View Full Version : OKC profiled on History Channel's "Gangland"...

Pages : 1 2 [3]

ronronnie1
12-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Homophobic too? Not surprising. My posts get removed for daring to question xtians, but racism and homophobia are ignored? I doubt you'll be banned (this is Oklahoma afterall), so welcome to the board!

I'm over this conversation. Laterz.

circled9
12-22-2009, 01:52 PM
i would like to see this. does anyone know if it will be replayed or another way to view it at this late date?

trousers
12-22-2009, 02:11 PM
I'm amazed people are overlooking the real problem...
the Irish.

FFLady
12-22-2009, 02:27 PM
i would like to see this. does anyone know if it will be replayed or another way to view it at this late date?

Not sure if this will help - but here is the History Channel's website, that lists their showings. :-)

http://www.history.com/content/gangland

kevinpate
12-22-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm amazed people are overlooking the real problem...
the Irish.

The Irish ain't nevah no problem. You know better. Now, da Canadians, they be a problem
:tiphat:

Midtowner
12-22-2009, 02:45 PM
I never use racist talk. But if you want to defend a racist, then have at. I'm not surpised though. I suspect you share his/her views, por ejamplo.

I was talking about the unmitigated jackassery you display on occasion rather than racism.

As for my views on the subject, I wouldn't recommend you apply for a job with the psychic hotline because the stars have not advised you well this day.

MGE1977
12-22-2009, 04:33 PM
LOL,…. Let’s recap. I made mention of a widely reported news story and my dismay in hearing of the news while in the context of commenting on this thread and my related experience. YOU DECIDED TO CHIME IN WITH PERSONAL INSULTS DIRECTED TOWARD ME. Then your ‘homies’ came out of the woodwork in the fashion that I am accustomed to witnessing firing off about what a ‘racist’ I am, bla, bla, bla……..in what I have seen time and time again as some pathetic effort to silence a viewpoint that you don’t agree with.

Then you refused to shut up and got slammed at every turn in your campaign to undermine the validity of my concerns. You want to cry when you get your feelings hurt by the fact being pointed out that your people are generally best qualified to run the leaf blowers in our society and try to make it out like I have burned a cross in your front yard. Boo ****ing hoo.

I’m more than willing to get this thread back onto the topic of what a ‘vibrant’ Hispanic gang culture we have been featured on national television as having in Oklahoma City. Let’s talk about what a fabulous contribution Hispanics are making to our image here. How they can do more than just blow our leaves.

To begin, I would have to admit that you are right to have been "slammed at every turn."

You're nasty, and loud, and ignorant. These articles of which you speak, in what publication (that is newsworthy) is there an outcry for the loss of the white majority? I'm guessing that they are stating facts and figures about the changing numbers, but a news agency reporting outrage? Likely you've misrepresented your sources, and since you've cited immigration acts of 1924, perhaps Mien Kampf is your fireside read, something as historically important, yet equally relevant to current situations.

The last president spoke fluent Spanish for crying out loud. Why would he do such a thing? My guess is that he knew where this nation was headed, that he was open to the fact that the Sovereinty of the United States would remain intact because its the United 'freakin' States.

The influx of Mexican natives will only influence the number of future Americans who count themselves of Mexican descent.

You friend undoubtedly will satisfy the numbers on the ignorant, white, self bloated and egotistical, prejudiced and socially inept side of the tally.

Midtowner
12-22-2009, 05:33 PM
The influx of Irish natives will only influence the number of future Americans who count themselves of Irish descent.(Great-Great-Great Grandpappy MGE1977, 1841)

The influx of German natives will only influence the number of future Americans who count themselves of German descent. (Great-Great Grandpappy [member, Nativist/Know Nothing Movement] MGE1977, 1854)

The influx of Italian, Swedish and Norwegian natives will only influence the number of future Americans who count themselves of Italian, Swedish and Norwegian descent. (Great Grandpappy, 1915)

The influx of Eastern European/Jewish natives will only influence the number of future Americans who count themselves of Eastern European/Jewish descent. (Grandpappy MGE1977, 1924)

The influx of Mexican natives will only influence the number of future Americans who count themselves of Mexican descent. (MGE1977, 2009)

For historical context...

Fastfwd
12-23-2009, 06:43 AM
To begin, I would have to admit that you are right to have been "slammed at every turn."

You're nasty, and loud, and ignorant. These articles of which you speak, in what publication (that is newsworthy) is there an outcry for the loss of the white majority? I'm guessing that they are stating facts and figures about the changing numbers, but a news agency reporting outrage? Likely you've misrepresented your sources, and since you've cited immigration acts of 1924, perhaps Mien Kampf is your fireside read, something as historically important, yet equally relevant to current situations.

The last president spoke fluent Spanish for crying out loud. Why would he do such a thing? My guess is that he knew where this nation was headed, that he was open to the fact that the Sovereinty of the United States would remain intact because its the United 'freakin' States.

The influx of Mexican natives will only influence the number of future Americans who count themselves of Mexican descent.

You friend undoubtedly will satisfy the numbers on the ignorant, white, self bloated and egotistical, prejudiced and socially inept side of the tally.

You just can’t shut up can you? I thought you weren’t going to run your mouth anymore? Isn’t that what you said in your last post? For somebody who would like to pretend that you’re the one who is doing the slamming …….you sure do seem to feel compelled to get that last failed attempt to make a low blow in.

I was going to just call ‘straw man’ and let it go, but honestly I don’t think you’re quite bright enough to consciously craft a straw man argument. As crude as it is that is mostly what your dribble has been from the beginning.

Maybe this will help to justify my waning interest in responding to you: Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man)

I’ve never said there were articles I was referencing on white people’s outcry about the loss of the white majority by 2050. These recent articles are actually pushing the date back to 2050 from an earlier projection. There are definitely articles out there stating exactly what you are asking for, but all I ever stated was my opinion on the fact that this is being projected. Dumbass. Are you really listening or is this your feeble attempt at a ‘straw man’ argument?

You keep on insisting upon going back to my reference of the immigration policy history of the United States and trying to represent it as some kind of core to my argument for immigration reform. Then you try to knock it down with your statements of how antiquated my notions of immigration policy should be.

I sit here and wonder if we are having the same argument at all the way you cook up this ****. The text of the posts clearly indicated that I referenced the Immigration Act of 1924 to refute your assertion that somehow my ancestors were allowed in to the United States without restrictions. Pure and simple. Your assertion was blown out of the water and yet you insist upon attempting to ‘straw man’ it into some kind of position that you believe you can defeat. LOL yeah, I did state an opinion that the history of immigration policy, which I had no clue about before I Googled to refute you, would serve well as a template for current immigration policy, but that opinion was formed after the fact of discovering it myself to dispel your assertions.

Are you seriously going to reference George W. Bush as a beacon of wisdom regarding what is best for the country? You know what….. I’m just going to let that stand as your position on that. I think it speaks for itself.

In case you haven’t noticed…..your opinion on the flood of Mexicans coming into this country and how they may or may not assimilate is differing from my opinion. How about you accept that and let it go?

You can say just about whatever you want about me and I’m still going to be white and you’re still going to be whatever it is that you are. I know that must suck for you, but that’s the way it is. No attempt to string together insults to me is going to make it any different. No number of little brown babbies born from law breaking illegal immigrants into this country is going to make it any different. Your people are stealing their place in the United States. A place that should be divided up amongst the populations of the world and prized for what it is worth. It seems almost fitting that my impression of Mexicans as a kid was that they would steal your hubcaps. I’m not sure just where that impression came from…. I never imagined that Mexicans would be allowed to just walk off with the keys to the democracy of the most powerful country in the nation. My country.

MGE1977
12-23-2009, 07:38 AM
Fastfwd

Listen Mac, waning interest is filling pages of posts.

GWB was in my opinion a numbskull for a large part of his 8 years, relative to your Immigration Act of 1924 reference, I'll also let my citation stand on its own defense.

You are stating that our ancestry came under harsher times, persecuted to a larger degree, and limited in numbers by legislation and it doesn't add up. Johnson-Reed and the like, I don't believe, ever even applied their quotas to peoples of the Western Hemishphere. Also, it was a percentage of current population, those populations have grown, so naturally....

At anyrate, you're not relenting. Your obstinance, though fueled by an undeducated desire to vomit partial truths, is endearing - like the heart tugging exploits of those lemurs on the discovery channel.

Martin
12-23-2009, 09:35 AM
ok, peeps... calm down. also, we can do without the racial epithets... not cool.

-M

Martin
12-23-2009, 09:39 AM
my posts get removed for daring to question xtians, but racism and homophobia are ignored?

nope. your posts get removed because you lack the ability to state your position without personally attacking other users.

-M

Fastfwd
12-23-2009, 09:39 AM
Fastfwd

Listen Mac, waning interest is filling pages of posts.

GWB was in my opinion a numbskull for a large part of his 8 years, relative to your Immigration Act of 1924 reference, I'll also let my citation stand on its own defense.

You are stating that our ancestry came under harsher times, persecuted to a larger degree, and limited in numbers by legislation and it doesn't add up. Johnson-Reed and the like, I don't believe, ever even applied their quotas to peoples of the Western Hemishphere. Also, it was a percentage of current population, those populations have grown, so naturally....

At anyrate, you're not relenting. Your obstinance, though fueled by an undeducated desire to vomit partial truths, is endearing - like the heart tugging exploits of those lemurs on the discovery channel.

Why don’t you make it clear? Are you a Mexican? Are you embarrassed to admit it or what? I’m really not following where you are trying to say you are coming from. Aren’t you the one who mentioned that you grew up in New Mexico with a bunch of 'Mexicans' and how great they were….. then at some point you made a reference that made it sound like you were in fact a 'Mexican' too. I really am not sure at this point, but you don’t seem to deny it when I reference you being a Mexican.

So, who is this ‘our’ ancestry that you are talking about? Mexicans? I’m not a 'Mexican' to make it clear. So, you and I don’t share ancestry if that is your assertion and you are indeed a 'Mexican'. I’m not from the Western Hemisphere (see what I did there….I used spell check to make sure I didn’t misspell that……how ironic you misspelled uneducated as well, isn’t it?)

You are just really stuck on how highly educated you are compared to me and how ignorant I am……yet your dumb ass keeps on coming up with the most bizarre misrepresentations of my position that I really honestly don’t think you are purposefully making in an attempt to create some kind of ‘straw man’ argument, but instead you’re just too thick to just accept that any reference to this Immigration Act was to dispel your assertion that MY ancestry (European) wasn’t subjected to quotas.

So, Professor……just what are your education credentials? If you insist upon making such a big deal of it – let’s hear about how degreed you are.

I’ll go first…..while I’m not making a big deal of it I have a bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice from good ole Southeastern Oklahoma State University. Not likely as prestigious of a university as you may or may not have attended, but with a background of having a father being a career FBI Agent I have some education on what breaking the law is. As related to this discussion – how ‘illegal immigrants’ should rightly be rounded up and shipped out in mass as law breakers in MY country and put at the end of the line to immigrate here if even allowed back in.

I am currently contemplating pursing my masters in an unrelated career field which I am employed in…...I would ultimately like to see myself employed as a vocational rehabilitation counselor for troops returning from the wars that our illustrious President Bush sent them to.

I’m really keen to hear how incredibly educated you are……..you really seem to think you have a reason to have this huge chip on your shoulder about how smart you are. I’m not seeing evidence of it in your posts, but I’m curious if you actually have a degree to back up your mouth.

Martin
12-23-2009, 09:48 AM
well... that's better than your original post, fastfwd.

still, i think everybody just needs to calm down a bit. -M

Fastfwd
12-23-2009, 09:54 AM
well... that's better than your original post, fastfwd.

still, i think everybody just needs to calm down a bit. -M

I respect your request to avoid epithets and I will make the effort to do so……

I enjoy a sparring on the net as much as anyone, but I am honestly growing tired of responding to the same old rehash of ‘straw man’ arguments over and over…..

kmf563
12-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Mods I've seen threads closed for much less than what's going on in here. Matter of fact, I've seen folks flagged by big brother and put on the watch list for less threatening extreme statements.

I am taking this opportunity to end my part. It's way too aggressive and disrespectful. :closed:

Fastfwd
12-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Mods I've seen threads closed for much less than what's going on in here. Matter of fact, I've seen folks flagged by big brother and put on the watch list for less threatening extreme statements.

I am taking this opportunity to end my part. It's way too aggressive and disrespectful. :closed:

What ‘threatening extreme statements’ are you referring to exactly? Are you threatened by the reality that Mexicans are flooding the country and there are people who are outraged by it?

Is being ‘flagged’ by Big Brother supposed to be a threat that we should all live under fear of for expressing disgust with immigration policy? LOL Yeah, put me on the list of people who give a **** that Mexicans are flooding the country.

Sweetheart, I’ve written to half the legislature on this topic….. if you think being ‘flagged by big brother’ for posts on OKC Talk is something to fear I truly feel sorry for you.

Are they going to be ‘watching’ lawn crews all over my side of town to ensure that I don’t sabotage their leaf blowing?

MGE1977
12-23-2009, 11:22 AM
What ‘threatening extreme statements’ are you referring to exactly? Are you threatened by the reality that Mexicans are flooding the country and there are people who are outraged by it?

Is being ‘flagged’ by Big Brother supposed to be a threat that we should all live under fear of for expressing disgust with immigration policy? LOL Yeah, put me on the list of people who give a **** that Mexicans are flooding the country.

Sweetheart, I’ve written to half the legislature on this topic….. if you think being ‘flagged by big brother’ for posts on OKC Talk is something to fear I truly feel sorry for you.

Are they going to be ‘watching’ lawn crews all over my side of town to ensure that I don’t sabotage their leaf blowing?

You are more formally educated than am I.

Don't lash out at everybody on this thread because you can't argue your point adequately.

Your dad was a great man, and I bet he could beat up my dad.

You are still ignorant.

Fastfwd
12-23-2009, 01:00 PM
You are more formally educated than am I.

Don't lash out at everybody on this thread because you can't argue your point adequately.

Your dad was a great man, and I bet he could beat up my dad.

You are still ignorant.

Wow, you really can’t trump an undergrad degree from SOSU? At least you CAN be honest about something. Your posts have been full of what I might consider dishonesty in your effort to somehow confuse this entire argument. While that might be a stereotype that I could attribute to your ethnic background – I’ll give you credit that you didn’t just make up an educational background to try to bolster your stance of intellectual superiority.

I’m not ‘lashing out’ at anyone…. She freely made herself a part of this discussion and I ignored her accusation of racism that she piled on previously, but the utter ridiculousness of misrepresenting my statements as being ‘threatening’ warranting a hate crimes investigation deserves attention.

Again, this has not a thing to do with my adeptness in arguing my point – that’s yet another dishonest twisting of facts on your part to muddy the waters. Just when I thought you might actually try to make an honest argument…..there you go again.

You’ve done nothing in my opinion to reveal me to be ignorant in my position on this subject. I could very easily site any number of organizations which share my views on this topic. I only wish there were more people who would be outspoken in their opinion on this issue and not be frightened by the threat of being labeled a racist for their belief. It might just spark me to look into becoming a part of a more organized effort actually. Not that I believe it may not already be too late, but it might not be too late to give up completely.

soonerguru
12-23-2009, 01:44 PM
This is exhausting. We get that you really hate Mexicans. We don't. Can we move on now?

Fastfwd
12-23-2009, 02:18 PM
I found my registration to FAIR just now….. .I actually forgot I signed up for it over 5 years ago. I quit using my Hotmail address and reading the e-mails. I’ve signed back up with my new e-mail address. I may take them up on becoming more active or if a few extra dollars comes in maybe I’ll make a contribution.

The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR): FAIR Home Page (http://www.fairus.org/site/PageNavigator/homepagenew)

kevinpate
12-23-2009, 02:20 PM
... if a few extra dollars comes in maybe I’ll make a contribution. ...

Well, now that you mention it, I do have some leaves that need clearin'.
:poke:

Fastfwd
12-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Well, at least you’re thinking about hiring a citizen to do your yard work. That’s a start. There was a time I seem to remember when people weren’t so ****ing lazy and they raked their own yards and didn’t employ illegals to do it for their lazy ass.

I have two relatives who do landscaping and I have to bite my tongue to not make comments on who they have working for them. I know for sure that one of them employees illegals. I’m not sure of the other.

soonerguru
12-23-2009, 05:03 PM
What does this have to do with the History Channel show? Can we close this thread and let FrWrd start an anti-immigrant thread on the political board?

Fastfwd
12-23-2009, 05:12 PM
What does this have to do with the History Channel show? Can we close this thread and let FrWrd start an anti-immigrant thread on the political board?

Why are you so concerned about it?

How about this……how do you feel illegal immigration has impacted the growth of Hispanic gangs in Oklahoma City? They’re coming from somewhere and they weren’t here not so long ago.

If you want to talk about it then there you go…..back on topic just for you. Nothing is stopping you from contributing to the topic of this thread. I personally feel that the flood of Mexicans is directly connected to these Hispanic gangs proliferating.

kevinpate
12-23-2009, 05:22 PM
... I have two relatives who do landscaping and I have to bite my tongue to not make comments on who they have working for them. I know for sure that one of them employees illegals. I’m not sure of the other.

Hmmm, so if your white family is employing folks not legally present, that's ok, worth only a bite of your tongue. Hmmmm, white European ancestry, tis ok when family does something ... hmmm, why does that sound so family .... family, aw shucks, I'm too hungry to sort it out now.

Think maybe I'll go have some ravioli.

Peace and good night to all, and for those who have asked, as of a moment ago, ALL the kiddos are now home safe for the holidays!

MGE1977
12-23-2009, 06:49 PM
You’ve done nothing in my opinion to reveal me to be ignorant in my position on this subject.

My proud undergrad, I'll guess that your are young as you haven't yet met someone with whom to propagate the white race, and so I'll bow to your assertions that a college degree is necessary to make one important or educated.

As for having done nothing to reveal your ignorance, friend anything more than what you have already posted would be redundant, and a wasteful duplication of effort.

Defense rests your honor, white and ignorant, while not a plea, certainly grounds for dismissal on insanity.

Martin
12-23-2009, 06:56 PM
what does this have to do with the history channel show?

nothing... but i'd hate to close a thread just because it's gotten off track. so...

alright, peeps... this thread needs to get back to topic. now. want to talk about immigration? start another thread. want to engage in a pissing contest? go someplace else. last warning.

-M

nik4411
12-23-2009, 10:09 PM
ok, so the program documented the southside locos.
obviously there are blood and crip gangs around, or guys claiming them.
what other gangs are in the area

55ranchwagon
12-23-2009, 10:51 PM
i have lived in all these areas not as bad as the show portrayed it.

55ranchwagon
12-23-2009, 10:52 PM
in the late 80s early 90s was kinda crazy in these areas slowed down for a longtime
in 2004 2005 gotta crazy again for a bit

Midtowner
12-24-2009, 07:17 AM
ok, so the program documented the southside locos.
obviously there are blood and crip gangs around, or guys claiming them.
what other gangs are in the area

A bunch. A fraternity brother of mine patrols that area, used to do it on the late shift, not sure which one he's on now. He once went down the list for me. It's fairly long.

gracefor24
12-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Those who are saying that it was overhyped or OKC doesn't have much of a gang problem are completely wrong. The bottom line is every large city has these types of problems and if you mind your own business and aren't involved in it you will rarely have any problems in these areas, though they are far from safe.

My grandparent's lived in South Oak Cliff in Dallas until '95 and we used to walk all over the neighborhood and never had any problems. I have been to the South Side of Chicago, Little Haiti in Miami, and South Central LA with no issues. That doesn't mean that they aren't there and that they aren't serious.

And most people who say they lived "there" and never had any problems most likely never lived in the worse areas, only near them, and that's a big difference.

One of the apartments where I work with a kid has had two murders in the last 2 months, neither were reported as gang related but I can guarantee you they were because all the young guys who are robbing, dealing, and killing are all gang involved.

OKC has plenty of blood and crip gangs, though crips outnumber bloods heavily (in almost every major metro). We have gangs like 107 Hoover, Shotgun Crip, Inglewood Family Blood, Murder One, 456 Piru, Grape Street Crip, Playboy Gangster Crip, Neighborhood Crip (with different sets w/in like 27 and 90), Rollin 20's and 60's crip.

If you think these things aren't serious then you need to go visit with some kids who go to Capitol Hill or Douglass and ask them how gangs and violence has affected their lives and if it is a real issue. The stories you would hear would shock you.

Okcguy45
12-31-2009, 06:26 PM
I saw the show and realize we do have gang issues in OC. However, the people they interviewed like bone-something and the little guy with large shades are obviously phony!! The first big bone guy was a joke, his fake gangster wanna-be accent did not mix with his fraudulent "attitude"!
Come on stop trying to make OC so bad or at least find sone real gang angers instead of pozers!

55ranchwagon
01-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Those who are saying that it was overhyped or OKC doesn't have much of a gang problem are completely wrong. The bottom line is every large city has these types of problems and if you mind your own business and aren't involved in it you will rarely have any problems in these areas, though they are far from safe.

My grandparent's lived in South Oak Cliff in Dallas until '95 and we used to walk all over the neighborhood and never had any problems. I have been to the South Side of Chicago, Little Haiti in Miami, and South Central LA with no issues. That doesn't mean that they aren't there and that they aren't serious.

And most people who say they lived "there" and never had any problems most likely never lived in the worse areas, only near them, and that's a big difference.

One of the apartments where I work with a kid has had two murders in the last 2 months, neither were reported as gang related but I can guarantee you they were because all the young guys who are robbing, dealing, and killing are all gang involved.

OKC has plenty of blood and crip gangs, though crips outnumber bloods heavily (in almost every major metro). We have gangs like 107 Hoover, Shotgun Crip, Inglewood Family Blood, Murder One, 456 Piru, Grape Street Crip, Playboy Gangster Crip, Neighborhood Crip (with different sets w/in like 27 and 90), Rollin 20's and 60's crip.

If you think these things aren't serious then you need to go visit with some kids who go to Capitol Hill or Douglass and ask them how gangs and violence has affected their lives and if it is a real issue. The stories you would hear would shock you.

havent heard alot of them names since the mid 90s

gracefor24
01-03-2010, 06:49 PM
I saw the show and realize we do have gang issues in OC. However, the people they interviewed like bone-something and the little guy with large shades are obviously phony!! The first big bone guy was a joke, his fake gangster wanna-be accent did not mix with his fraudulent "attitude"!
Come on stop trying to make OC so bad or at least find sone real gang angers instead of pozers!

You probably would have said the same thing about the kid who was in the shootout at Crossroads Mall if he were interviewed. Most of these types of kids don't come across as scary (and most times aren't) but to think they aren't violent is not true.

I know for a fact the main guy they interviewed, "Joker", is known as a killer in the OKCPD. The hard thing about doing a show like that is you likely aren't going to get any active guys to do an interview.

ray99
01-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Lets bring in more from Haiti and let them get "on the job training" from our best gangs. That will also help to get us on the map. By the way, where is Al Sharpton and others like him on Haiti issues, and how many did he adopt?

trousers
01-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Where the hell did that come from?