View Full Version : paranormal 101

decepticobra
01-12-2010, 11:05 PM
does anyone believe in the paranormal or has experienced a paranormal experience?

jstanthrnme
01-12-2010, 11:32 PM
While I DON'T belive in ghosts or aliens, there have been two experiences that I can't explain.

The first one happened well after a storm. I was about 9 and was riding with my mother to a family friends, and I saw a ball of fire fall, it seemed to fall about 1000 yards away. It was much slower than lightning, and I'm sure it wasn't a transformer or something. I can't really explain it.

Number two was at a "haunted" bridge that sat below an abandoned house, where supposedly, two young boys were scalded with hot water, killed and then burried outside nearby. I was 17 and had a 12 pack of beer and met some friends out there at night to drink it. While we were drinking, we heard a scream from somewhere nearby. There wasn't anyone around within a mile, and there is no animal that I know that makes that noise....very weird.

decepticobra
01-13-2010, 12:30 AM
thanks for sharing your story. i appreciate your input.

i myself havent experienced anything i would dub as paranormal.

i have wanted to always visit the whaley house in san diego and also the gurden lights in arkansas. i was in south dakota a few years back, and also wanted to visit cosmos as well.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-13-2010, 01:43 AM
Whaley house aint all that.

You want creepy? Be on a big ship all by yourself.

kmf563
01-13-2010, 10:30 AM
yes.

The only story I am going to share with the current members of this board will be the following:

Years ago the Overholser mansion used to tell ghost stories on halloween. We always attended these followed by a tour of the home. One year the paranormal society was there with all of the "ghosthunting" gadgets for us to use. One of the coolest nights of my life with a lot of experiences and things that are not able to be explained.

If you ever get a chance to take one of these tours or experiences with our local paranormal society do so. Whether you are a believer or not, it's an experience you won't soon forget. They get to tour some pretty cool places.

OKCisOK4me
01-13-2010, 02:12 PM
Yes & Yes. But my story is far too long for me to type it all out again. I have it on paper but nowhere on digital media... I guess I'll go home, type it all up again & transfer it to here within the next few days...

MsDarkstar
01-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Years ago the Overholser mansion...

I used to work at the Harn Homestead one of my coworkers did some part time work at the Overholser on the weekends. I had the opportunity to take a private tour of the place with my coworker & the guy that gave most of the tours (Bill something...his last name escapes me at the moment). He swore up & down that the house was haunted & told us about encounters that he'd had with Mrs. Overholser's spirit. Was very interesting.

Working at the Harn, I had a few "unexplained experiences" myself. Sometimes when I was alone in the main house, I would hear people walking aorund upstairs or I'd hear someone walking down the stairs (one of them was squeaky & very distinctive). Other times I would hear muffled voices coming from another room. Was like a hum of activity just out of reach. There was also a room upstairs that I never felt comfortable going in. It was always cold & just....felt off.

PennyQuilts
01-13-2010, 03:38 PM
I've has several experiences but not in decades.

stick47
01-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Was worried about a neighbor who had a history of strokes a while back b/c I hadn't seen them lately and one afternoon my doorbell rang.
I immediately went to the door expecting a package from the postman only to find nobody there but see my neighbor driving away in their car. Can't explain that one.

silvergrove
01-15-2010, 12:32 AM
While I DON'T belive in ghosts or aliens, there have been two experiences that I can't explain.

The first one happened well after a storm. I was about 9 and was riding with my mother to a family friends, and I saw a ball of fire fall, it seemed to fall about 1000 yards away. It was much slower than lightning, and I'm sure it wasn't a transformer or something. I can't really explain it.

Number two was at a "haunted" bridge that sat below an abandoned house, where supposedly, two young boys were scalded with hot water, killed and then burried outside nearby. I was 17 and had a 12 pack of beer and met some friends out there at night to drink it. While we were drinking, we heard a scream from somewhere nearby. There wasn't anyone around within a mile, and there is no animal that I know that makes that noise....very weird.

Maybe you saw a ball lightning? They're still controversial but I've heard reports of ball lightning occurring even when a thunderstorm is not around.

As for humanlike screams, maybe you encountered a cat in heat?? If you want to hear a freakishly creepy animal sound, I give thee the manx shearwater (zoom ahead to 1:50):

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gMFk1mvPoOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gMFk1mvPoOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PennyQuilts
01-15-2010, 06:21 AM
My 20 year old brother was close to his cousin. The night my brother died, unexpectedly, the cousin's husband woke up his wife (the cousin) and said that her grandmother had called and said Steve had been killed. Or maybe he had dreamed it. It was so real, he wasn't sure.

So they called the grandmother and woke her up to ask if she'd called. She told them to go back to sleep. She hadn't called. About an hour later, she called them back with the news that Steve had been killed. So that was weird.

FormerFloridian
01-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Well, while living in Orlando, I started OPI, Orlando Paranormal Investigations. A very small group who used to investigate for the fun of it. One experience I can recount, we were doing a private night tour of the antique courthouse in Downtown, and there was the legend of little Emily.

Emily did not die in the courthouse, but they used to take care of her in the court day care. That's why she "haunts" the courthouse vs her own home. We had all of our gadgets out recording and taking EMF readings. While doing so, I felt someone brush up against my behind, then I felt something sort of "hug" my leg. It spooked me a bit, because I wasn't expecting it. I told the tour guide what happened and she said that Emily was fond of young women because they reminded her of her mother.

This is just one of the many experiences I have had. Since I am very new here, I haven't had a chance to explore more, but I would love to get together with an investigative group. Maybe even start one here in OKC.

Bunty
01-19-2010, 12:49 PM
I have only had one experience that was supposedly paranormal. Years ago, I was at a married couple's party one night in their home. The lady of the house decided to liven up the party by getting out her Ouija board. She asked for someone to be her partner. One by one members of the party acted fearful, like they wanted nothing to do with that. So it came down to me. It would be me because I had hardly ever heard of the Ouija board and thought it was silly to be so scared of an apparent board game.

The lady directed me to hold the pointer with her and then requested of the remaining party members to ask the Ouija board a question. At least one or two of them had freaked out over what was about to happen and left the party. So someone asked a question of the Ouija board and to my amazement the pointer that I had my hand on along with the lady's hand started moving about the board. I said to the lady, "Hey, you are surely moving this thing and I'm just following you along." She denied it. But the pointer actually steered to letters that spell out answers that made sense to the questioners who tended to freak out and leave the party. For instance, one person asked what year was it when he was in a car accident. The pointer actually steered to the correct numbers for the year. I said to the lady, "I bet you knew all along the year and simply moved the pointer to the right numbers." She denied doing so. Well, I guess the lady, me and the Quija board eventually cleared the party.

Weeks later, I asked the lady if she was still messing with the Ouija board. She said she had gotten on it with a female friend of hers when the pointer simply started moving by itself. This time it freaked her out so bad that she wanted nothing more to do with the Ouija board and got rid of it.

As for me, I haven't messed with the Ouija board since that party. I kinda think the Ouija board and those trying to use it may attract evil spirits. It's best to keep your peace of mind by avoiding it. Skeptics are probably those who never in their lives had anything like paranormal happen to them. Well, I was once one of them.