View Full Version : Stir Crazy!

dismayed
12-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Apparently I am going stir crazy due to the snow, at least that is how I'm explaining my 1509872340981 posts on okctalk today. Knocking down a bottle of something cannot be far away.

Just wondering what your favorite activities are when you're cooped up inside the house?

Dustin
12-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Facebook!!

Platemaker
12-24-2009, 05:20 PM
:love_bed::love_bed::love_bed:

MY FAVORITE!!!

RedDirt717
12-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Apparently I am going stir crazy due to the snow, at least that is how I'm explaining my 1509872340981 posts on okctalk today. Knocking down a bottle of something cannot be far away.

Just wondering what your favorite activities are when you're cooped up inside the house?

Video games, Chili and Jim Beam.

jstanthrnme
12-24-2009, 05:26 PM
Whiskey: The sweater you wear on the inside.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
12-24-2009, 05:44 PM
Well my wife is putting down margaritas like it was a sport...But I'm sipping on some Fat Tire, I've got some Chimay to back it up, and we're just relaxing on our 4 day weekend :)

gen70
12-24-2009, 05:44 PM
Whiskey: The sweater you wear on the inside. LOL...It's so true.

gen70
12-24-2009, 05:47 PM
With all the beer, wine and whiskey flowing there might be some interesting posts later.

dismayed
12-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Good times, good times!

Spartan
12-24-2009, 06:00 PM
With all the beer, wine and whiskey flowing there might be some interesting posts later.

Don't drink and post.

gen70
12-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Don't drink and post.

Sound advise.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
12-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Drinking and posting is GREAT.

It's second only to drinking and online shopping. Which is kickass because instead of a hangover, you get random prizes showing up on your porch for the next two weeks. It's great

stratosphere
12-24-2009, 06:05 PM
there is actually a beer truck stuck out on the NW Hwy behind my house, in what has become a parking lot. I wonder if he would mind if went and grabbed some beer off of his truck?

Luckily i have some of my own in the fridge.

dismayed
12-24-2009, 06:10 PM
there is actually a beer truck stuck out on the NW Hwy behind my house, in what has become a parking lot. I wonder if he would mind if went and grabbed some beer off of his truck?

Wow there really is a Santa Claus!

Oh GAWD the Smell!
12-24-2009, 06:11 PM

Luckily i have some of my own in the fridge.

lol...I'm getting ready to have to brave the "blizzard" because of this. I have some beer in the house...But most of it is in my beer fridge out in the shop. There's a 3' snow drift just off my back porch and the shop door has been welded shut by ice.

But there's beer in there.

Dilemma.

stratosphere
12-24-2009, 06:16 PM
lol...I'm getting ready to have to brave the "blizzard" because of this. I have some beer in the house...But most of it is in my beer fridge out in the shop. There's a 3' snow drift just off my back porch and the shop door has been welded shut by ice.

Dilemma.

well obviously you gotta go, but does your shop have any windows you could open so you dont have to break the ice?

Decious
12-24-2009, 06:18 PM
Sex.

stratosphere
12-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Sex.

im actually suprised everyone thought of beer before sex...

dismayed
12-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Here's a little something for some merry-making that I just tried and really liked:

The Drunk on Christmas

4 oz sour mix
3 oz midori
2 oz whiskey
1 oz apple schnapps (I used triple sec)

Top with a maraschino cherry. Tastes good but packs a punch. Plus it looks pretty festive.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
12-24-2009, 06:28 PM
well obviously you gotta go, but does your shop have any windows you could open so you dont have to break the ice?

Yeah. One. But it's got bars on it (and it's welded shut with ice as well). Hmmmm...my heat gun is in the shop too...

See this:

Well my wife is putting down margaritas like it was a sport...But I'm sipping on some Fat Tire, I've got some Chimay to back it up, and we're just relaxing on our 4 day weekend :)

We're getting each other sauced ;)

Kerry
12-24-2009, 06:58 PM

Duh - it is an online message board. The only thing that surprises me is Dungeon and Dragons hasn't been mentioned yet.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
12-24-2009, 07:00 PM
I braved the apocalypse of frozen doom -only fell once into a 3 foot drift BTW- and retrieved mah beerz.

*crack*

Now on to my level XXXVIII Paladin

stratosphere
12-24-2009, 07:09 PM
glad you made it!
ive just been instructed to open a bottle of wine....i know what that leads to...

so much for my beer for tonight anyway.

native
12-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Started with Ketel One. Wine was next. Getting read to drink some apple cider. I'm guessing wine will follow. Then maybe some lovin' afterward....

Was supposed to head Tulsa way today but we are still here. Maybe tomorrow...

bretthexum
12-24-2009, 08:25 PM
Duh - it is an online message board. The only thing that surprises me is Dungeon and Dragons hasn't been mentioned yet.

DoD is so yesterday. WoW baby

andy157
12-24-2009, 10:00 PM

Dilemma.Hope you had a successful beer run.

andy157
12-24-2009, 10:03 PM
Hope you had a successful beer run.OOPS, I see you did. Congratulations!!!

nik4411
12-24-2009, 10:12 PM
so my cousin says you cant buy fat tire in this state.

true or false?

Stinger
12-24-2009, 10:22 PM

true or false?

True.

Fat Tire won't let their beer be sold warm. And OK law won't allow 6-point to be sold cold.

That's the only thing keeping my favorite beer from being sold in state. TX/KS/CO get my biz.

blangtang
12-24-2009, 10:22 PM
true

unless its black market

lhendrix
12-24-2009, 10:25 PM
Home alone didn't make it to Hooker OK. But the Bloody Mary's and Wine did help. And the fact that I just chatted with my son a solidier in Iraq. It is Christmas Morning there. He said Terrorists don't celebrate Christmas and it is a work day for those guys. Keep em in your prayers. I hope everyone has fun amusing themselves. Technology really helps....... and the warm fuzzy feeling from the drinks........ Merry Christmas all...... I hope everyone has a safe and happy Christmas..... Does anyone think we will have a baby boom in 9 months? I suspect that just may happen........

fuzzytoad
12-24-2009, 10:29 PM

true or false?

True

The brewer won't allow it to be sold if it doesn't stay refrigerated.

You can get it at a few specialty bars, but only at an insane markup.

Just one of many reasons to give your money to other states.

nik4411
12-24-2009, 10:31 PM
thanks guys

stratosphere
12-25-2009, 08:47 AM
The beer truck behind my house is still there, along with a few other cars. The doors on the side of the truck are all raised and it looks empty....wonder if someone came along and helped themselves?

Or did whoever rescued the driver help unload that thing (presumable into another beer truck) in the middle of the night in sub zero temps?

kevinpate
12-25-2009, 08:58 AM
The beer truck behind my house is still there, along with a few other cars. The doors on the side of the truck are all raised and it looks empty....wonder if someone came along and helped themselves?

Or did whoever rescued the driver help unload that thing (presumable into another beer truck) in the middle of the night in sub zero temps?

The answer may somewhat depend on what neighborhood you're in.

stratosphere
12-25-2009, 09:53 AM
The answer may somewhat depend on what neighborhood you're in.

well its certainly not a bad neighborhood by any means, though im sure every neighborhood has its low points. But the location of the truck, NW Expressway and Portland, would under normal circumstances be considered highly visible.

The fact that the doors are all raised on the beer truck today leads me to believe that either someone cleaned them out or they loaded all of the contents of the truck into another beer truck that was mobile. Or i suppose a third option would be that the driver, upon being rescued, raised the doors so that potential thieves would see nothing was inside and wouldn't vandalize the truck trying to get the doors open. I do know the doors were closed last night when i first saw that truck there, so that raises my curiousity.

Oh GAWD the Smell!
12-25-2009, 04:49 PM

true or false?

As ^^^ those guys said...True...Unless it's an under the radar sort of deal (I've bought it at the liquor store at 4th & Eastern in Moore once). But I got it from out of state this time.

It's not the GREATEST...But it's pretty tasty. And all gone :(

I guess it's Chimay and Smithwick's tonight.

stratosphere
12-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Stella for me

glad i got my driveway shoveled this afternoon, wasn't bad until the wind picked up around 4.

ddavidson8
12-25-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm an wizard.

muzique808
12-25-2009, 10:41 PM
well its certainly not a bad neighborhood by any means, though im sure every neighborhood has its low points. But the location of the truck, NW Expressway and Portland, would under normal circumstances be considered highly visible.

The fact that the doors are all raised on the beer truck today leads me to believe that either someone cleaned them out or they loaded all of the contents of the truck into another beer truck that was mobile. Or i suppose a third option would be that the driver, upon being rescued, raised the doors so that potential thieves would see nothing was inside and wouldn't vandalize the truck trying to get the doors open. I do know the doors were closed last night when i first saw that truck there, so that raises my curiousity.

I go for a possible combination of two and three. We always left our empty cash registers open and visible at night at the retail store I worked in.

nik4411
12-25-2009, 11:00 PM
As ^^^ those guys said...True...Unless it's an under the radar sort of deal (I've bought it at the liquor store at 4th & Eastern in Moore once). But I got it from out of state this time.

It's not the GREATEST...But it's pretty tasty. And all gone :(

I guess it's Chimay and Smithwick's tonight.

well hey you can't go wrong with smithwick's. one of my favorites.

rcjunkie
12-26-2009, 04:04 AM
My favorite is whatever there's the most of

OUSoonerfan3
12-26-2009, 11:18 AM
I bought 3 cases of Fat Tire at the Sams in Louisville, Tx back in October. It was not refrigerated, so I wonder about the "sold cold" rule.

betts
12-26-2009, 12:25 PM
I've been stuck at home, when not at work, for the last three days. Husband, who's working today, took my car since his is stuck in the snow, and my daughter left with her four wheel drive vehicle last night and ended up staying at a friend's house. So, the best cure for the stir crazy blues is a Thunder game. I'm am so excited to get out of the house and be entertained. I bet there won't be a lot of people there, but sometimes that makes it more fun. Especially if they move the people in Loud City down to the first level. It should be festive!

ddavidson8
12-26-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm out of 10 sided dice. Anyone have some they can bring me?

stratosphere
12-26-2009, 03:52 PM
I was just able to get out and run to the corner store and buy lottery tickets and more beer. The neighborhood roads are still slick and hazardous, the main roads some of them have been plowed and some have not. I was supposed to go to my parents' house tomorrow (they live in Slaughterville) but im probably gonna call that one off since im sure the roads out there are bad. Anyone know what the highways are like at this point...specifically I-35 and HWY 9?

dismayed
12-27-2009, 11:12 AM
No idea about SH-9, but I-35 is actually pretty good if you can actually get onto it.

I hear that it's completely shut down south of here though, down in the Arbuckles.

EBAH
12-27-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm out of 10 sided dice. Anyone have some they can bring me?

You know, if you are an iphone user, the app "Dice Shaker" will take care of all your RPG dice needs. I have used it on D&D and our current RIFTS campaign with great success, oh and my game night is tomorrow.

stratosphere
12-27-2009, 12:58 PM
No idea about SH-9, but I-35 is actually pretty good if you can actually get onto it.

I hear that it's completely shut down south of here though, down in the Arbuckles.

Thanks. Talked to my folks last night and they said the roads out their way weren't too bad...then again they have a Jeep. Will do Christmas with them later on i suppose. Highways around here looked pretty good so hopefully the drive into work tomorrow wont be too bad. Neighborhood roads still suck.