View Full Version : Tulsa Is Just A CopyCat of OKC!

G.Walker
01-07-2010, 03:55 PM
We can all agree that for some reason Tulsa wants to follow behind OKC in projects in develop. Once we established the new Ford Center, then Tulsa built the BOK Center. Then now they are building a new ballpark ONEOK Field, and they also have a Bricktown spinoff, please Tulsa find your own culture for your city!

*Nothing Personal, Just Business*

Steve
01-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Metro, just a kind warning - got an upstart here trying to challenge you on being the most prolific poster at www.okctalk.com. Are you just going to sit back and take it?!?? Come on man, you're an OKC Talk legend! METRO! METRO! METRO!
(Sorry gang, couldn't help it. This is all done with love and yes, a bit of mischief)

circuitboard
01-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Metro, just a kind warning - got an upstart here trying to challenge you on being the most prolific poster at www.okctalk.com. Are you just going to sit back and take it?!?? Come on man, you're an OKC Talk legend! METRO! METRO! METRO!
(Sorry gang, couldn't help it. This is all done with love and yes, a bit of mischief)

He has a long ways to go to even challenge metro....

Steve
01-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Yes, but he's clearly ambitious. And you've got to give him points for that.

kevinpate
01-07-2010, 04:42 PM

Too funny

mheaton76
01-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Hatin' on Tulsa. Yawn...

EBAH
01-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Yes, but he's clearly ambitious. And you've got to give him points for that.

Agreed, although, it seems he's taking more the "Rambunctious Fight Promoter" route, as opposed to Metro's "Cryptic Teaser" style. May the epic OKCTalk thread starter throw-down begin!

Aside from all of that. "Tulsa can be pretty cool", "Both cities have their fine points", "Tulsa will never be as big as okc but....", "Tulsa has more walkable districts but...." and all of the other obligatory Tulsa v OKC statements. Negative OKC v Tulsa threads always seem to have a way of totally sucking (I believe this has something to do with their intrinsic nature as unresolvable subjective arguments).

But, while we are on the subject. They are kind of copying OKC. But, why wouldn't they. These kinds of projects(Bicktown, Ford Center, Ballpark, etc..) aren't unique to our city either. We looked for inspiration from other cities for our own revitalization. Our projects were very successful and provide a great model for a slightly smaller city like Tulsa to aspire to. Their downtown could be great with a little money poured in to it. I wish them the best of luck.

dmoor82
01-07-2010, 06:01 PM
OOO LORD!not again!OKC's awesome, Tulsa sux,blah blah blah!this is gettin real old!

adaniel
01-07-2010, 06:39 PM
I dated a girl from Tulsa once. She was Tulsa spelled backwards.

LakeEffect
01-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Agreed, although, it seems he's taking more the "Rambunctious Fight Promoter" route, as opposed to Metro's "Cryptic Teaser" style.

My thoughts exactly.

dmoor82
01-07-2010, 08:07 PM
I dated a girl from Tulsa once. She was Tulsa spelled backwards.

^^^^ LOL!:yourock:

Spartan
01-07-2010, 08:41 PM
I don't feel nearly as annoyed by G.Walker as I do Metro..

gen70
01-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Let's just Love OK..OK?