View Full Version : Oklahoma City Police Officers

jeffery581
01-04-2010, 05:38 AM
I was pulled over for suposedly failing to come to a complete stop on an icey patch. I signed the ticket and complained that perhaps they should worry about the prostitutes and hustlers on 39th and Youngs (1 block away). The officer told me they do (YEA RIGHT). Well I am tired of driving by and getting flaged down by this trash. I asked to speak to a supervisor. While waiting on a supervisor another officer came to my car window and said he just wanted to see what I looked like that he did not have anything better to do! The supervisor shows up and appoligizes for him. Let me say 3 things.

1)The Oklahoma City police force is NOT overworked or understaffed.

2)I should not feel threatened by an officer.

3) The Oklahoma City police force has to many bad apples for ANY of my support.

jeffery581
01-04-2010, 05:40 AM
Does filing a complaint really do any good. I bet NOT.

Kerry
01-04-2010, 07:05 AM
I was pulled over for suposedly failing to come to a complete stop on an icey patch.

Did you come to a complete stop?

jeffery581
01-04-2010, 07:55 AM
I certainly did not blaze through it as I am in a little car. Could I have added 1more second to the stop, maybe. I would think a warning would work. The point is there are much more pressing matters than this. I see people blaze through stop LIGHTS at busy intersections. How about a little common sense? I NEVER see cops sitting at these places. The area I got the ticket has far more pressing matters than this. Lets say I deserve the ticket. That does not excuse another officer for coming up to my car and saying I just wanted to see what you look like because I have nothing better to do... Besides we all see the downfalls of "zero tolerance"... it does not always work

Kerry
01-04-2010, 08:08 AM
Maybe the area you are in is using traffic stops as a means to catch the very criminals you say they need to be checking for. You just happened to give the police a chance to pull you over so they could see who you were and why you were there. Since you didn't raise any red flags (as you weren't arrested on an outstanding warrant) they gave you a ticket and let you go about your business. The next guy that does a California stop might actually be wanted or has history of prostitution purchases.

As for the second officer coming over - maybe he just gets tired of moving violators saying "Don't you have better things to do?" Maybe he doesn't. It is possible that his sole position on the police force is to pull over people that don't come to a complete stop at Stop signs.

jeffery581
01-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Then why don't they park were the problem is instead of taking a back-alley backdoor approach? Face the problem head on. I do not care what he is tired of hearing, he has never met me. If a "California stop" is the most pressing matter than we are not as bad off as the news indicates every night...

Kerry
01-04-2010, 08:32 AM
I am not well versed in police tactics but it is possible you were in the wrong place at the wrong time and committed a violation that got the attention of police. It is also possible that your vehicle matched the description of vehicle they have been asked to watch for. That actually happened to me one time. In retrospect, the best thing to do is be polite to the officer, accept your ticket, and if you fell you didn't deserve the ticket take it up with the Judge or the District Attorney.

When I lived in Norman I received several moving violations in a short time span. I spoke with the D.A. and got one charge dismissed (running a read light), and one speeding ticket reduced from 13 mph over to just 10 mph over. The 3 mph drop made a big difference in the fine and the fact it didn't count as points on my license. Maybe they can change your ticket from running a stop sign to failure to yield or something.

Work with the system - don't try to fight it. You will only get pissed off and you will still lose. Not the way to go.

Oh - and we are not as bad off as the news makes us out to be every night.

Midtowner
01-04-2010, 08:52 AM
You're definitely not doing yourself any favors by asking to speak with a supervisor when they pretty much have you dead to rights on the violation. It's not your place to question whether giving you a ticket was the best use of the officer's time. That has already been decided.

As far as the other officer, he might have been looking for probable cause to arrest you or search your car. They don't have to tell you the truth about what they're doing.

ssandedoc
01-04-2010, 09:26 AM
The ticket is around $160, just go to traffic school (offered online) and call it good.

If you got your ticket in Oklahoma County, don't even think about fighting it because the judges have zero tolerance for bs. I thought I would be smart and fight my ticket, but after watching people in the courtroom request a trial pretty much along your same lines, the law wins everytime.

If you failed to come to a complete stop then your guilty.

OKCTalker
01-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Did you come to a complete stop?

Obviously not.

Kerry
01-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Well, I knew he didn't come to a complete stop. He just needed to admit that to himself - which he intially seemed in doubt about because he used the word 'suposedly'. Part of the healing process is knowing that you in fact did what you have been charged with. While getting a ticket sucks, it at least helps the sting knowing that you were guilty.

mugofbeer
01-04-2010, 11:30 AM
On the other hand, if it was icy, many of us avoid coming to a complete stop else we may not get going again. Judging from the tone of the post, it may have been his attitude right from the start that got him the ticket - otherwise, the police should be a tad understanding of stop signs during icy road conditions.

oneforone
01-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Regardless of conditions, you are required to follow all traffic laws. Throw out the traffic laws because of blizzard conditions makes as much sense as throwing out the criminal laws because of a Tornado is barreling through the city.

If you feel you were wronged, go to traffic court and fight it. That is why the court exist in this country.

I found things go your way in court when you just simply be respectful with the officer. If he screws up, take the evidence to the judge. If you judge does not rule in your favor and you still think the officer was in the wrong appeal it.

I think it's funny how police can never do anything right in the eyes of some people. If they are not writing everyone else a ticket they are not doing their job. When you make the mistake and get the ticket they are still not doing their job.

Personally, I would just pay it and do the online traffic school. If you have not had a ticket in three years Oklahoma City will dismiss the ticket in 6 months.

It should be noted that most city traffic tickets never make it to your driving record unless you are a repeat offender. I have been issued two tickets from Oklahoma City Police over the last 2-3 years, neither are on my record.

so1rfan
01-04-2010, 12:17 PM
I find it hard to believe a supervisor apologized. Every dealing I have had with a supervisor was ten times worse.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-05-2010, 02:40 AM
If it was really icy, you were either targeted due to reasons already mentioned in this thread, or once you were pulled over, you were a jerk to him. They drive for most of their working day...They know and understand why people do a lot of things.

I had a cop right behind me the day after Christmas, and I pulled up to a stop sign in a neighborhood and just rolled through it at 10mph, only slowing down long enough to make sure the intersection was clear. Watching in my mirror, the cop did the same thing.

If I'm going to get stuck, it's going to be because the cop pulled me over on a sheet of ice, not because I was a dumbass and stopped on it myself.

jeffery581
01-05-2010, 06:01 AM
OKC Police Officer Arrested
Investigators: Drunken Suspect Kicked Out Window

OKC Police Officer Arrested - Oklahoma City News Story - KOCO Oklahoma City (http://www.koco.com/news/22120048/detail.html)

jeffery581
01-05-2010, 06:01 AM
Were is the story about the illegal steroid use?

jeffery581
01-05-2010, 06:02 AM
On the other hand, if it was icy, many of us avoid coming to a complete stop else we may not get going again. Judging from the tone of the post, it may have been his attitude right from the start that got him the ticket - otherwise, the police should be a tad understanding of stop signs during icy road conditions.

What tone? I am a very reasonable person. I said nothing till after the ticket was signed...

jeffery581
01-05-2010, 06:03 AM
Obviously not.

Thats like giving a ticket to someone for going 41 instead of 40... STUPID

jeffery581
01-05-2010, 06:04 AM
I am not well versed in police tactics but it is possible you were in the wrong place at the wrong time and committed a violation that got the attention of police. It is also possible that your vehicle matched the description of vehicle they have been asked to watch for. That actually happened to me one time. In retrospect, the best thing to do is be polite to the officer, accept your ticket, and if you fell you didn't deserve the ticket take it up with the Judge or the District Attorney.

When I lived in Norman I received several moving violations in a short time span. I spoke with the D.A. and got one charge dismissed (running a read light), and one speeding ticket reduced from 13 mph over to just 10 mph over. The 3 mph drop made a big difference in the fine and the fact it didn't count as points on my license. Maybe they can change your ticket from running a stop sign to failure to yield or something.

Work with the system - don't try to fight it. You will only get pissed off and you will still lose. Not the way to go.

Oh - and we are not as bad off as the news makes us out to be every night.

When will I be at the right place at the right time? lol

jeffery581
01-05-2010, 06:05 AM
You're definitely not doing yourself any favors by asking to speak with a supervisor when they pretty much have you dead to rights on the violation. It's not your place to question whether giving you a ticket was the best use of the officer's time. That has already been decided.

As far as the other officer, he might have been looking for probable cause to arrest you or search your car. They don't have to tell you the truth about what they're doing.

Your right. They can do what ever they want to do. They cover up for each other.

kevinpate
01-05-2010, 07:14 AM
Awful lot of energy being expended.

Do the school, take the deferred, have a slightly lighter wallet. if you need more time and don't have other city ticket issues, pay 15 to defer it once, and then do the school, take the deferred and have a slightly more lighter wallet.

Or, stand your ground, demand your day before a muni judge, show up and rail on about just how unfair it is, and Then you can be told by the person in the long black robe that you can do the school, and have a deferred, or be found guilty. options may be somewhat limited if there is disrespect sensed by the bench due to any venting or railing.

It's your couple of hours to hang out and exercise your rights as a citizen, and you have the absolute right to go do so. I'm simply suggesting to you that having the right to do something is not the same as using one's time wisely.

Luck whatever route you pursue.

mrbob
01-05-2010, 07:18 AM
Hey Jeffery581 I you broke the law you are guilty, plain and simple. I you don't like police officers next time you need help, just call your friends to see if they will come help you. Don't call my police buddies, we are busy with real stuff.

kmf563
01-05-2010, 07:25 AM
Ok so you don't like cops. That's evident. Sorry you got a ticket.

I just can't stand when people take a group and slap them into one big "cops suck" pile. That is just as morally wrong as saying all black people smoke crack. Sorry. All cops are not bad. They are people, people have flaws, therefore at times cops will fail. I promise they love pulling people over like you though. And there was guaranteed more of a reason for a second cop to come over. They have many ways of doing their job. As said above, one way is to pull people over for whatever they can to check legality, citizenship, warrants, etc. But you will never care or listen because it's already been implanted in you to hate cops.

SoonerBent
01-05-2010, 09:02 AM
A couple of months ago I got a ticket for not coming to a complete stop. I probably came to a 98% stop but the law says complete. I broke the law and got caught. So did you. I quietly paid the ticket and went on with life, except now I make sure I stop completely. Ticks some drivers behind me off once in a while but so be it.

Rhino
01-14-2010, 10:32 AM
You admitted you didn't come to a complete stop, then whine about a ticket? Maybe a child was hit by a car there a week before from someone running a sign. Either way, when your in the wrong, its up to you to decide how you're gonna make it right. Tears ain't gonna cut it.

Another example of our new mentality to refuse to take responsibility for our own actions.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-15-2010, 12:37 AM
You admitted you didn't come to a complete stop, then whine about a ticket? Maybe a child was hit by a car there a week before from someone running a sign. Either way, when your in the wrong, its up to you to decide how you're gonna make it right. Tears ain't gonna cut it.

Another example of our new mentality to refuse to take responsibility for our own actions.

That's not a new mentality.

Nermel
01-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Since people are griping about OKC Police's traffic enforcement. I find that having a cop to catch speeders near Cleveland Elementrary at NW 23rd & May to be utterly pointless. Then again, that school zone is pointless - there is a tunnel going under NW 23rd for the students to use to get to school. So, why even have a school zone on NW 23rd?

USG '60
01-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Since people are griping about OKC Police's traffic enforcement. I find that having a cop to catch speeders near Cleveland Elementrary at NW 23rd & May to be utterly pointless. Then again, that school zone is pointless - there is a tunnel going under NW 23rd for the students to use to get to school. So, why even have a school zone on NW 23rd?

I live one block from that tunnel. You would not want your kids using it if you ever saw it. Totally nasty and scary. I don't know why they don't clean it up and patrol it while kids are coming and going to school.

rcjunkie
01-17-2010, 12:03 PM
I live one block from that tunnel. You would not want your kids using it if you ever saw it. Totally nasty and scary. I don't know why they don't clean it up and patrol it while kids are coming and going to school.

The tunnel has been closed off for several years.

Nermel
01-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Rather strange, it was re-opened in 1996 as I recall. About 1 year ago I needed to cross NW 23rd around 2pm - it was open. Certainly wasn't in perfect condition, but it was usable and free from litter. If the schools can justify hiring crossing guards at all the different schools, they have no reason to not be utilizing that tunnel.

mmonroe
01-17-2010, 04:43 PM
I've got some bs for you.

Last month, I and my girl friends best friends, were racing down reno. We were trying to beat the other to the apartment. As we come up and across by Whataburger, we see the tail end of a police car. The apartment is literally the next turn in after whataburger. We turn into the apartment complex, park, turn off the cars and are about to get out after sitting there for a good 45 seconds. Then as I start to pull on my door handle, the cop pulls in behind us and turns on his lights. First off, I was already parked, car off, he was not able to visibly see us from his vantage point at whataburger, let alone be able to clock us. He gave us both careless driving tickets. On talking to the prosecutor, I was given 6 months deferred and still had to pay for the ticket. She had hers dropped to a speeding ticket, given 3 months probation and had to only pay less than half of what I paid. ($379). Not only did she get off easier, but she also was going faster than me and beat me into the apartment complex. According to the police report, I was traveling well over the speed limit, as was she, but the difference was 8mph. She was going 8mph faster than I was. But guess who was tagged as the high speeder.. me. The cop was a complete dick, and for no reason. he kept threatening to have my car impounded, from private property, and telling me he could right me a wreckless driving ticket, and take me to jail... All in all, his report named me as the high speeder and I didn't get off so lucky. put me in a sour mood to say the least.

rcjunkie
01-17-2010, 04:47 PM

Last month, I and my girl friends best friends, were racing down reno. We were trying to beat the other to the apartment. As we come up and across by Whataburger, we see the tail end of a police car. The apartment is literally the next turn in after whataburger. We turn into the apartment complex, park, turn off the cars and are about to get out after sitting there for a good 45 seconds. Then as I start to pull on my door handle, the cop pulls in behind us and turns on his lights. First off, I was already parked, car off, he was not able to visibly see us from his vantage point at whataburger, let alone be able to clock us. He gave us both careless driving tickets. On talking to the prosecutor, I was given 6 months deferred and still had to pay for the ticket. She had hers dropped to a speeding ticket, given 3 months probation and had to only pay less than half of what I paid. ($379). Not only did she get off easier, but she also was going faster than me and beat me into the apartment complex. According to the police report, I was traveling well over the speed limit, as was she, but the difference was 8mph. She was going 8mph faster than I was. But guess who was tagged as the high speeder.. me. The cop was a complete dick, and for no reason. he kept threatening to have my car impounded, from private property, and telling me he could right me a wreckless driving ticket, and take me to jail... All in all, his report named me as the high speeder and I didn't get off so lucky. put me in a sour mood to say the least.

Bad Cop, how dare you do what we pay you to do, NO DONUT.
I think the "Dick" was driving one of the cars that was speeding down Reno.

oneforone
01-17-2010, 09:49 PM
When you get caught with your hand in the cookie jar... you might as well face the music and keep your negative comments down to a minimum.

I was driving down South Western across the river bridge last summer. I had just gotten off work, I had the radio cranked and I was hauling ass like most people do on a Friday.(Sooner your home, Sooner the weekend starts) Just as I crossed the top of the hill, headlights popped on in a parking lot at the foot of the bridge. I passed the car and realized it was OCPD. The cop pulled in behind me and turned on his overhead lights. The second he got to my window, I said "I am sorry officer I just got off of work after a long week and I got a little carried away". He chuckled and said "No problem, I have been there. I clocked you at 15 over. He then chuckled and said have a good evening. Slow down, the officers on down the road may not be as nice as me. I thanked him and went on my way.

mireaux
01-18-2010, 12:09 AM
prostitutes and hustlers on 39th and Youngs (1 block away). .

thanks! now i know where i need to go!. robinson was looking a little dead last time i cruised thru there.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-18-2010, 02:33 PM

You WERE driving recklessly dude. And speeding for that matter. He can write you a ticket for reckless driving, even on private property. He can also impound your car for driving like a retard.

Midtowner
01-18-2010, 03:39 PM

Last month, I and my girl friends best friends, were racing down reno.

So you admit that you were breaking the law. This should be good.

We were trying to beat the other to the apartment.

An excellent reason to place your own lives at risk as well as anyone in your general vicinity.

As we come up and across by Whataburger, we see the tail end of a police car.

And I'll bet you slowed down because you knew you were in the wrong.

The apartment is literally the next turn in after whataburger. We turn into the apartment complex, park, turn off the cars and are about to get out after sitting there for a good 45 seconds.

All perfectly irrelevant information.

more irrelevant stuff omitted

First off, I was already parked, car off, he was not able to visibly see us from his vantage point at whataburger, let alone be able to clock us. He gave us both careless driving tickets.

So your reckless driving tickled his spidey sense? Careless driving does not require you to be clocked at any speed -- just that you be driving carelessly. You already admitted that, so what's your problem?

On talking to the prosecutor, I was given 6 months deferred and still had to pay for the ticket. She had hers dropped to a speeding ticket, given 3 months probation and had to only pay less than half of what I paid. ($379). Not only did she get off easier, but she also was going faster than me an beat me into the apartment complex.

Obviously, she is either hotter than you, or has fewer prior offenses, or is just lucky. You got the ticket for the thing you got caught doing. Man up and quite bitching about this officer on the internet. He did nothing wrong, you have no one to blame but yourself.

According to the police report, I was traveling well over the speed limit, as was she, but the difference was 8mph. She was going 8mph faster than I was. But guess who was tagged as the high speeder.. me. The cop was a complete dick, and for no reason. he kept threatening to have my car impounded, from private property, and telling me he could right me a wreckless driving ticket, and take me to jail... All in all, his report named me as the high speeder and I didn't get off so lucky. put me in a sour mood to say the least.

It doesn't sound like you learned anything of value from this experience.

How 'bout this -- the laws exist for a reason. Follow them, no exceptions, and you will probably not get in trouble.

smooth
01-18-2010, 05:22 PM
You WERE driving recklessly dude. And speeding for that matter. He can write you a ticket for reckless driving, even on private property. He can also impound your car for driving like a retard.

Plus the cop could have placed you in handcuffs, given you a chauffeured ride to a certain hotel, taken your portrait and tossed you in a cage.

bradzilla
01-18-2010, 06:34 PM
1)The Oklahoma City police force is NOT overworked or understaffed.

2)I should not feel threatened by an officer.

3) The Oklahoma City police force has to many bad apples for ANY of my support.

Ditto and its just not okc, its tulsa too.

What i love about both police departments is that tons of murders, burglaries, rapes go unsolved in each city but in a second you can get a ticket for rolling a stop sign.

Quick story - I used to live in tulsa off brookside 2 years ago. Girlfriend and myself went out to a nice dinner at 'in the raw', listened to some live music and decided to call it a night around midnight. We came home and noticed someone was sitting upright on my front porch with his hands on his face. I slowly walked up to see who its was and i smelled liqour and could tell he had thrown up on his jeans and he was literally snoring while sitting up. Called the cops, said there was a drunk on my porch and asked if someone could come pick him up..... (im fairly young so ive been there too and he obviously wasnt doing anything besides having a rough night)......

-5 COP CARS - full sirens blowing, slamming on the brakes when they got infront of my house?!
-2 FIRE TRUCKS
-1 AMBULANCE
-1 POLICE HELICOPTER - with spot light on

-Once cops where there they stood the kid up, he was obviously very dazed (prob about 5,9 145lbs) THEY TWISTED HIS ARMS AND SLAMMED HIM ONTO MY DRIVEWAY, THEN ONE PUT A KNEE ON HIS HEAD AND ONE ON HIS BACK. (to stop the internet flames i know that cops have to control the situation, but the amount of force the eagerly displayed was unsettling)

For weeks i had my neighbors asking what happened or thinking that someone was killed at my house. I very clearly told the operator that i had a drunk passed out on my porch, said we werent in danager and were going to sit in the car in the driveway till the cops arrive and that was still the response that we got.

Ever since that day I've never looked at cops the same. I couldnt believe that our tax dollars are going towards situations like that instead of solving real crimes.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
01-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Ditto and its just not okc, its tulsa too.

What i love about both police departments is that tons of murders, burglaries, rapes go unsolved in each city but in a second you can get a ticket for rolling a stop sign.

Quick story - I used to live in tulsa off brookside 2 years ago. Girlfriend and myself went out to a nice dinner at 'in the raw', listened to some live music and decided to call it a night around midnight. We came home and noticed someone was sitting upright on my front porch with his hands on his face. I slowly walked up to see who its was and i smelled liqour and could tell he had thrown up on his jeans and he was literally snoring while sitting up. Called the cops, said there was a drunk on my porch and asked if someone could come pick him up..... (im fairly young so ive been there too and he obviously wasnt doing anything besides having a rough night)......

-5 COP CARS - full sirens blowing, slamming on the brakes when they got infront of my house?!
-2 FIRE TRUCKS
-1 AMBULANCE
-1 POLICE HELICOPTER - with spot light on

-Once cops where there they stood the kid up, he was obviously very dazed (prob about 5,9 145lbs) THEY TWISTED HIS ARMS AND SLAMMED HIM ONTO MY DRIVEWAY, THEN ONE PUT A KNEE ON HIS HEAD AND ONE ON HIS BACK. (to stop the internet flames i know that cops have to control the situation, but the amount of force the eagerly displayed was unsettling)

For weeks i had my neighbors asking what happened or thinking that someone was killed at my house. I very clearly told the operator that i had a drunk passed out on my porch, said we werent in danager and were going to sit in the car in the driveway till the cops arrive and that was still the response that we got.

Ever since that day I've never looked at cops the same. I couldnt believe that our tax dollars are going towards situations like that instead of solving real crimes.

I'll tell you what I tell my wife...You can tell me to do something, but as long as I'm doing it, don't complain about how it gets done and don't tell me how to do it.

You were scared of the drunk man on your porch and you're complaining about how he was removed by others FOR you?

*scratches head*

bradzilla
01-19-2010, 06:14 AM
I'll tell you what I tell my wife...You can tell me to do something, but as long as I'm doing it, don't complain about how it gets done and don't tell me how to do it.

You were scared of the drunk man on your porch and you're complaining about how he was removed by others FOR you?

*scratches head*

You are correct, I did call the police because I didn't feel like dealing with the drunk myself and the police very obviously dealt with the situation.

But even back then there were always stories about the police departments being underfunded and understaffed, so when a helicopter, 5 cops cars, etc,etc came screaming in i was a little surprised by the display of force considering how the tulsa police department was on the verge of 'collapse' because it was underfunded.

But to tie it all back together - I think many citizens would agree that resources could be better spent solving murders, rapes, drug deals, assults, etc, then responding to a non-violent drunk call with that type of force, we are after all paying for their service to our communities.

bretthexum
01-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Not all police officers are detectives and can solve murders, rapes, etc. I think many people forget this.

MadMonk
01-19-2010, 01:01 PM
You are correct, I did call the police because I didn't feel like dealing with the drunk myself and the police very obviously dealt with the situation.

But even back then there were always stories about the police departments being underfunded and understaffed, so when a helicopter, 5 cops cars, etc,etc came screaming in i was a little surprised by the display of force considering how the tulsa police department was on the verge of 'collapse' because it was underfunded.

But to tie it all back together - I think many citizens would agree that resources could be better spent solving murders, rapes, drug deals, assults, etc, then responding to a non-violent drunk call with that type of force, we are after all paying for their service to our communities.
Perhaps there were other reports of people being attacked by a drunk and the guy you called about turned out to be him? The point is, you don't know the full story.

bradzilla
01-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Perhaps there were other reports of people being attacked by a drunk and the guy you called about turned out to be him? The point is, you don't know the full story.

you could 'what if' any situation to death if your trying to justify your point, they might as well show up in full riot gear at every call that contains a skinny white kid in his early 20's...just to be safe.

the cop asked if i wanted to press any trespassing charges and i said no, he said they were charging him with public intox and taking him to the drunk tank - so i kinda doubt your scenario. in the morning when i thought about what happened i chalked it up to it being a slow weekend for them.

this thread is pretty much over.

mmonroe
01-19-2010, 06:34 PM
HA, funny. I can still bitch if I want to though. Complaining about a cop on the internet is like calling someone out for bitching over the internet about a cop... btw.. shes not hot.

MadMonk
01-20-2010, 01:35 PM
you could 'what if' any situation to death if your trying to justify your point, they might as well show up in full riot gear at every call that contains a skinny white kid in his early 20's...just to be safe.

the cop asked if i wanted to press any trespassing charges and i said no, he said they were charging him with public intox and taking him to the drunk tank - so i kinda doubt your scenario. in the morning when i thought about what happened i chalked it up to it being a slow weekend for them.

this thread is pretty much over.
Did you ask the officer about the level of the response? I know I would if it played out like you stated, for no other reason than simple curiosity.

I was pulled over late one evening and had three police cars surrounding me within a matter of seconds of pulling over. I wasn't doing anything wrong so I thought this was a bit much at first, but after chatting with one of the officers for a bit, I found out that a truck similar to mine was involved in a fatal hit/run earlier that evening. After checking out my truck for damage, they quickly allowed to be on my way, thought it was a little unnerving to be "pounced" on like that.

aintaokie
01-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Most (real) cops do their job when enforcing traffic laws & issuing citations. If one want's to RANT about bad cops & BS tickets, look to Valley Brook. This place is a joke, the cops are nothing but law enforcement/rent a cop rejects with badges, guns & yes...ticket books. Something really stinks about the whole town & it's traffic enforcement. I've never received a ticket there, but have heard the stories.

rcjunkie
01-20-2010, 06:11 PM
Most (real) cops do their job when enforcing traffic laws & issuing citations. If one want's to RANT about bad cops & BS tickets, look to Valley Brook. This place is a joke, the cops are nothing but law enforcement/rent a cop rejects with badges, guns & yes...ticket books. Something really stinks about the whole town & it's traffic enforcement. I've never received a ticket there, but have heard the stories.

So you base your comments on second hand hear say, how intelligent is that.

ronronnie1
01-23-2010, 07:03 AM
I've actually had good experiences with most of the cops i've dealt with in OkCity, but I'm sure most are worthless. The cops in Norman SUCK though - totally. I was harassed by the norman cops on campus for absolutely NO reason besides not being white. I remember when the I-40 bridge over some river in Oklahoma was hit by a barge and a NORMAN cop on his vacation drove off the bridge and into the great beyond. I didn't lose any sleep over it.

rcjunkie
01-23-2010, 07:17 AM
I've actually had good experiences with most of the cops i've dealt with in OkCity, but I'm sure most are worthless. The cops in Norman SUCK though - totally. I was harassed by the norman cops on campus for absolutely NO reason besides not being white. I remember when the I-40 bridge over some river in Oklahoma was hit by a barge and a NORMAN cop on his vacation drove off the bridge and into the great beyond. I didn't lose any sleep over it.

Rude, tacky, mean, cold hearted, just to name a few.

Are you a jerk in real life, or do you just play one when you can set in a dark room and hide behind your screen.

rcjunkie
01-23-2010, 07:20 AM

If it was on campus, it was probably OUPD and not Norman PD. As for being harassed because your not white, more than likely it was because they could tell you were a jerk--regardless of skin color.

Redskin 70
01-23-2010, 08:35 AM
Amazes me how people want all sorts of law and order, right up until its THEIR law and order to be dealt with.
I also am always amazed on how quick people are to point out OTHER violations which are out there and than try to negate their violation as minor in comparison.
I could not begin to tell you the number of tickets I gave over a 30 year span,thousands maybe.............that being said, I gave tickets for a lot of reasons and a lot of violations, speeding, improper equipment, expired inspection sticker, DUI, failure to yield, etc etc etc, you get the picture.
I also heard every excuses under the sun and some I thought where pretty darn good.
Cops give tickets.
Cops are hired to give tickets.
We, they, are expected to give tickets.
Your odds ran out, you got a ticket.
and no, we didn't, and don't have quotas,
We, they, can give as MANY as they want/

I stopped an ole gal for speeding in a residential zone once, radar 45 in a 20.
Now most people would agree that that 25 over is a tad much in a neighbor hood, right.
I was assigned to run radar based on neighbor complaints about speeders and the department doing nothing.
The woman I stopped was one of the most prolific complainers to the department about speeders.
Now what do you think her excuse was...........................I targeted her because she was the complainer.............Nothing else. Until that moment I had no ideas she was the complainer.............to me she was just a mark.
I told her that so than she began to berate me for having a ticket quota.
I told he "Mamm, I got my ticket quota two tickets ago , I righting you for the pure hell of it"
Whats my point?
I haven't one, this is just an ole timer giving a homily nothing else.
Life goes on people get tickets, you got yours, dont let it consume you, life is to short.
There isnt any right or wrong in most situations, you just dont like your particular outcome. But really, after being angry for a few days, blow it off, lifes to short.:police:

Brandon_sharp
01-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Amazes me how people...

hahaha! I am completely with you. Great example.

kevinpate
01-23-2010, 11:17 AM
"Mamm, I got my ticket quota two tickets ago , I righting you for the pure hell of it" ...

:bow::bow::bow::bow:

stratosphere
01-27-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm knocking on wood as i write this, because ive been pretty lucky with tickets. Sure i have had many tickets in my life. But i have gotten away with much much more than i have ever been ticketed for. Your best bet, if pulled over, is to be respectful to the officer and maybe they will cut you a break. Even if i were to get pulled over tomorrow for something, then so be it. Sure i may not like it....but im also pretty sure that some point in my life i have broken a traffic law or two so badly that any ticket they could give me now would sort of make up for it.