View Full Version : Help find OU Student

Pages : [1] 2

SoonerQueen
01-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Edmond Police Look For Help In Locating Missing OU Student - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports | (http://www.news9.com/global/story.asp?s=11794903)

lasomeday
01-09-2010, 06:09 PM
Dang! I wish I found her first! She is hot!

rcjunkie
01-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Dang! I wish I found her first! She is hot!

Rude and insensitive, but nothing surprises me anymore, there idiot jerks everywhere you look.

SoonerQueen
01-09-2010, 09:43 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/SoonerQueen/22450_600361868281_44009819_3459145.jpg

ronronnie1
01-10-2010, 04:11 AM
dang! I wish i found her first! She is hot!

lol!

rcjunkie
01-10-2010, 05:10 AM
lol!

So you find this funny, how despicable. Again, I'm not surprised, the world seems to be full of uncaring and insensitive idiots.

I just hope and pray that she's found soon.

RedDirt717
01-10-2010, 07:56 AM
So you find this funny, how despicable. Again, I'm not surprised, the world seems to be full of uncaring and insensitive idiots.

I just hope and pray that she's found soon.

I'm seldom surprised how insensitive and hateful the "openminded" and "loving" left an be.

It's all jokes until it's your mother, daughter, sister, or cousin that's missing. Try to ignore the banter of mental midgets.

PennyQuilts
01-10-2010, 08:23 AM
I hope they find her, safe. Poor family.

old okie
01-10-2010, 09:18 AM
This is really distressing. I did a mapquest w/the info provided by the various media reports and the cell phone info is totally opposite the direction she 'should' have been going. Not good.

I do hope and pray they find her, and she's okay.

Prayers going out for her and her family.

kmf563
01-10-2010, 09:25 AM
I don't have a good feeling about this. She looks young. Perfect fit for what they have been looking for in Edmond for sex slaves. I hope they at least find some clues soon. Praying for her and her family and friends.

Bostonfan
01-10-2010, 10:18 AM
I don't have a good feeling about this. She looks young. Perfect fit for what they have been looking for in Edmond for sex slaves. I hope they at least find some clues soon. Praying for her and her family and friends.

I'm sorry, but what are "Edmond sex slaves"? Never heard of this.

PennyQuilts
01-10-2010, 11:51 AM
A sex slave is a person forced into sexual servitude. They usually take them from the area where they are picked up and they are usually younger or a new immigrant or someone uneducated or with no one to look out for them. I would be shocked if this young woman were in that situation because no matter what, eventually, she'd get free and call home. That being said, you have to worry about some perverted monster who just nabbed her because he is a pervert. I hope she is okay and home, soon.

Matt
01-10-2010, 12:22 PM
A sex slave is a person forced into sexual servitude. They usually take them from the area where they are picked up and they are usually younger or a new immigrant or someone uneducated or with no one to look out for them. I would be shocked if this young woman were in that situation because no matter what, eventually, she'd get free and call home. That being said, you have to worry about some perverted monster who just nabbed her because he is a pervert. I hope she is okay and home, soon.

Somehow I'm guessing that "Bostonfan" probably already knows what a sex slave is, but has never heard of Edmond particularly being a hub of the sex slave industry before. Like I said, just a guess, but I've never heard that, either. (But if that's true, how much more interesting a town did Edmond just get, am I right?)

Anyway, she's a cute girl and I hope she's okay, but yeah this doesn't look good.

Bostonfan
01-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Somehow I'm guessing that "Bostonfan" probably already knows what a sex slave is, but has never heard of Edmond particularly being a hub of the sex slave industry before. Like I said, just a guess, but I've never heard that, either. (But if that's true, how much more interesting a town did Edmond just get, am I right?)

Anyway, she's a cute girl and I hope she's okay, but yeah this doesn't look good.

Exactly.

kevinpate
01-10-2010, 01:03 PM
I hope they find her in short order, notwithstanding the passage of time and the cell phone signal on the opposite side of town.

drum4no1
01-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Her car was found overturned at Waterloo and Council.....

PennyQuilts
01-10-2010, 03:29 PM

Interesting is not the word I would use.

Bostonfan
01-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Her car was found overturned at Waterloo and Council.....

She was found dead in the car. Sad.

scootinger
01-10-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm seldom surprised how insensitive and hateful the "openminded" and "loving" left an be.

It's all jokes until it's your mother, daughter, sister, or cousin that's missing. Try to ignore the banter of mental midgets.

What does this have to do with the "left"? I saw *nothing* political in this thread. Please be respectful and do not turn this thread into a political argument. Thank you.

Matt
01-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Man, how infrequently-traveled is the Waterloo & Council area that there can be an overturned car there for two full days without anyone noticing? Yeesh.

Anyway, sad, but not entirely-unexpected outcome. Thoughts go out to her family and friends.

RedDirt717
01-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Man, how infrequently-traveled is the Waterloo & Council area that there can be an overturned car there for two full days without anyone noticing? Yeesh.

Anyway, sad, but not entirely-unexpected outcome. Thoughts go out to her family and friends.

That makes me a little sick, I drive down that road all the time to get to my mothers place. Makes you wonder what a little extra attention to detail could do for someone. I probably passed her 4 times in the last 2 weeks.

oneforone
01-10-2010, 08:32 PM
I find this whole situation odd. I get a feeling somebody is going to be going to jail on this one. There is nothing out there in that area.

She had no reason to be there. If she was meeting a friend/family member out there I would think they would have went to check on her after she did not arrive and could not be contacted on her cell.

I have a feeling a she had stocker, a crazy ex-boyfriend or something like that. If not that she was intoxicated or emotionally disturbed to a point to where she just drove and got lost.

Matt
01-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Two days, not two weeks. Report on KOKH said she crashed through a guardrail and ended up in a ditch so the car was probably a lot more hidden from the road than I originally thought.

Matt
01-10-2010, 08:40 PM
I have a feeling a she had stocker, a crazy ex-boyfriend or something like that.

Hey, just because someone works at a grocery store, that doesn't automatically make them a killer. I've known plenty of people with those kinds of jobs and none of them would even hurt a fly.

PennyQuilts
01-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Hey, just because someone works at a grocery store, that doesn't automatically make them a killer. I've known plenty of people with those kinds of jobs and none of them would even hurt a fly.

Matt, that isn't funny.

Matt
01-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Matt, that isn't funny.

Compared to your defining what sex slavery was for that poor guy earlier, it wasn't, I agree.

rcjunkie
01-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Matt, that isn't funny.

There's an A$$ (I mean Clown) in every crowd.

ronronnie1
01-10-2010, 10:22 PM

LOVE it. And yes, it was funny.

nik4411
01-11-2010, 12:27 AM
if she was leaving a friends house at 3:30 am i would put my money on that she was drunk. i dont know that she was, but that's what i would guess. dont drink and drive. r.i.p. sad stuff.

rcjunkie
01-11-2010, 09:11 AM
if she was leaving a friends house at 3:30 am i would put my money on that she was drunk. i don't know that she was, but that's what i would guess. dont drink and drive. r.i.p. sad stuff.

The truly sad part is that people make statements like yours about someone they don't know. How can you say that just because she left somewhere at 3:30 am, she must have been drunk, you must really be a sad and lonely human being. Make a few calls, there's help for almost any problem.

I guess if you can assume that, we can assume that your an idiot and I'd bet my annual salary I'm closer to being correct then you are.

oneforone
01-11-2010, 09:37 AM
The truly sad part is that people make statements like yours about someone they don't know. How can you say that just because she left somewhere at 3:30 am, she must have been drunk, you must really be a sad and lonely human being. Make a few calls, there's help for almost any problem.

I guess if you can assume that, we can assume that your an idiot and I'd bet my annual salary I'm closer to being correct then you are.

Let's think about it for a minute, would someone who is sober and of sound mind go cruise the dark roads of rural Oklahoma County in the middle of winter with below freezing condtions? No, probably not. The only way someone would do such a thing is if they were upset or under the influence of something.

Nobody is calling this girl a drunk or druggie. Everyone is discussing what might have happened to her.

It has been reported by police that she left the party at 3 AM. Chances are more than likely that drugs and alcohol were present at that party.
The parents reported this morning she recently started taking a new pain medication for lyme disease.

ddavidson8
01-11-2010, 09:39 AM
I have a feeling a she had stocker, a crazy ex-boyfriend or something like that. If not that she was intoxicated or emotionally disturbed to a point to where she just drove and got lost.

Please don't equate stockers to crazy people. There are many level headed grocery and retail stockers in this world.

ddavidson8
01-11-2010, 09:42 AM
It is sad, but I find everyone's distress to be a bit overstated. Did any of you know her personally? Again, I'm not saying this isn't a terrible situation, but come on.

oneforone
01-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Please don't equate stockers to crazy people. There are many level headed grocery and retail stockers in this world.

I must have been half a sleep last night.

Stalker not Stocker.

Roadhawg
01-11-2010, 10:00 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends.

Matt
01-11-2010, 10:46 AM

ddavidson8, that isn't funny.

ddavidson8
01-11-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm sorry Matt.

onthestrip
01-11-2010, 11:39 AM

This must be rcjunkie's new thing, to come on here and blast anyone (usually just calls them sad and lonely) who writes anything that he thinks is insensitve. Nobody is a sad and lonely because they thought it was possible for a young girl to be drinking on an early friday morning at a friends house. No, that never happens at friends houses late at night.

Obviously this is a sad situation and no one can deny that, but if there is a joke about something in this thread, just ignore them. No need to waste a post on how sad and lonely people are and how you are putting someones screen name in your prayer list.

nik4411
01-11-2010, 12:23 PM

ok thank you to the folks who find rcjunkie a complete moron. did you know her rc? no, you probably didn't. this is a sad story, but hell, this is one of many horrible stories that happen every freaking day. and yea, like i previously said, i don't know that she was drunk (try reading sentences fully) but leaving a friends past 3 a.m. and the fact that she was in a sorority, the fact that my cousin/roomate was fraternity brothers with two of her brothers lets me lean towards that fact.

as far as calling me an idiot, easy to do on the internet tough guy. i'd love to meet you face to face and see if you'd do the same. i'll bet my savings you wouldn't you coward. i'd also bet the same amount that i'm probably half your age and have seen more, done more, been more places and generally know more than you. calling me a sad lonely person? lets see, you registered here in november (a full year after i did) and have more posts than I. i'm thinking youre the sad and lonely one. get a hobby.

PennyQuilts
01-11-2010, 01:14 PM
My sister died in a car accident when she was 18. Forgive me if I feel sympathy for her and her family and don't think it is funny. I suspect it easier to dismiss it or just call it a story from the paper, even joke about it if you haven't been through it or seen a mother grieve at the loss. And god knows, when you are anonymous, you can indulge yourself in meanspirited, tasteless comments until the cows come home.

rcjunkie
01-11-2010, 01:15 PM
ok thank you to the folks who find rcjunkie a complete moron. did you know her rc? no, you probably didn't. this is a sad story, but hell, this is one of many horrible stories that happen every freaking day. and yea, like i previously said, i don't know that she was drunk (try reading sentences fully) but leaving a friends past 3 a.m. and the fact that she was in a sorority, the fact that my cousin/roomate was fraternity brothers with two of her brothers lets me lean towards that fact.

as far as calling me an idiot, easy to do on the internet tough guy. i'd love to meet you face to face and see if you'd do the same. I'll bet my savings you wouldn't you coward. i'd also bet the same amount that I'm probably half your age and have seen more, done more, been more places and generally know more than you. calling me a sad lonely person? lets see, you registered here in November (a full year after i did) and have more posts than I. I'm thinking you're the sad and lonely one. get a hobby.

Did I know her, NO, and neither did the poster that wrote "I wished I'd found her first, she's hot" you give no indication that you knew her, and you state that you would bet drugs or alcohol were involved. Making these type of remarks about anyone, especially someone you know nothing about, is not only irresponsible, but idiotic. As for your being half my age, that's obvious from the immaturity of your postings.

ronronnie1
01-11-2010, 01:57 PM
and you state that you would bet drugs or alcohol were involved. Making these type of remarks about anyone, especially someone you know nothing about, is not only irresponsible, but idiotic.

***and then he said this***

rcjunkie QUOTE, "I think he said yes to many times, even after being told what long term use/abuse would do!!!"

Yeah, you just played yourself a fool for all the world to see. Stupid is as stupid does. Have a nice day.:LolLolLol:LolLolLol

rcjunkie
01-11-2010, 01:59 PM
***and then he said this***

rcjunkie QUOTE, "I think he said yes to many times, even after being told what long term use/abuse would do!!!"

Yeah, you just played yourself. Stupid is as stupid does. Have a nice day.:LolLolLol:LolLolLol

I ws trying to give him an out, something to blame his Dumb A$$ remarks on, hoping to help him save face and give him the option of blaming it on something other than ignorance.

nik4411
01-11-2010, 02:13 PM
give up you fool. i have nothing to save face for. go fight another battle. you lose here. FAIL. again, learn to read you muppet brain. when did i ever mention drugs. READ FULL SENTENCES. if you want to meet up i can teach you how to read.

and i'm done with this. i won't respond to you again rc. i feel bad for hijacking a thread about this.
sorry to all who had to read this.
r.i.p. miss gilbert

so1rfan
01-11-2010, 02:30 PM
The internet is not a contest. Because it is mainly consists of nothing but losers.

Matt
01-11-2010, 03:54 PM
From the "Help bring Julia Gilbert home" Facebook group:

http://i48.tinypic.com/2vw5qh0.jpg

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

PennyQuilts
01-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Sweet looking child.

ronronnie1
01-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Just heard on channel 4 news, Ms Gilbert was on pain pills (Lortab, Percocet, whatever). She looks kind of loopy in that picture. Look at her eyes. This story actually has a happy ending. At least she only killed herself and didn't have a headon collision with someone else.

Moral of the story: Don't go driving around after you've taken pain pills.

rcjunkie
01-11-2010, 09:22 PM
To the Gilbert family, my sympathy and condolences on the loss of your daughter, life is so precious, take comfort in knowing she's in the arms of a Loving God.

As stated before, I'm no longer surprised by the total lack of Humanity and Compassion that some display, it saddens me, but anymore it's a daily occurrence. I think one reason this situation affects me so much is that in 1994, I lost two children in a tragic auto accident, and to this day, the pain and grief are almost unbearable.

A wife who loses a husband is called a widow, A husband who loses a wife is called a widower, A child who loses his parents is called an orphan. But..there is no word for a parent who loses a child, that's how awful the loss is.

matt/nik4411/ronronnie1/lasomeday, please study the following and learn a valuable life lesson:

Humanity: the quality or state of being humane.
Humane: marked by compassion, sympathy, or consideration for humans or animals.
Compassion: sympathetic consciousness of others distress together with a desire to alleviate it.

Learn the above traits or go through life with the following traits!

Idiot: usually offensive; a foolish or stupid person.
Ignorant: destitute of knowledge or education, lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified. Unaware or Uninformed.
Moron: a very stupid person.

PennyQuilts
01-11-2010, 09:44 PM
rc, I don't have words to express my sadness that you lost two children. Even one child is more than I can get my brain around. My condolences to you, their mother, and the rest of your family. If you have other children, special thoughts for them. People walk around with so much pain in their hearts - don't know how they do it.

LIL_WAYNE_2012_PREZIDENT
01-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Will u guys please step down off her high horse people die everyday we shouldnt go into mourning for every person that dies

ronronnie1
01-12-2010, 02:29 AM
I'm sorry about your losses, rcjunkie, I really am. My mom died when I was only 8 years old, and my grandma (my "new" mom) died a couple years ago. As sad as all that was, I'm not one to just lay down and wallow in despair. Bad things happen. It's sad, it sucks, but that's life.

Fact remains: Driving while intoxicated = bad things happen. That's life.

rcjunkie
01-12-2010, 04:14 AM
rc, I don't have words to express my sadness that you lost two children. Even one child is more than I can get my brain around. My condolences to you, their mother, and the rest of your family. If you have other children, special thoughts for them. People walk around with so much pain in their hearts - don't know how they do it.

Thanks,

My girls were my life, Kristin was 12 and Haley 10, they were killed along with their grandfather in a car/tractor trailer accident. It's been a little ever 15 years, but sometimes it feels like yesterday.

onthestrip
01-12-2010, 07:13 AM
FYI, and Ill throw in a FWIW... Heard on the news this morning that she had been drinking at the friends house and was on pain pills.

rcjunkie
01-12-2010, 07:27 AM
FYI, and Ill throw in a FWIW... Heard on the news this morning that she had been drinking at the friends house and was on pain pills.

I give up, I guess were just destined for a world that lacks compassion, how sad.

fuzzytoad
01-12-2010, 09:07 AM
I give up, I guess were just destined for a world that lacks compassion, how sad.

I don't understand. How is the news reporting that she was drinking while using painkillers proof that we are destined for a world that lacks compassion?

onthestrip
01-12-2010, 09:09 AM

Yea, because you can get so much compassion from a message board...

Again, no one likes hearing about the death of a young adult. My post that you commented on was just stating the facts of the story, nothing more, nothIng less.

nik4411
01-12-2010, 09:37 AM
exactly.

rcjunkie
01-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Yea, because you can get so much compassion from a message board...

Again, no one likes hearing about the death of a young adult. My post that you commented on was just stating the facts of the story, nothing more, nothIng less.

It's true one should not drink or use drugs and drive a motor vehicle. This "Thread" was posted as a mechanism to help find a missing OU student, unfortunately Ms. Gilbert was found deceased inside her wrecked vehicle. What I was trying to get a few of you to do was show a little compassion to her family and/or friends that may look at this site/thread, and for you to continue to post things that could have no impact on "finding her" is at best, insensitive.

If you want to get out the message about driving drunk or high, by all means, do it, just do it in the proper form/fashion, start a new thread, etc.
A very valuable trait to have is to know when to speak, a better trait is to know when to be quiet.

PennyQuilts
01-12-2010, 12:13 PM
Will u guys please step down off her high horse people die everyday we shouldnt go into mourning for every person that dies

Mourning and being respectful are two different things.