,197266,00.html?ESRC=recruiting.nl)

I'm sure those of us who served knows there's more things to add to this list..lol

ronronnie1
01-14-2010, 10:59 PM
I know this guy who just joined the army. He walks up to his drill sergeant, slaps him on the back, and says, "Hey, what's up, sergeant?"

Needless to say, he got bitched the F out! He's such a retard.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-15-2010, 12:29 AM
Top 5 Things to Never do in Front of a Drill Sergeant (http://www.military.com/opinion/0,15202,197266,00.html?ESRC=recruiting.nl)

I'm sure those of us who served knows there's more things to add to this list..lol

Everything on that list we learned in the first hour.

By the time I was halfway through my training at MCRD San Diego, we were doing stuff on purpose to get each other in trouble.

You haven't lived until you've thrown a handful of sand at two USMC Drill Instructors while they're looking right at you...And it gets all over them, down their shirts, etc.

gmwise
01-15-2010, 12:44 AM
Everything on that list we learned in the first hour.

By the time I was halfway through my training at MCRD San Diego, we were doing stuff on purpose to get each other in trouble.

You haven't lived until you've thrown a handful of sand at two USMC Drill Instructors while they're looking right at you...And it gets all over them, down their shirts, etc.

lol suicidal eh

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-15-2010, 12:55 AM
Well when they've got about 10 of you dropped in the dirt/sand...You'd be doing pushups or leg lifts, and they'd scream "MAKE IT RAIN!!!" which was your signal to grab two handfuls of dirt, jump to your feet, throw the dirt above your head and start doing jumping jacks while all the dirt/dust/sand poured down all over you. I just didn't quite throw it above MY head. I was pissed because I was getting pounded for somebody else's screwup (I was a squad leader so I got dropped when anybody in my squad messed up). I had enough dirt in my shirt, I was just sharing.

They didn't see it that way!

sacolton
01-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Can I keep a jelly doughnut in my foot locker?

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-15-2010, 10:10 AM
I never got that part. Mainly because I never saw a jelly donut the whole time there.

That was a great boot camp movie though.

mugofbeer
01-15-2010, 05:34 PM
I haven't been in the military but, except for coughing, I would think common sense would keep you from doing the rest.

I would have to add to the list "winking" at the drill sargeant.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-18-2010, 02:56 PM
You'd be surprised at how bored you get just standing there.

lol...After a couple of months, you start to get in trouble on purpose.

gmwise
01-24-2010, 07:09 AM
You'd be surprised at how bored you get just standing there.

lol...After a couple of months, you start to get in trouble on purpose.

Yup..
What is fun is when you become the DI.
Poor kids...