View Full Version : Inspirations Tea Room in Edmond

old okie
01-09-2010, 01:59 PM
What has been your experience?

Just made my second trip there; the first time I went, the food, service, & price/value were all good. Not so today. Silverware was dirty; asked for clean, was brought one that wasn't "quite as dirty". And waitperson acted as if I'd asked for a million dollars and reluctantly provided the request w/hesitation. Hmm. Not a good sign. Prices had gone up, okay, but quantities/size of portions were down. Hmm. Not a good sign. They didn't have the tea I wanted (still listed on their menu, but "out of stock"), say what? It's a TEA room! Ordered another type of tea, cup was dirty. Ugh. Am hoping I don't get sick from this lunch experience that should have been a good one.

Won't be returning there. It was SO disappointing.

Anyone else have this experience lately???

mooshie
01-09-2010, 03:42 PM
I have never been there. What kind of food do they serve?

old okie
01-09-2010, 05:40 PM
I have never been there. What kind of food do they serve?

Mostly they have salads, sandwiches, and soups. I understand that they are now open for dinner on Thursdays; they are mainly a lunch place. Their 'special' for $13.95 includes a scone, soup [the day's special only], salad [no choices, except for dressing], entree [from a limited list], dessert [also a limited list], and your choice of iced or hot tea. All in all, that isn't a bad price; I didn't mind the price increase from last year [about $2], but the portions were smaller.

What really bothered me was the dirty silverware and tea cups! Yuck. Also, I expected them to have the tea they advertised [both on the menu and the website, which I had checked before going]. It wasn't an "exotic" tea; just orange spice w/red hots.

alan
01-11-2010, 03:03 PM
i hope you let the manager/owner know and give them an opportunity to fix their problems.

DishinAndDishes
01-15-2010, 10:18 AM
We've always had great luck at Inspirations. Me and my daughters go there often. I did have the problem once ordering a tea from the menu that they didn't have also. But the food is always good and I've never experienced a problem with dirty dishes. Maybe a broken dishwasher that day?

Euphoria
01-21-2010, 01:42 PM
We've always had great luck at Inspirations. Me and my daughters go there often. I did have the problem once ordering a tea from the menu that they didn't have also. But the food is always good and I've never experienced a problem with dirty dishes. Maybe a broken dishwasher that day?

As my Grandmother used to say, "If you've got two working hands then you've got a dishwasher."